Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures?

Banned Read only

Pictures?

Ever posted pics here, anywhere at this site?

Ever checked your attachments and been surprised?

If I am not mistaken, anyone on the planet can view this particular Forum - MtF CDers - and download any pic posted here?

But ONLY members can view and or download pics in the P & V gallery? Presumably, making it safer. (?)

Anyone else been surprised at which pics get downloaded at either Forum and noticed the difference between the 2?

Is the difference simply that here @ MtF CDers, the ratio of g/m viewing is usually at LEAST 10/1 and often far higher but 100% members at the P & V gallery?

Is it possible that a good portion of those "guests" are simply members that have not signed in for whatever reason?

Is not knowing what pics might be popular, a plus maybe?

A possible incentive for some members to spread their wings a bit and try some new items or looks?

Hi

I don't know why you ask the question on about 100% of members in the gallery viewing pics.

It just means all those viewing pics are members which you would expect as guests cant see them.

It does not mean every member has viewed the pictures.

I would not want to know which pictures are popular, as this is not a popularity contest nor will it ever be.

This is a support forum
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    We all know there are forum guidelines so explicit pictures aren't going to appear anyway .

The initial fear is not the outside World seeing your pictures but hoping no one close will wander onto this site and see your pics . OK the Gallery section is closed to visitors but avatars are open to all and some choose to use the open section to post a few pictures .

We shouldn't be surprised because we know we are taking certain risks , it is the internet and there are no guarantees where the pictures could be used we take that chance .
    We all know what pictures are popular , I sometimes wonder why some members get into a lather over seeing other CDers wearing certain items , I guess it's all a bit of fun and most of us have been there .

The one section I would like to see more pictures is the TS section , it would be great for some of those who have transitioned to show us how life is shaping up for them , how they moved on after the dust has settled .

Banned Read only
    People do have to sign in to view the gallery.

People do have to sign in to post responses.

Maybe some of the many "guests" are members who mostly lurk but seldom post? No need to sign in then unless they want to view P&V Gallery.

Or am I not understanding correctly?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-29-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: comment removed

Yes you are correct some of the guests may be members who have not signed in.

Its not much of an advantage unless you only want to check a few threads.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-29-2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: correction
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I like the way it's set up. It's better to have photos just for members, so that someone looking for just photos doesn't linger just for that. I know there isn't really any privacy on the internet, but it does seem more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    The one section I would like to see more pictures is the TS section , it would be great for some of those who have transitioned to show us how life is shaping up for them , how they moved on after the dust has settled .
    Teresa,
    I understand what you're saying here, but I don't think you're going to see this happen. Remember I'm only speaking for myself and not anyone else. The reason I'm saying this is for me, and I'm guessing most of the others that would be posting in the TS section, is that it's not about the clothes, or do I look pretty, or do I pass, it's about the journey of becoming who I/we are. Unless there is some specific reason for me to post a picture to illustrate a point, or I'm trying to share something special I'm not worried about posting a picture. Don't take what I'm going to say next as putting you or anyone else down because it's not meant that way. You need to remember that this is my/our daily life and we're not "playing dress up" when we feel like it so there is less of a reason to post pictures.

Just my $.02 so take my comments for what they're worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    If I am not mistaken, anyone on the planet can view this particular Forum - MtF CDers - and download any pic posted here?
    That is not my experience. If I am not logged in I can read the text in the 'Male to Female Crossdressers' section but I cannot view or download the photos posted. Avatars can be seen, but posted photos, no.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 09-29-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Banned Read only
    If somebody is overly concerned about privacy perhaps it would be wise to post no pictures at all. I used "Google Images" and input crossdressers.com. Up came many images of crossdressers with attribution of the source of the pictures. Some of the pictures are attributable to this site, and, some of the ladies on this site are definitely identifiable. And, some of the ladies' photos obviously were posted on another site. Maybe plucked from here and posted to another site? I have seen on Youtune a disclaimer that the photos were harvested from public sites. Yes, you can see the avatars, but, also pictures posted in this section. However, there is really nothing to stop a member from harvesting and posting pictures shown in other sections of this site.

