Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossing your legs

I cross mine from time to time and it has gotten easier the more do it and yes it was uncomfortable at first. I think it is easier for women because they don't have the equipment we do. I do find my leg goes to sleep if I do it for awhile and have to let my legs rest some time.

Its definitely in the hips...women have different structure and I think thats why they can "tuck one leg behind the other" where many of us can't even bring the calves close together, no matter how much we try. Its no different than when we walk...with our feet apart where women tend to almost step one foot in front of the other, which gives them that hip sway too

I almost always sit with my legs crossed at the knee, feminine style. I've always done it that way and don't actually feel very comfortable when I have to sit with both feet flat on the floor.

- Diane

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Too much meat on my thighs to cross them lady style over the knee. I wish I could still do that tho'
    Tried leaning over to see if I could actually do it I did manage to get one leg over top but it wouldn't stay and slipped right off.
    I have no problem crossing them at the ankle sitting or when putting my feet up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-11-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Some of the more homophobic men find crossing legs (for men) at the knee effeminate (gay). Crossing ankle over knee is more manly. Hardly ever see a woman cross her legs like that.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I cross my legs all the time, no matter what I am wearing. Never ever nobody told me anything about than in male mode. My legs are quite skinny, and the position does not produve disconfort, on the contrary it is usually more confortable than not having them crossded

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    No issues here. I feel that if you're going to wear a skirt in public at the very least you need to keep your knees together. What you do at home, that's your business.

Reality Check
    Females have been taught from an early age to cross their legs to hide their crotch. Boys, on the other hand, have learned that it is "macho" to sit with their legs apart.

Now, most of us are men trying to look and act like ladies so we have to think about how we sit. The danger is in letting sitting like a woman become our normal way of sitting. Someone's going to notice and comment. Then what?
    Krisi

Banned Spammer
    I see a lot of older men cross theirs at the knee and no one says anything.
    If you wear a dress just be mindful how you cross or hold your legs seems like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Females have been taught from an early age to cross their legs to hide their crotch. Boys, on the other hand, have learned that it is "macho" to sit with their legs apart.

Now, most of us are men trying to look and act like ladies so we have to think about how we sit. The danger is in letting sitting like a woman become our normal way of sitting. Someone's going to notice and comment. Then what?
    Simple answer, you are just trying to avoid getting ticketed for man-spreading, which in some places illegal, NY Metro for instance.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

In fem mode i definitely cross my legs. In fact, I often double cross them. I know that the "double cross" is difficult/impossible for most men and many women but I seem to have the flexibility and it looks quite "lady like"!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Too much meat on my thighs to cross them lady style over the knee. I wish I could still do that tho'
    Tried leaning over to see if I could actually do it which I did but my leg slipped right off.
    I have no problem crossing them at the ankle sitting or when putting my feet up.
    I am in the same boat as you Traci. I always do the ankle cross all the time. I have the same trouble of keeping the knees together. Even when I am sleeping flat on my back my ankles are crossed and my hands are joined in the middle of my chest near the bottom of the rib cage.. I have even put it in my while I am to be buried with my boots on and my ankles crossed right over left. (I'm a south paw). and in my death pose my antique Turkish sword is to be in my hands crusader style.
    After the viewing the sword is to be removed and given to my son or grandson.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 11-09-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Uh, guys have external "stuff" down there. Most of us kinda need to make a bit of physical room... You know, so we don't develop medical issues, and so we can have somewhat healthy sperm in order to perpetuate the human race.

Please don't buy into this whole "man-spreading is bad!" garbage. Because that's exactly what it is. (And frankly, it's also sexist. Anything with a preceding "man-" buzzword is.)

And as someone else already mentioned, an adult-GG's pelvis is built wider & differently, from a structural point of view... You know, so they can squeeze out kids. Kinda intentionally designed that way.

Not rocket science, here.

Banned Spammer
    All the anti man bashing going on these days is sexist and I agree.
    You can't regulate physiology or anatomy but the activists love to try and would love to pass laws pertaining to men and not women. Rant over.
    Any man on this planet has man spread (ewww I hate that term) more times than Carters got liver pills.(you millennials may need to google that)
    Don't women sit the same way sometimes if they are wearing pants? Sure they do.

