Thread: To see or not to see

To see or not to see

Two weeks ago my son moved back home because he's sold his home and is getting a divorce. He is aware that I crossdress but has never seen me as Karen. He is 39 and says he's cool with it. Because of the move and getting everything settled plus the fact that his girlfriend(reason for the divorce) has been over I haven 't been able to dress for 2 weeks. I was starting to stress out so I told him that Karen was coming for a visit tonight and If he chose to stay home he'd meet her. He chose to go out to dinner and a movie and said he would text me when on his way home alone. So I guess even though he' s O.K with dad dressing like a woman he's not quite ready to see it. I wonder who's more nervous ,me showing Karen to him or him seeing Karen. We will definitely sit down and talk I don't want to restrict my dressing to hen he's out or to chase him from the house in order to dress.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

He might have stepped out thinking that you may want your space. Or maybe a combination of these things. I say let him see, but perhaps a 'toned down' Karen for the first go around.

Just got a text from my son his outing cut short and on his way home .I was going to rush and change but instead texted him back and asked if he was ready to meet Karen and he said yes I told him I was scared and he said" don't be I love you." He'll be home soon hope it goes well. I think I look pretty good. I don't think he knows how involved my dressing is , he may think it's just dad sitting around in a dress. I hope he doesn't laugh, faint or throw up. Here we go.

I wish I could give you advise but I have two young kids (under 3) and don’t know yet if/how/when to tell them about my CDing.

This is probably hypocritical to say (being a CD myself) but if my Dad told me he was going to crossdress on Saturday I’d be fine with it but make other plans.

Probably has something to do with not breaking an image. Which is why I wonder if I having my kids know earlier is better.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you don't watch it the GF will be moved in soon then you really won't get any personal time.
    39 years old he should have his own place (temp apt).

My impression is you have a great son, non judgemental and loving. Thinking and hoping it all goes well.

Karen,

My belief is it will. or has depending upon the time, gone well. I understand your reticence to reveal all, it's a big step, but having made your position clear, there will at come a a time when this is a bridge to be crossed. Seize the day, all will be well.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    this is a bridge to be crossed. Seize the day, all will be well.
    Yes I definitely agree, carpe diem, this is the time I believe it will go well too.

I'd also echo what Tracii said though - just be careful that the power dynamic doesn't flip. This is your house, your rules. Having to make an appointment to be yourself in your own house is not going to work for you. It'll eat at your self esteem and next thing you'll be living in his house, his rules. This is particularly easy with grown kids who are used to the idea that Dad's house is my house too really.. eh no you're not 10 any more, so no it's not.

Best of luck today though - I really think it'll go well
    Last edited by Eemz; 11-02-2018 at 08:17 PM.

definitely, congratulations on having a good and loving son and good luck.

Take it slowly seeing as he knows you dress then perhaps you can tell him " Tonight I am going to have some Karen time" if he then tells you he is going out then he is not quite ready to actualy see you dressed, its a difficult thing to come to a hard and fast solution. Choose your time wisely and see how it goes.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

My son has met me as Karen and it could not have gone any better. He had the biggest smile came up to me gave me a big hug said I love you .He said he couldn't believe how good I looked and that he didn't realise how involved my dressing was. He couldn't stop smiling .We had a great talk ,called me Karen the whole time. I'm blessed to have a loving supportive son.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats a wonderful outcome and I am really happy for you.
    You set the rules and don't cave in because its your house and your life..
    Give him a time limit to where he has to have his own place.
    Thats not being mean he just needs to be on his own because he is an adult.

That’s awesome!! Kudos to your bravery to encouraging it to happen.✊🏻

Karen, Woohoo! Great news and a very nice outcome. Congrats! Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r so lucky, Karen! My live in adult daughter hides or flees when I tell her when Sherry will appear.

DADT works but is no fun!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hopefully you will both find the level playing field you need.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Karen, that is wonderful beyond words! I was hoping to hear a good update!

Karen, I have my adult step daughter (36) living in my house. I m not out terrible her and have no plans to be. I just want her to get her own place so that I can dress whenever I choose.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congratulations Karen! Great news!

What a wonderful outcome! Wishing you both all the best!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Karen, awesome story. I love stories like this. I often wonder if many of us would get this type of acceptance if we just were bold enough to ask for it.

Thats great glad it went well