Thread: why is it...

why is it...

That i feel the most relaxed, calm, and comfortable in panties, tights (tights not pantyhose), a bra and a dress?

it just feels so natural and right in some way...

Is this just because we are crossdressers, or maybe are we crossdressers because of this? I'll never know...
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

I think if I could truly answer that question I would be a very wealthy therapist

The feeling is so real . . .! I think it is part of why I like to wear things with hems, and elastic! I simply love it!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Because, like many of us, it's the one time that the outside completely matches the inside.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    For many dressing is an opportunity to step out of a world full of stress, problems, and frustrations, into a world of being some one else for a period of time. The clothes help to fulfill the separation between these two worlds. There is also a different type of feel to the clothes which causes a different comfort feeling to prevail. Who really knows what goes between our ears on why we like anything!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Mafalda,
    You nailed it, we are crossdressers because of it. There is a girl inside.

Because we are the girls that we want to be and it feels so good.

It's relaxing to escape your norms.

It's just like taking a holiday to somewhere nice. You go to escape your regular mundane life.

In this case, it's escaping your mundane clothes.

I like what stephanie said. "the outside completely matches the inside. " Funny I constantly walk around comparing my inside to others outside....

Lisa

I haven't had enough experience to answer that question yet.

So, I dunno'. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hell-o Dee,
    As a crossdresser I find that when I’m not dressed en-femme CDing is often on my mind. If I’m not busy doing something that requires my full attention, in some way I’ll drift into thinking about something related to CDing. I’m no thearapist, and I’m just guessing here, but those continual thoughts of CDing build up, the desire to dress gets stronger, and some level of
    stress comes from not having acted on those thoughts and desires.
    It’s when I finally get the chance to act on that desire that those thoughts and desires are eliminated. I no longer have all that going on inside, allowing for a more calm stress free way of being.

Think-stress-dress-relax-repeat...it’s s vicious cycle!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

It one of those mysteries I can speak for the panties they are just comfortable and made for comfort.

I agree with most answers. Like Kristyn I finally feel at peace with myself and the world, and can put to rest the stress of non-stop thinking about it. Love it, love presenting the girl inside

Silver Member
    To quote Jazz Jennings, we have boy bodies and girl brains. And when we acknowledge that inner girl she really appreciates the affirmation after all those years of neglect, denial an suppression.

My complicated (chemical) opinion: We get a rush of “feel good” chemicals (endorphins), when we recognize and satisfy the increased feminine hormone (estrogen) that we gurls have. Other guys do not have this level of estrogen (or they are suppressing it). So, it comes down to our chemical make-up. Enjoy the rush. Jade

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No idea, Dee. But then, I'm just a crossdresser. For me, those things r stimulating, distracting, and usually exciting!

When I want comfort, I put on drabs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!