I think its a physiology issue. Women's skeletal structure has wider hips (to accommodate childbirth?), and since they have no boys to get in the way, it is much easier for them to maintain modesty and cross their legs at the knees. I love to wear tight pencil skirts which help me keep my knees together as I walk - and especially when driving. It really helps me to feel much more feminine! Also I am in chastity cage most of the time, so leg crossing is particularly difficult for me.

I hate trying to cross my legs like my ever so sweet sisters do! Now I think I understand why I cannot! Oh, another hurdle to overcome!
    Roxanne Lanyon

"Being feminine is like adding sugar and cream to coffee!"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Not only is a woman's pelvis wider than a man's, but the angle of the femoral neck is more acute causing a more oblique slant to a woman's thighs, so women's legs tend to point more toward their centerline rather than straight down. This makes sitting with one's legs crossed more comfortable for women than for man - in fact it makes it more possible, a woman can place one thigh over the other at a more restful angle than a man. I find sitting with my legs crossed something that requires practice, but it's never entirely comfortable.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    When I was younger I could not cross my legs over the knee because my calves were too muscular from being in Track and working as a caddy walking with heavy golf bags hanging on my shoulders. Then I got older and heavier which continued my issue. Then last year I finally decided that I needed to take control of my health, weight and even my body image. I lost 20 pounds but because of my age I lost it differently than I had in my youth. I lost it in my waist, and legs. My thighs got much thinner and my calves, although still bigger than I would like, also lost some mass. Now I can easily cross my legs over the knee in a feminine manner. As for the boys getting in the way, I always tuck in drab or glam so they never get in the way.

Crossing my legs or holding them tightly together in a skirt or dress just sounds sensible and normal behaviour. Even in male mode, I often cross them or hold them together like women. I guess it became a habit. Sometimes I get a remark from friends because of that. They don't know about my crossdressing.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I think women keep their legs together when sitting, especially when wearing a skirt and the shorter the skirt the more they pay attention to this. When wearing a longer skirt that is below knee they sometimes allow their legs to open enough that their thighs are parallel. Crossing the lower leg is a way to sit "modestly" I think. And they think the same about crossing the upper leg or thigh. Some especially in short skirts show a lot of thigh on the under side when they cross their upper leg though. I don't think some realize this. When I wear a short skirt I am aware of all this and even though I only dress at home I find myself adjust my skirt and position for proper modesty. Sherrii

I actually like standing with legs crossed and elbows close to body, it can produce a more hourglass figure that way.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea2656 View Post
    In fem mode i definitely cross my legs. In fact, I often double cross them. I know that the "double cross" is difficult/impossible for most men and many women but I seem to have the flexibility and it looks quite "lady like"!
    "double cross", is that thigh over knee and foot/shin behind calf/ankle? I can manage that, but it is not too comfortable on my shin and ankle of the leg that is crossed.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Banned Spammer
    Double crossed legs even when I see women do that it looks kind of painful.

At school, boys were teased if they sat with their legs crossed. I reckon today about 20% of men have their legs crossed in any given room full of people. I don't like it when guys manspread, often taking over 1.5 seats. When I am in dressed enfemme I always have my legs crossed or my knees together. When I am in drab i sit naturally with my legs together. I found sitting cross legged takes some practice before it becomes comfortable, I can sit for hours now.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

As I sit writing this I'm tucked, in a skirt, bare legged, no shoes and with legs crossed.

I've sat with legs crossed so often it has become second nature. True I need to swap legs after a while but it's not as if it's every two minutes. Fifteen to twenty I would guess if more the norm.

I must admit that I enjoy the feeling of smooth hairless leg sliding over smooth hairless leg as I first cross.

What I do find more difficult is crossing when in heels, especially if sitting on a low chair. Then I find I need to twist the supporting leg at the knee so the lower part is off to one side. If I try to place the supporting leg straight in front of me then it's uncomfortable both on the ankle and the hip of the suppoted leg. I guess my anatomy only allows so much flexibility.