Thread: Conflicted about a new two piece dress

Conflicted about a new two piece dress

My wife said I didn't need any more clothes, and she was serious about it. For the record, 9 dresses, 7 blouses, 8 or 9 skirts. A good collection, as all the dresses are formal or semi-formal, but I'd like something more, for lack of a better word, business-like.

I found a two-piece dress today which I really like, even though the color is dark blue. Were it pink/light blue/cream/ivory/anything lighter, I'd own it, but I passed, for now.

I wonder...if I remove a couple of items from my wardrobe which I rarely wear, anyway, if that would allow me, in her eyes, to replace them with a single item?

Just thinking out loud, thanks, y'all.

I may gently bring it up, later, and see what she says, but I'm concerned she'll be annoyed I'm still shopping.

Hmmmm...

A large part of me does NOT want to rock the boat, as she's not been the slightest bit upset about me dressing almost daily, but I really like this outfit.

Reality Check
    I don't know your wife so I can't say what she would be agreeable to. My guess is that you will be better off to keep what you have for now and not buy any new clothes for a while. Wait until she buys some clothes for herself and then say "Where's mine?"
    Krisi

Excellent advice!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are thinking like a guy so stop that LOLOL
    Let it go and wait until she buys something

Fashion and taste changes all the time. Nothing wrong with mixing it up a bit.

I understand two piece dresses have been all the rage for a while now, but haven't figured out a way to add them to my collection. Maybe someday...

You may lik to have it but be patient and let the wife suggest something to her taste, or wait till she want's something new and go with her then.

Buying a dress now may sour the whole relationship because of a whim.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    You definitely need to expand your wardrobe of dresses. I cannot imagine any woman would only have formal or semi formal dresses. You need a nice assortment of knee length dresses. They could be business or casual, but, you need a better selection. I don't think you'd feel comfortable taking an evening stroll in a formal or semi-formal dress.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kelley, don't u have any say in your partnership? Stuffing who u r will eventually cause u to build up resentment!

That won't make for a happy marriage! Talk it out and come to a compromise now! Before it gets nasty!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You won't be going crazy shopping if you limit yourself to one new dress that isn't so formal. Knee length is perfect for being less formal.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    No need to be selfish and rock the boat. There have been many dresses I would love to have bought, that are still on the shelf. If you value your wife more than your wardrobe, then be patient. There are soooo many pretty dresses out there and so few understanding partners.

What exactly is a "two piece dress"? It's either a dress or it's not a dress.

Are you referring instead to a two-piece outfit with a matching and/or coordinating top and bottom? If so, that actually increases your clothing options as you could likely wear each piece separately, but paired with another item that would go equally well with it.

"It is only clothes." Sounds like there is a relationship issue that needs to be addressed. Maybe she is hinting that you need to participate more in your relationship?

Leslie, In England a two piece dress was something that older women liked to wear and was a fashion item way back, they were simetimes referred to as a twin set and was very often worn with a pearl necklace not so much a fashion item now as far as I know.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Silver Member
    Kelley, do you know WHY she said no more clothes? Too much being spent? Lack of closet space? Etc.. Did you need/ask her permission to buy the clothes you do have?

I think she doesn't want it to "get out of hand".

And, no, I did not ask for permission for what I have.

In fact, just last night, she said, "you need a winter outfit".

Why yes...yes I do!

edit: I think it's lack of closet space, though there are other closets in the house. Initially, I think it was a little overwhelming, how much I had, but she's gotten accustomed to it.

Maid Marion, 'lack of participation' is definitely not it.

Docrobbysherry, we've been married 20+ years, together almost 30, we're not in any danger.

edit: Turns out the skirt was too small for me.
    Last edited by KelleyB; 11-08-2018 at 11:06 PM.