Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossing your legs

I don't know how much of this is social conditioning for me, but as a guy I don't cross my legs, I just put my ankle on a knee. However, when I wear skirts or dresses I just can't imagine doing that, so I cross legs just because no one would be interested to see what is "under the hood" if I were out.

Crossing my legs just feels natural when I’m all dressed up. They don’t fully cross like they used to because I’m thicker than I used to be in my girlish days. I also sit with knees touching.

I sit with my legs crossed at the knee about 90% of the time I'm sat down. I just find it comfortable.

It's not unusual for guys to sit like that where I live, so it doesn't "out" me or anything

Yeah I always sit with my legs crossed when dressed. But, because of increased dressing time, I find myself sitting with my legs crossed more often than not, especially at work where I work as a nurse.

I’m not sure how many of you are aware, but proper etiquette for women says women should avoid crossing their legs at all, especially when wearing a skirt or dress. If you HAVE to cross your legs, you cross them at the ankle. But otherwise the proper way to sit as a lady is knees and ankles together but NOT crossed. Watch Kate Middleton. You’ll see she NEVER crosses her legs.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe! View Post
    Yeah I always sit with my legs crossed when dressed. But, because of increased dressing time, I find myself sitting with my legs crossed more often than not, especially at work where I work as a nurse.
    I was a medic. When does a nurse on duty get a chance to sit? grin.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I think it is the way boys grow up. I have been trying to cross my legs for while, It is uncomfortable to me. I had knee surgery three years ago and the Doctor told me that I was very tight in my joints, I said I was a man and the doctor said I was tight for a man.
    I would like to take a stretching class, to help me in all areas of my life, and hopefully I will then be able to cross my legs in Lady like fashion.

I do Bikram yoga. It's great for to toning and limbering up the body and I have seen people in their 90's doing it.

I cross my knees occasionally with the traditional one knee over the other pose, and switch legs as dictated by comfort. Sometimes, I ever practice the pose in drab.

However, my most frequent femme leg crossing pose is the one where one keeps one's knees together and legs are crossed at the heels.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I work in surgery, so lots of sitting during big long cases. Pretty boring actually!

I cross my legs female style in man or girl mode and have for the last who knows how many years. It has just become natural for me.

My wife and myself are good friends with my ex and socialize quit often. When the two go out together I wonder what they talk about. LOL. I have been married to my second wife for 28 years and the first for 23. We three were out to lunch the other day and my wife went to the restroom. As soon as she left my ex started pumping me for information, she does not know I crossdresser. She says Sidney there's something different about you. I say, what? She says like the way you cross your legs, longer fingernails and just some mannerisms you have developed. My answer, there's a reason why your my ex. Her response, Oh. Maybe she does know? Well it started with crossed legs.

ladydreamingdanish
    Being an older person when started cross dressing and was natural to keep legs apart, I found that keeping legs together is a habit to be formed consciously or will appear as a loose woman who is looking for sex. I am not easy able to cross my legs due to the fact that I have thick thighs and crossing is just plain uncomfortable. But I am working on my thigh thickness and hopefully after months of exercise I will be able to cross them no issues.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    It comes quite naturally to me. My problem is remembering not to sit femininely when not dressed

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Occasional CD Alexandra Collins's Avatar
    As crossdressers, so much of what we do is about how it looks, and I think the most important thing about crossing your legs is that it looks good, at least if you're wearing a skirt or dress.

It makes a big difference to how feminine you feel when you keep legs together e.g when out say standing at a bus stop.