Thread: For those who don't think that (sinificant) others know

Aspiring Member

For those who don't think that (sinificant) others know

A while back I had a couple of things go awry and I ended up seeing my GP on and off for a few months. It wasn't anything too serious, but I ended up on antibiotics for a while. Well, quite a while as the first course didn't work and so I had to have another stronger course, actually, these stronger ones, made my wee turn bright red which was fun when using a public toilet. Anyway, I digress.

As part of this I ended up losing a bit of weight and so moved down a size or two. This delighted the GP and we were chatting about this and I said that I'd had to get some new clothes but it wasn't a big deal to which she said that she thought that might be a bit more of a problem for me than that, as "I've seen marks."

Nothing more was ever said about it, but it was clear to me that she was talking about underwear marks, marks left by bra straps and similar things. Now, I always had my appointments in the morning and hadn't dressed since the night before, but I do believe it was quite possible that when she was examining me, maybe listening to my breathing from behind, with the stethoscope (as they do), then maybe there had been the odd line, a mark here or there etc, left by my underwear and the like.

And this got me thinking, yes, removing makeup is fine and care has to be taken, but what about these more intangible things? Is it not possible that wives and partners may see these too? Is this not a way that we could be accidentally outed?

By marks, I don't mean such things as tanning that's may have gone wrong, but something completely unintentional and something about which you could be wholly unaware.

You and your GP must have a good relationship for her to feel comfortable enough to mention it in a casual conversation. I think that's pretty cool

My wife and I are totally open about crossdressing, but yes. I believe our loved don't know us as much as they think they might, but know us far, far better than we realize.

Charlotte,

I've been aware if the possibility of bra marks ever since the Sun newspaper bit a piece on how the page 3 models, for those unfamiliar with the Sun page 3 always had a topless girly pic, travelled to the shoot often only wearing a fur coat so as to not have any lines showing.

The thought that they stay visible for so many hours I must admit didn't occur to me. I'm now going to check myself in the mirror next time I have worn a bra to see how long the marks persist.

I suppose it also depends upon how often and for how long you wear one.

Yes the bra marks do become permanent indentations over the years.

No way of removing them easily either.

Just don't get sick or see the doctor for a respiratory complaint. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    I suppose it also depends upon how often and for how long you wear one.
    And how much weight it's carrying Helen!

I am glad that I do not have to worry about all this cloak and dagger stuff, would do my stress levels no good at all. I think a lot of you regular bra wearers and makeup users that are not out to your SO's may well be surprised how much some of them suspect or even know what is going on. Maybe they know all to well but think you want to keep it to yourselves so say nothing?
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 11-07-2018 at 06:06 AM.

I solved that with my GP during my last physical which I went to with painted toenails and wearing panties

But yes, I suppose bra marks do remain for some time and there are probably other tells that I'm also blissfully unaware of.

Charlotte, I'm glad that you're better and lost some weight. At least it seams your GP was jovial making the comment.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Charlotte

My doctor has also made small remarks that makes me think he knows. I go out of my way not to wear bars the day before a visit, now I wonder if that helps or not I wear panties 364 days a year. I do not wear them to doctor visits (I wonder if he can figure it out based on the 30 year old men's underwear that look new lol).

Connie

I'm very aware of the inevitable tell-tale bra-strap marks and now leave a good 3-4 hours for recovery afterwards. I don't dress often enough for anything more permanent. But now you mention it I might just go and check

I've been going to my small-town day spa to get my chest and back waxed once a month or so. Last month I didn't plan ahead very well and am quite sure that the bra marks were still there, despite having taken it off a couple of hours before. She didn't say a thing, and was as friendly and chatty as always. I'm trying to be less self-conscious. I really don't think most folks care. They might giggle about it with their friends, but I like to think they don't think less of us. It's OK to be different!

Silver Member
    Interesting. Depends on if your wife sees you in the nude much. That has been known to change over the course of a marriage. Now what is also interesting is that as you age, the elasticity of your skin typically decreases, increasing the time for marks and indentations to recover. This can also be affected by other health and fitness characteristics. Spotting the marks on your back could be a challenge.

Banned Read only
    Sounds as if you need a bra fitting. Or, maybe you've lost sufficient weight in the torso so the bra is fitting better now. Anyway, I've found any constriction on the skin, whether male or female clothes, will leave some sort of indentation for awhile. I get it daily because I usually wear sweat socks. I see a lot of women who have bras that are way to tight and they look like stuffed sausages. I know some on this site always relate how they like a too snug bra. Indentations are a telltale hazard.

In my youth I use to dabble in my mother's lingerie draw. I did not realize the hazards of indentations yet. I wore one of her open bottom girdles the morning before an afternoon physical for a summer job..To my horror there were indentations from all the panel lines on my butt. I worked like crazy to rub off the lines by kneading my skin. I probably did not succeed. The male doctor did not say anything. I did not get the job.

Frankly, wives are not unobservant. You have to realize you're going to have the same issues as they do; makeup removal, bra lines, tan lines.

Banned Read only
    After wearing a bra for years I have developed a permanent "bra crease", just like you see on GG's.

Even when I have not worn a bra for several days, you can still see the crease from my bra band around my torso and the slight indentations on my shoulders from the straps.

Maybe that's what she saw.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Perhaps you are wearing a bra that is too small or you don't drink enough water.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelish View Post
    I'm very aware of the inevitable tell-tale bra-strap marks and now leave a good 3-4 hours for recovery afterwards. I don't dress often enough for anything more permanent.
    This is what I do.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

If you wear a bra a lot, you will get little groves in the top of your shoulder from the straps, all GG have them. You will get them also, they don't go away quickly. Doctors will notice this, as a regular male does not have them. Marshalynn

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Ah bra strap marks, a good way for teen transvestite to get busted in the Summer

You will get bra marks no matter what type of bra you wear if doing it every day. I try different bras every day with different straps and still get marks. If I will be going some place wear I will have shirt off I won't wear a bra for over a week.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    For what it's worth sock marks last about 3 hours on me. I always think about that if I know I'm going to be bare legged later in the day.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yeah I've those tell tale bra marks.No sweat for me as theres not exactly much opportunity to go shirtless here.

Genifer sock marks are a problem for me too,nothing takes away from the look of nice legs than those marks

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yet another reason to wear a breast plate!

Add to, "no marks": seconds on or off, and incredible cleavage!

36462.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Playboy used to tell their women not to wear a bra for at least 24 hours before the photo shoot and only wear a robe the day of.