Thread: Voice device

Voice device

Is any of aware of any device that can be kept inside the mouth ( somehow like brackets) that are able to modify how the sound goes out of our mouth?
    Either by modifying the mouth structure for echos, or with a real-time voice processor with a directional microphone (towards the throat) and a speaker towards outside, I think it could be possible to achieve a femenine voice.
    is any of you aware of a device of this kind?

Even if such a device existed and its sound quality were good enough to produce a convincing feminine voice, how would you be able to speak properly with the device in your mouth? And wouldn’t people notice it visually?
    Last edited by Patience; 11-10-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Just because.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

No I doubt it exists. Even if it did it would cost a LOT of money. I’m guessing several thousand minimum (for one that sounded legit).

Possibly military?
    Last edited by Kas; 11-10-2018 at 07:15 AM.

No device that I've heard of. But there are tons of articles and videos on the interwebs about how to feminize your voice. All of them take time, practice and patience! Your mileage may vary ... Greatly!

Aspiring Member
    With a little microphone and speaker?? Wow, would I be able to BUUUURP.

Ineke

That would be science fiction.

Voice changers do exist. https://www.electronickits.com/voice-changer-kit/

I tried one of these (not sure it was this particular one) once. It worked to some extent, but the sound was erratic with dropouts and, in my opinion, not satisfactory. Perhaps mine was defective. Others from different sources may be better. Note that none of those that I browsed are designed to work in the mouth.

If you try one, please post the results.

Mary

For something practical if you invent something successful you should make money with your idea.

Think about it, you have a good idea if you can put it into practice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like what you need is a Mabel fish

I would be afraid of choking on it, and that wouldn't be very ladylike, would it?

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like something out of a CD role player's fantasy story line!

Only, why not just fantasize about turning completely into a female? With all the parts, speech, and everything else a natal GG has!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I have used Screeming Bee Voice Changer software in online games and it does a fairly good job, but still sounds thin.

Anyway what you are looking for does not exist. The best you could do is something like the old "Talk box" guitar effect A'la Peter Frampton but fed with a group of frequencies in the female vocal range. The hardest part is getting the timbre right, even then you will still probably sound like a robot.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There is a device to use on your telephone that has several choices of voices.
    I had a CB radio that had a voice changer where you could get a male voice to a female voice. I had fun with that when I was trucking at night.
    The radio was a Galaxy 77V.

Actually it would easier just to but in the effort to train your own voice to sound more feminine.
    People do it all the time why can't you?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-10-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Roberta, and you really can't do consonants with that tube sticking in your face! Pain in the butt for the casual musician to hook up, too.

Tracii, agreed. Although, if someone did invent a practical device, they would probably make a mint

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Macey the problem is no one wants to put in any effort to do something like voice training so they look for a machine to do it for them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Absolutely true, Tracii! I've met countless dressers over the last 10+ years. Yet, the number that even TRIED to fem their voice could be counted on one hand!

Which is why I gave up practicing MY fem voice!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I think such a device is unlikely to be possible. Your lips and teeth contribute to the sounds that you make, so your final voice is outside your mouth.
    Pitch is partly determined by the speed at which your vocal chords vibrate, and the shape and size of your mouth and nasal cavity. Come up with a compact device that altered all of that, and you'd be sitting on a gold mine, but I suspect it wouldn't be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lawrence View Post
    I had one such device a long time ago. It hooked into the telephone line and changed the outgoing voice's pitch, but you had to change the style of speaking on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Absolutely true, Tracii! I've met countless dressers over the last 10+ years. Yet, the number that even TRIED to fem their voice could be counted on one hand!
    Probably because for most of us, it's pointless. There are usually so many other giveaways that clock us, that noticing that it's a male voice would be redundant. I could sound like Marilyn Monroe, and no one would believe that I'm female. And, of course for younger TS who managed to start on hormone blockers before puberty struck, they never needed such a device.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGreene View Post
    I think such a device is unlikely to be possible. Your lips and teeth contribute to the sounds that you make, so your final voice is outside your mouth.
    Pitch is partly determined by the speed at which your vocal chords vibrate, and the shape and size of your mouth and nasal cavity. Come up with a compact device that altered all of that, and you'd be sitting on a gold mine, but I suspect it wouldn't be possible.
    Holly--I do think it is possible, but not financially worth the effort. Who would buy it besides us?

Sound can be manipulated using computers that read the sound, selectively cancel certain frequencies and add back others that are not present. A properly designed chip could probably do it these days. Water-impervious microphone and speaker would have to be added, plus a power source. I'm not really sure that having such a device in the mouth would actually be necessary when speaking at normal distances from listeners, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Macey the problem is no one wants to put in any effort to do something like voice training so they look for a machine to do it for them.
    Agreed whole heartedly! That's why whomever invented one would make a mint!

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Brown View Post
    I would be afraid of choking on it, and that wouldn't be very ladylike, would it?

Sami
    Millions of people wear brackets in the mouth... no fearing to choke

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    No I doubt it exists. Even if it did it would cost a LOT of money. I’m guessing several thousand minimum (for one that sounded legit).

Possibly military?
    According to the information provided by others It cost 15$.... I would not dare to call it “a lot of money” of course a different design is needed

Reality Check
    You could get one of those buzzing devices that people who have lost their voice box use.

It's a mistake to think that the only difference between a male and female voice is the pitch. Listen to women talking. They typically talk faster than men and use far more words to say the same thing. Their inflection is different as well. You can learn to speak like a woman but it's not easy and you're not going to do it in a couple weeks.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    You could get one of those buzzing devices that people who have lost their voice box use.

It's a mistake to think that the only difference between a male and female voice is the pitch. Listen to women talking. They typically talk faster than men and use far more words to say the same thing. Their inflection is different as well. You can learn to speak like a woman but it's not easy and you're not going to do it in a couple weeks.
    Fine, neither can anyone to prepare cleavage, make up.... in two weeks