Thread: trying to get back

trying to get back

I have been around for awhile. I started back just reading some posts recently. The big crash took away my time and budget for dressing up. Anyway, I have found my way home and here I am. I had planned to really step up and out with my femme self this year. However, I recently lost my wife of 30 years. I am now a single dad. And I haven't dated since the Reagan years. So I now find myself in a situation where I can go out as Tiffany, date as Tiffany, as well as my male self. When I am ready, nowhere near close right now, I want to find someone who can accept the whole me. My wife did not approve and had developed a don't ask don't tell policy. I don't want to sneak. I would love to hear from any central FL girls on this site who would like to help show me the ropes in the crossdressing scene in Orlando, Tampa, or other place in the region. My world is a little upside down, so I am seeking my new normal.

It is nice to see someone return, do enjoy what you discover this time around.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We are similar in life styles and I did live in the Tampa area. However, I am back in North Carolina now. I am sure plenty of girls like yourself live there. It is just a matter of connection. The best to you.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Maybe you should just enjoy being you for a while instead of being in a relationship.
    I was referring to the dating thing you mentioned.

My sympathy for your loss. That's got to be difficult.

I was/am in a similar situation, dating wise. Mine due to divorce. You'll find that dating is not much like you remember it. If you're anything like me you probably had a very set pattern/lifestyle and thought everyone was about like you. Once you start dating, you'll find that that was a pretty small circle. Relationships are difficult. Big difference between alone and lonely. The difficulty of losing a spouse aside, there's a lot to be said for living alone for the first time in 30 years, especially when you're like us.

I am going to take things slow. I mean, I basically have a new me to define. Thank you for your condolences, Rhonda Jean, It has been a rough month. Just going to keep on looking at the pluses and head up. Dating wont be for awhile

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through.
    Take your time to figure out your flow. Don't rush things.

Sorry for your loss and please take some time for yourself right now before dating. I to loss my wife and started dating to soon after. It didn't work out. And please tell anyone you are going into a relationship about your dressing before you get serious and they understand what it means to you. I told my wife before we got married but she didn't understand and now I have to hide my things and my dressing.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Tiffany, my condolenses on your loss. I did not tell my wife until it became serious and we were going to move in together.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sorry for the loss of your wife. Good luck in redefining yourself.

It has certainly been a redfining time. I cant work ;ate or weekends anymore. More housework to do. Kids to attend to. And then there is me and my alter ego. I really depend om friends and family to fill my gaps, I know ultimately it will all be on me. It can be overwhelming at times. I find lingerie is my great comforter