Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knowing to much

Knowing to much

Today in the lunch room one female co-worker came in and showed another female co-worker a pair of shoes she just bought. They were high heels and they had a zipper at the back, and me with my big mouth told her to be careful when she puts her foot in because your pantyhose might snagged on the zipper. They both looked at me and asked me if I knew that by experience or am I just speculating.
    Ahhhh !!! I said, I heard my wife complaining about that. I don't know, they didn't look to convinced but I didn't care I like talking to them about fashion. Sometimes I believe we know more then we think about women's things. Did this ever happen to you a slip of the mouth and don't realize it.

Sure is a great tip, keep your trap shut when you feel like giving advice.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Quick thinking Maria!

Fran

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Thankfully that's never happened,in fact I'm lucky that there's a cpl girls in work that im close with and love nothing more than talking about girly things with me.fashion ,shopping etc

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have opened my mouth many times and agree with whatever comment comes out, other times I just say I have a physics degree and I just know these things.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I would NEVER give a woman dressing advice unsolicited!

It would be like me advising Einstein about nuclear physics!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Maria,

I think this is revealing of a secret desire to come out to the world; to scream it..... or at least hint it. Don't feel bad. I think many CD/TG and those who live lifestyles that may require a form of "coming out, have that tendency to drop hints. It's like trolling for a sympathetic ear.

Great story from the tales of everyday life. You saved her hosiery.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree with Ilene because I know I went thru that with the women at work.
    Did they figure me out ? I have no idea

It's like two sides of a fence.
    On the one side you are in the closet and this is your view.
    Then on the other side you are out, full time. Here the view is much different.
    I'm not saying that any view is better than the other, just pointing out that they are very different.

For me it's not a thing with my coworkers but with the customers I have to watch it. Like the time this sixtyish lady is complaining to me about how many purses her 80ish mother has. I don't remember what I said , I do remember thinking good for her.

I thought it was good advice and let them speculate. I bet they both found it titillating later on. To answer your question, only other time I was too engage in heels with a secretary. lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I work in a field with almost female only. Many times I have to bite my tounge knowing more about girly stuff then them.

I do find myself slipping sometimes, Cute shoes, nice hair style, my worse is red carpet Award shows. When I get a funny look I say two daughters, four granddaughters, and of course one wife. in 41 years of marriage you learn things lol.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Where I work it is mostly female staff. I have made so many comments on how their hair is, what jewellery they are wearing, their clothes ect that they just take it as normal. Even so I still have to be careful not to take it too far.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I would NEVER give a woman dressing advice unsolicited!
    Women do it to each other all the time. Over the years, I've steered several women to a particular coworker that I knew keeps clear nail polish in her locker for emergency stocking repair.

As far as drawing attention to yourself by knowing the problems that women think only THEY understand, I've been in that very situation, and was instantly questioned by the two ladies as to just exactly how I knew anything about it. My reply was that I had many girlfriends over the years, and knew a lot of things about women and their problems (and then asked if they would also like some advice on their feminine hygiene products, since I had been in the medical field for a long time and was around when Toxic Shock Syndrome was a problem due to such products). It shut that discussion down real quick!
    Should the question arise, I would simply tell them that in our profession, we learn to be acute observers of other people's behavior, and should be willing to offer advice whenever it seems needed.
    I'm not sure how you could use that to describe your own life, but most jobs require intelligent observation and problem solving, so take that for what it's worth.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I recall many times having conversations with female coworkers and the conversation drifted into the female knowledge area. I am known for being a sort of know it all, but in the back of my mind I was constantly making decisions on how much I say in order not to tip my hand. Many times I knew the answer or could offer a solution and I had to bite my tongue. Very hard for a know it all. :-)

Aspiring Member
    Back in the mid 90s when "Pride and Prejudice" was all the rage over here there was a group of girls have a discussion about the costumes, but they couldn't agree. I wasn't technically part of the debate, but, and I'm sure only to be helpful, I piped up "Oh, the dresses, they're Empire Line".

See: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/10...8f33cfc67f.jpg for what I mean and the delightful Jennifer Ehle and her kittenish grin. Actually many in the Jane Austen Society weren't too happy with the production as they thought it accentuated the sisters' busts too much. Me, I wouldn't have minded being a Bennett sister

I suppose at the end of the day, that's one of the things that makes us cross dressers - we'd (well I would) rather be Miss Elizabeth Bennett than Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy - all those dresses, all those dances and balls, all that dressing up!!

My question is why you felt the need to mansplain women’s foorwear to two women? Did you think they’d never had shoes with zippers before? Or perhaps you just assumed they had never worn hose? This is probably more why they were giving you looks than anything.

Best bet, don’t advise unless asked. Just like joining a conversation between strangers

Pretty in Pink

Good comeback but I agree with others unless you are asked be quiet.

I have to think twice when to open my mouth. Some people know some don't.

Easily done but I have so far managed to hold my tongue when my wife and daughter discuss such things.

Charlotte, thanks for the reminder. I might just have to dig out the DVD

A woman I work with was complaining that her legs were covered with red spots. She and I joked that she must be dying of rocky mountain spotted fever. She was concerned, though, that she might have a skin rash. Since she was wearing capris, a quick glance revealed that all of her red spots seemed to be on hair follicles. I told her that she's probably just over shaving and lay off shaving her legs for a few days.

She didn't bat an eye, didn't outwardly show any signs of 'how would you know that as a guy?' She was just grateful for the advice and grateful that it wasn't some mystery rash or rocky mountain spotted fever lol

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelish View Post
    Charlotte, thanks for the reminder. I might just have to dig out the DVD

Rachel, you're welcome and enjoy. It's a regular binge watch in this house. We went to Lyme Park (aka Pemberley) a couple of years back and it was a treat walking in the footsteps of Elizabeth Bennett et al. There were some members from the Jane Austen Society paying a (costumed) visit at the same time too. Yes, a fondly remembered day out.

Reality Check
    My wife is more apt to slip than me. Too many times we've gone to the store to return something and she has told the clerk "We need to return this." It would be fine if it was a toaster but it's embarrassing when it's a skirt or a dress.

I don't think I've ever gotten into a fashion or makeup discussion with a woman other than my wife.
    Krisi

My wife had to take a break from Midsomer Mysteries and she broke out the Jane Austin dvd's.
    Most of the outfits were nice but some looked like drapes that I commented on and she just laughed.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.