Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You really know you've been crossdressing for a long time when you.......

When you're cleaning out a deceased relative's house, find a Sears catalogue from 1968, pick it up and go straight to the girl's clothing section to reminisce about what you would have bought back then, if you thought you could get away with it. Yep, that happened three years ago.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Having had a frustrating day and you dress nicely, have a lovely evening meal and during the meal you wonder why the wine does not pour out of the bottle and when you look the cork is still in the bottle! this happened to me this evening!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    When your in Costco and your wife is grabbing the size "D" pantyhose and you scream across from the men's section "No I wear size "C".
    I did not know Costco sells pantyhose. I'll have to check it out next time I'm buying 500 rolls of toilet paper.

To answer the question. When you have 162 dresses and are still buying more.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The Costco's in Canada sell pantyhose, but only to size D.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

When you have more female outfits than male outfits and the jewelry to go along with the outfits

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Still have a handful of clothing that is more than 3 decades old.... and still could be considered fashionable. In a sexy way, at least!?

Cannot admit that all the old "duds" still fit!

uhhhhhh you have been crossdressing a long time when your computer only has pop up ads for bra's or wigs.............. not that I would know that.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

If your first fashion inspirations were Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn.

- Diane

When packing to go on holiday, your wife asks if you will need an extra case for Rachel, when in fact Ray's stuff will all fit in the side pocket.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Aspiring Member
    ...when you have things which were in fashion, which went out of fashion, then came back in fashion, but you have to buy the new ones because the originals no longer fit.

(Did someone recently ask a question about hoarding?)

... it feels really strange to NOT be wearing a belly ring
    ... when looking at houses, my wife says, ooooh, a walkin closet for your "other wardrobe."
    ... stop being self consious browsing the womens clothes section.
    ... my wife asks, "which shoes look better with this outfit."

When you look at a nicely dressed woman knowing she shops at Bloomingdales by the dress and heels she is wearing because you like the designers. Not to mention you know the designers by name.

...look in the mirror in male mode and can't quite figure out why nothing looks right.

While dressed in drab, you tend to sit down on the john even it is only to urinate.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    While dressed in drab, you tend to sit down on the john even it is only to urinate.
    I now do it as a matter of course as well. It's easier to clean the bathroom, too! : )
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

Well I don't full dress but I do wear female pajamas and the buttons are backwards. The first time I wore button up shirt it felt funny because I was was use to the buttons on my pajamas.

Aspiring Member
    I've been sitting down to pee for at least twenty years. Prostate issue, but also it is rather uncomfortable to read a good book while standing.

Ineke

A good percentage of your E-Mails are for women's shoes, dresses, etc

...when you hear someone calling out your fem name and you turn around even though you are in drab.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    I've been sitting down to pee for at least twenty years. Prostate issue, but also it is rather uncomfortable to read a good book while standing.

Ineke
    That must be a very long pee or a very short book!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

when you can get your bra off faster than your wife can.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    ...when you hear someone calling out your fem name and you turn around even though you are in drab.
    ... And, you wonder if it's someone from this site!
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

which forms fit which bra perfectly
    Your female measurements
    Tuck in seconds
    Walk right by your step brother in the store in drag....
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

...can fasten your bra directly at the rear, and then use two mirrors to see how visible the straps are through your top!

when you're getting ready to go out in boy mode with your wife and see her putting her makeup on, and think , "Oh no. I forgot to put my makeup on and that will take at least half an hour to do it right."

When you can answer, "Me too" to 50% of these responses.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.