Thread: Full time job, part time housewife

Full time job, part time housewife

Just dreaming of a Thursday morning.

Dishes done, kitchen SOMEWHAT presentable, lunch made for herself to take to work. I'll shower, get into my man costume, wake up herself with coffee, then off to my full time gig.

Oh, how I would love to stay home and attend to my 'housewifing' full time. I'd really be able to get this house in shape and herself wouldn't have to attend to any chores. (we both work regular jobs, so we split most of the housework).

The days of single income families are long gone for most of us, I fear. But a girl can dream

Last time I was unemployed … well over ten years ago … I applied for "Idle Rich" but they weren't hiring. Right now I'd sure settle for "stay-at-home" domesticity.

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    I don't know what line of work you are in, but you might consider a job with the option of working from home on some days, might be a more obtainable goal than independently wealthy.

Enjoy your day, Macy, sounds like you're at least off on the right foot this morning!

I Say go out, earn the extra money so as you can dabble in your favourite past time. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Wife and I have talked about this. If we could afford it I would 100% be cool with being the domestic and her being the breadwinner.

Platinum Member
    Macey, I read a previous thread where you indicated your wife embraces your cross dressing. Lucky girl. Mine? She has no interest in it. Sigh! I am retired and my wife works full days when she wants to work. When she is off to work Stephanie comes out of her shell and takes on all the domestic chores. As a child of the 1950's and 1960's it is 100% dresses and heels. I suppose June Cleaver is my role model. I would love to share this side of me, but, it is not going to happen. However, tomorrow and one day next week she'll be doing her gigs, and, Stephanie will be doing the laundry, baking, vacuuming and other necessary domestic chores. I envy you.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My wife admits I am better at running the house than she is, though she is better at sorting the finances. She works almost full time and I do part time, so I spend more time at home than she does. I quite enjoy the cooking, cleaning, tidying routine, especially when dressed.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I think 'housewifing' would soon become a drag (no pun intended) without all the rest of the associated activities that usually go along with it. Cleaning, cooking, dusting, laundry, is kind of fun when done in girl clothes and it's an option. When it becomes something that you always have to do every single day, it's no longer recreation. It becomes a job.
    We get to enjoy getting dressed, feeling pretty, putting on jewelry, make up, and fixing our hair.
    Ask any woman if she likes getting up an hour early every day to get herself as my wife used to say, 'presentable' by doing all the beauty things necessary to look appropriate for a woman. Make up, hair styling, etc., aren't an option for them.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Retirement is fun, I m able to be a full time house maid every time the pink fog kiks in. Love to do all the chores and get more energy when dress accordingly.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I HATE house work! It's like a root canal.

And, for the life of me? I can't figure out how changing my clothes, like putting on a maid's outfit, would make it "fun"!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like to do chores dressed up, mostly because heels are more fun to be in when standing up and moving around

Hell-o Macey,
    I’m with ya on this. Although I wouldn’t require
    myself to be full time, that would actually take the CD
    out of the CDer!
    I’m currently in the same boat a Diane, but recently
    it seems as my SO has had about enough of the
    “bread winning”, and would love to have the housewife
    roll herself.
    Maybe we could arm wrestle to see who gets the job!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I HATE house work! It's like a root canal.

And, for the life of me? I can't figure out how changing my clothes, like putting on a maid's outfit, would make it "fun"!?
    I'm with you on hating house work. If I did not have a dish washer It would be paper plates for me and I hate paper plates. And for the rest of the chores they get done when I can't stand the layers of dust. And since I wear my skirts and dresses all of the time changing clothes wouldn't help at all.

Fran

I hate housework! I do most of it (my wife has health issues and little spare energy) but when I do it I wear what most women wear when they do housework: Crappy clothes, LOL!

Having said that, I still enjoy ‘The housewife fantasy’, and love being dressed while being domestic, but generally it’s in the kitchen when I’m baking.

Michelle

Wonderful replies, ladies! Great read to come home to!

Stephanie47, I'm on your side! Though I really only get to attend to the serious chores on Saturday, rest of the week it's 'catch as catch can'.