I often don’t bother to log in and therefor look like a guest when I only want to check any new threads. As a guest I can read the MTF section but not view any images nor can I see any specifics about an individual member. I don’t leave anything logged in as ours is a communal computer.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm flattered when someone posts my pics on FB! I check to be sure the pics r credited to me, tho.
    I'm only aware of one case when they used my photos as their FB photos! A FB friend PMed me about it. I reported it to FB and their Page was closed the next day.

I'm not aware of anyone taking my photos from here. But, if they do? This site only allows shrunken photos to be posted. So, they r not good quality if someone tries to enlarge them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Paula,
    Yes I fully understand that reasoning . I don't expect posturing but as I know several TSs I understand some of the ongoing problems some are still having over making the right presentation which I know remains a problem for some . In fact shopping for outfits for some doesn't become any easier, it's in that context I wrote that comment . I'm sure even after transition you like to think you look the total woman you hoped for , some may still need guidance because they have very few to help them along .

I personally have found everyday the hardest aspect to deal with , not knowing how much is too much and what does the average woman wear to do her everyday jobs . Accepting the inevitable of wearing jeans and trousers , and either gentler heels or wedges and dressing to sensibly to deal with the weather conditions .

Personally have no problem posting my "no-glam" photos here. But then- I Never post "facial shots" for security reasons. Same reason Toni does not have a FB page. Or flikr or anyplace else. In my case -- IF I go back to work--subject to security-clearance investigations that include net activities. (prior security-clearance holder= worked in the defence industry). So I don't post recognizeable shots here. Just to be careful. Toni G..

Banned Read only
    Well this is the internet and despite the precautions this board takes.

If you do not want anyone to ever see you dressed don't post pictures of your self dressed on the internet, including these forums.

There is nothing that stops anyone from becoming a member, gleaning all the pictures from the pictures forum and starting a website like this.

I just assume once you post a piccie anywhere on the net or make comments, anyone can do what they like with it.

Just because some users are mischievous means you have to be cautious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its not dress up for me either so I get Paula's point.

Banned Read only
    I hope folks realize that one need not have to DOWNLOAD any image off any Internet sight. IF it is displayed at a "good enough" resolution online, anyone with a "good enough" camera can simply take a pic of the image.

Reality Check
    It's true that you have to be a member to look at photos (other than avatars). Another truth that hasn't been mentioned is, a lot of people are lazy enough to walk away from their computers with websites or programs running. Anyone can walk by, sit down, and view the pictures or even post as that person. There are others who write their user IDs and passwords down and leave them lying around for others to see. I remember a person who had her user ID and password on a yellow sticky note stuck to her computer monitor.

That said, most of us who care will be "dolled up" to the point where we wouldn't be recognized.
    Krisi

just referring to avatars after a previous thread a while ago now I did a google about avatars I was shocked! I saw the avatars of a huge number of members here including myself, how did someone get hold of our avatars and how were Google able to put them up on the web? makes me wonder.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Reality Check
    They are already on the web. Google just found them.
    Krisi

But how?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

A lot of things from this forum come up on Google search. Thread topics, usernames, and pictures I know I have seen at the moment. If it is a member only section you must sign in to see it but it will provide a link.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    But how?
    Google searches everything that's on the Internet.
    Krisi

The web search engines, sometimes called "web crawlers", "spiders",robots, are get getting smarter and smarter. some even run password breakers.
    And the Cloud is a sub set of the web that usually runs an encryption/decryption logarithm.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    That is not my experience. If I am not logged in I can read the text in the 'Male to Female Crossdressers' section but I cannot view or download the photos posted. Avatars can be seen, but posted photos, no.
    That is correct.
    Krisi