Thread: Femininity to the Xth degree...

Banned Read only

Femininity to the Xth degree...

(Obviously) being or presenting as feminine as possible is the goal for most of the regulars here even those who have no desire to ever leave their homes.

So, WHO is it that you think is the most feminine lady or ladies. Someone (or ones) famous of course. Actress, sports lady of some kind, broadcaster, politician, etc.

Exactly WHAT makes her feminine in your eyes? Could it simply be appearance/clothing? How she treats or interacts with people. Is that part of the equation? How about Confidence? Does it play any part.

I always thought princess Di was a class act in every way. Jaclyn Smith of Charlies' Angels fame also comes to mind. She also had that syruppy voice as an added bonus.

And all you GGs feel free to jump in here. I have a feeling your take might be a bit different.

I LOVE Vanna White.

I think she is very feminine not only because of the clothes she wears, but because of the way she presents herself. The way she stands, walks, and interacts with other people.
    Last edited by Anna Stouf; 11-02-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

Years ago I wanted to be Barbarella, a part played by Jane Fonda.

She did that well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Dita von Teese. Love her. Just being feminine is basically her whole career and lifestyle.

Banned Read only
    That's a difficult question to answer because rarely do you see someone on a daily basis who is in the national or even local spotlight. I do have some local newscasters or weather girls I enjoy watching, but, not because of their femininity. On a daily basis I have to agree with Anna. I watch the Wheel of Fortune almost every night. I had to look up her birth date just now. Born February 18, 1957. Sixty-one years of age. Pat and Vanna have contracts that run until 2022. She'll be 65. When the show does flashbacks to earlier years she obviously looks more youthful. However, I feel her maturity exudes femininity and sexuality of an experienced woman. I freely admit I love to watch her walk across the stage and turn those letters. Ever notice she or at least the producers know she is a star of the show. If there are two tiles to turn she always goes to the one farthest away and backtracks to the one which had been the closest. She has poise. She has a nice figure. I love watching every night to see what she will be wearing. She looks as alluring in a knee length dress as in a ankle length gown.

As more and more women reject traditional values, behaviors and feelings that were representitive of what epitomized women in the past, it's difficult to say what particular woman is the 'most feminine' in today's world. Additionally, it would vary from culture to culture.
    However, most still identify the traditional domestic nurturing and child rearing, submissive/receptive sexual role, and the assumption of making herself as physically, sexually attractive as 'most feminine'.
    Take your pick: The most obvious will be celebrities who display their bodies to be the closest to what is perceived to be the female ideal visually, while also embracing being a wife and mother. Add in a nurturing profession and you've got your gal.
    For me, it would be one of many of the nurses that I work with.
    One in particular stands out. She's now 43; mom of two children, still involved in their lives (and always has been), still puts in a lot of effort to maintain a distinctly feminine appearance, supports her husband, and is always actively involved with her extended family as well. A nicer person you could not meet.
    I don't know any celebrities or public figures that everyone might know, that I could call personal friends. Fictional characters, perhaps? How about the mom on the show 'Last Man Standing'?
    Professionally successful in her own right, yet still puts her family and marriage firmly first in importance. And still looks 'hot' when well into her 40's.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My thoughts on femininity are, devoted, caring to her man, always smiling, being womanly, saying nice, sweet things, and being the best partner a girl could be! I try to make Roxanne as feminine as possible!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Wonder Woman!
    Expressing love to the world whilst depressing the evil!

Just me though
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

When this question comes up Carrie Underwood is always the first to come to mind.

As I strive to carefully develop and reveal my femininity, I try to display "quiet elegance". I'm in my mid-50's, so I'm not trying to present as an SI swimsuit model...but rather as a classy and elegant mature woman. One extremely beautiful and elegant woman I admire (although younger than me) is Duchess Kate. She is beautifully elegant and the type of woman I'd like to be.

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    Shawna, I like your term "quiet elegance". I model this as an ideal as well.

As far as known celebrities, I have not idealized anyone specifically. But I do admire the quality of "quiet elegance" in any woman.

For me it's Attitude that makes a woman feminine.
    Confidence is a big factor and for me it's ladies like Meredith Viera. I find her to be very feminine and attractive and I'd love to be more like her.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

As a mature woman, Annette Bening and Diane Keaton come to mind.
    Both seem to be ageless beauties, with grace and charm with an inner
    beauty that i adore...
    paula

April Playboy Playmate Gaye Rennie is my idea of ultimate femininity, and she has been my role model since I first saw her layout.

The OP said it was ok for GGs to jump in so here goes: For elegance I would chose Dutchess Kate. For overall awesomeness, definitely Lady Gaga!

I am going back a bit into old Hollywood glamour. The actresses like Audrey Hepburn, Hedy Lamarr , Jane Mansfield, Gene Tierney, Elizabeth Taylor, Sophia Loren and many, many more. Their beauty is breath taking and their femininity is pure. Those old black and white photos of them with their makeup and hair always perfect are amazing. Not to mention the jewelry and furs and beautiful dresses they all seem to have on . Plus, their small , petite frames and their gorgeous smiles. I can think of really only one actress of today that reminds me a little of them and that's Angelina Jolie.

Banned Read only
    Some good answers thus far. Most seems to be "level of physical attractiveness" based. So, could a woman of larger than average size and/or just "average looks" still be feminine? Can an average looking woman in a "nice well fitting dress" look more feminine than a "knockout" looking woman in baggy sweats or jeans and a T shirt?

How much of being or appearing feminine is simply about the "wrapper"? WHAT they are wearing.

I’ll throw a wrench in here. The most feminine celebrity I can think of is Courtney Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I’ll throw a wrench in here. The most feminine celebrity I can think of is Courtney Act.
    I would actually pick RuPaul over Courtney Act mostly because when both are in drab mode I think Ru is more feminine.

In my earlier years I would have picked someone who wore the prettiest dresses and such (so Dita von Tease). Now I think being nurturing and caring are just as important. Since I don't keep up with celebrities and their private lives, I think I would have to pick snow white, with both her beauty and nurturing behavior for the seven dwarves.