Sometimes_miss, your point is well taken and of course chores are a pain, but I'm up foolishly early as it is, doing the dishes every morning, making lunch for herself on her work days, few other things some mornings like decluttering, trash out, etc. Home from work to cook dinner a few nights a week, and the heavier chores on Saturday. Sure, it's work, but I take a kind of pride in it and just wish I had more time to do it properly!

I am not normally 'dolled up' when doing the heavy chores, cleaning the bathroom in heels just makes a tough job tougher! I have more reasonable house dresses and/or blouses for that! "dolled up" time is for when chores are done and dinner started so I can be pretty for when herself gets home

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    And, for the life of me? I can't figure out how changing my clothes, like putting on a maid's outfit, would make it fun
    It's not that it makes it fun. It's that it just makes it more tolerable.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I was raised in the late 50's through the 60's by a Mum who was a feminist, so I learned to do my share of the work in the house. Today, my wife and I share the work load, which doesn't bother me at all. I must admit, I'm like Stephanie47, I like to do the June Cleaver thing and do house work in a skirt. My wife admits that I do a better job cleaning than she does. I have seen modern hotel maid dresses that I have thought that I would like to buy, but they are expense for a frivolous desire.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I do wake up before my wife and get her coffee on. but I am not dolled up either, find her tablet, glasses and bring her coffee, feed the cats and a few minutes before she leaves for work I go out and warm up her car so it nice and comfy for her.
    don't know what to think if I gave her coffee all dressed up as we are in a dadt type.
    I am dressed after she leaves for work, except on the days I watch our grandson. then I am dressed with out the hair (freaks him out) lol I also meet her for lunch so into my drab clothes for a little but then back dressed again. I do make sure she has a hot meal ready when she walks through the door or close to it being ready.
    I have been thinking for a while now on just staying dressed when she gets home from work but I bet that would not go over very good. lol
    guess I am going to bring up the conversation again and see what happens.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

I have full charge of the cooking, cleaning, housework and shopping. All done in skirts and tops with appropriate bra and panties, etc.
    I would love to have a maid's uniform but my wife is not a "make believe " person
    At this stage in my life the only change I would like ìs for my wife to be mobile again.

Kiwi Primrose, I wish your wife were mobile again as well! Sounds like she married a good woman, though. You sound like you approach the business of living with love and tenderness. Something I strive for in myself with some degree of success, I hope!

Leann, I hope you are able to follow your heart's desire and have a good conversation with your wife, you're a treasure!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Gillian Gigs, if not a maid's dress, perhaps a nice house dress? I love the one's I have

Count me in as another June Cleaver. Wife and I are both retired and she's fine with me being dressed as I please inside our home. We share household chores so I've learned the drawbacks of being dressed like June while doing some of them, as well as having a little fun while doing the less physical ones. I find it enjoyable to help my wife with laundry, prepare a meal, or just spend time with her while dressed.

Karen

Just now I'm the disheveled housewife! Old girly jeans, old blouse, lack of sleep, grocery shopping done, shrimp marinating for dinner, bedroom vacuumed, kitchen straightened, off on a quick errand or two, then deep cleaning the bathroom. HOPING to get a nap in before dolling up "June Cleaver" style for when herself gets home from work hopefully by then I won't be overwhelmed, I'll just be down to regular whelmed and looking more heveled :P

I offer to do the chores all the time.
    The running joke is that I must contact the Maid's Union as I still have not been given a proper uniform for the job.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have a cute black top with a white peter pan collar and a black A-line skirt. If I'm feeling "maid"-up, it works in a pinch

I can relate to this thread, because that's how I got started with actual dressing.

My wife and I have had some discussions (a couple years ago) about my wearing panties. She made it very clear that anything feminine about her husband was a complete and total turn off.

I retired in January after being let go from my last job. She still works, so I have much more time, and, when she complained about the housework, it seemed fair that I take over at least some of it. A few weeks ago, I got the crazy idea that, if I'm going to be doing "women's work", then I should be able to dress like woman while I'm doing it (at least when she's not around). And so I've flipped a switch. But there will be hell to pay if she comes home earlier than expected and finds me in that state.

Darci, I do hope she comes around on the idea eventually! Welcome to the group