Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must be bored

I must be bored

I've been a member of this "club" for a long time (2004). I just did some homework and saw that according to the register I was the 260th member. I also looked at the people who joined before me and saw that there were only 20 or so who have posted in 2018.
    I'm amazed at all the things I've learned on this site. I started as a closeted dresser and through the years I have learned from you all, as I hope I have helped some of you also. Then again there were some characters that were on here.
    I wonder what became of some of the early members, I know there was a period where a post could set off a fire storm, and boy were the doozies. I must congratulate the moderators that are currently doing a thankless job that you put out the fires very quickly.
    A memorable member on here is txKimberly who regaled us on her flying pretty adventures. She showed me that anything was possible, if you just tried.
    I don't know if there is a post in this. But I just wanted to acknowledge that we are all a family and we should enjoy this side of us.
    Are there any members here that you look for and would like to acknowledge.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, and Tx Kimberly is one of them, Nikki. I met her here first. Then, in person at a few SCC's. And, we r still FB friends. However, she doesn't seem as involved with dressing as she did back in the day. Probably why so many "oldtimers" have disappeared from cd.com. They're too busy living and have incorporated their dressing into their lives, to deal with us "beginners"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Yes, I can remember txkimberly, and a few others. I have been around for about 9 years now,
    Time goes by fast these days. And I can not believe I have over 7500 posts.
    I am still in a closet, However, I do under dress all the time; and with Fem Jeans.
    Rader

Thank you, Nikki! I am enjoying my time on this site, even though I've only been here for a couple of years. I don't know how I found this forum and the now defunct He Wears Panties forum, but it was so immensely helpful to know that not only am I not alone, but there are many like minded gurls out there.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

Wow...reading this thread I feel like I'm in a time warp - I've been cding for years and had no idea this forum existed. Back in mid-90s I would read transgender community posts on aol.com and a few years later I'd often visit and upload pics to vicki rene's prettiest of the pretty. I'm feeling very very old!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I never joined till late, most of us do move along the spectrum one way or another.

Most dress regularly and find other interests and some of us like to foster others along their journey.

Those that transition do have a change of interest and lead the lives they always should have been able to do.

This forum is a good stepping stone to the rest of your life.

So while you are here enjoy your stay and benefit from it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good post Beverly. We are so very lucky to be here with like minded people. So many times I read a post and think to myself, that’s me too. Crissy

It is what I think when I pop in here now.

Yes Sherry, just how things are sometimes, just don't have the time.

I strongly fear that a lot of us older folks have simply passed away. Supposedly more men die in their 50's than any other decade of life. In the past few years, many of my friends have died; some, I miss tremendously. Though I understand that time is coming, I still haven't gotten used to that phone call; you know, the one that always begins with, 'are you sitting down?'.
    There were a few here that I used to correspond with; when I sent emails, I now get nothing in return. After a couple of years, I gave up and figured it was a lost cause.
    I once considered asking the founders if we could have some sort of forever open thread about those who have left forever, but then, I wouldn't want anyone who just took a long hiatus to come back and see that we all thought that they died.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Karren Hutton was a real hoot and she pretty much brought me out of my shell.
    Her right to the point comments hurt sometimes but she just told the truth even if you didn't want to hear it.
    I still see her comment on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    I just did some homework and saw that according to the register I was the 260th member.
    Nope you're not, if you click on your name it will take you to your profile, in the address bar you will see a number, yours is 3292, so 3291 members joined before you did
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I do remember Karren’s posts were quite funny and very honest at the time. TxKimberly was just the same.. very entertaining. I even bought a top off of her one time..
    i also remember Kayla was a very active member.. I follow her on Facebook and Instagram.

people come and go, life gets in the way.. all of that. We all move in with our lives I suppose. Remember the past, don’t dwell on it.

found my number.. 26426 thanks for the heads up there Tamara.
    Last edited by rachel_rachel; 11-11-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Thanks for the perspective of a long time member. It is very illuminating to hear about all the changes that have occurred. And I am happy this site is moderated and has rules that are enforced. So many forums, no matter what subject, that are not managed this way get so nasty, hurtful, and even hateful. Here it is not that way. Thank you and thanks to the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Nope you're not, if you click on your name it will take you to your profile, in the address bar you will see a number, yours is 3292, so 3291 members joined before you did
    Good morning, Tamara,

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?127884-Veronica4me

Does that mean 127,883 gurls joined before me? That's very good to know!
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

Another very memorable member, and one who is sorely missed, is Sherlyn (thank you Tamara for keeping her memory alive by having a tribute to her in your signature/tag line.) Sherlyn was a wonderful soul whose presence here made us all better people.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

104007 for me just a rookie
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Banned Read only
    I too wonder about those who are absent from this site. I remember the posts of one or two who announced medical issues here and disappeared after awhile. If my memory has not failed me there was a Rachel from Pawtucket, RI who was dealing with cancer. Yes, as has been said people do pass away. Many on this site do not even state their age, so one cannot even speculate that someone has been called home. I suppose if you have a supportive partner your demise can be reported here if the login information is shared.

I too remember a lot of those girls. Karren helped me in so many ways. I miss her. I joined the forum as # 47,844 or something like that. It was then I realized I was not alone, in fact there were about 50,000 of us when I joined and so many more now. We are a great community that mostly helps each other, but just like real sisters there are some squabbles. I just wish I could borrow some of my sisters clothes here.

Tamara I'll accept your explanation and stand corrected. Sherlyn and Karren Hutton were both big contributors. I hope that I can be as helpful to the less experienced
    or timid members as these members were to me. Not looking to leave this site too soon. Like Karren, you may not always agree with me, and I may be too honest. But always know it is meant with respect and affection to the poster.

Interesting thread Nikki, having been away a while I was looking at the members list whilst trying to remember the frequent and entertaining posters from yesteryear, I too miss the contributions from Karren Hutton and TXKimberley. Not forgetting Sherlyn, despite thinking I had been away for over two years, I must have paid a fleeting visit earlier in the year, because when I looked at Sherlyn's witty last post it was familiar to me, with her line to Di about her shoulder straps. It was hard to believe that she would only be with us in spirit so soon afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I did a little audit (just can't shake off my accountant's hat) on the members' list and checked the most recent members by sorting by "join date", the number in the profile actually does not increase by increments of 1.

The last five members to join, as at time of this post, were numbered 136727, 136715, 136703, 136684 and 136680 with no easily perceivable method for the random increment. Initially I thought that the last digit should be ignored, but just my small sample gave two 13668's and besides that the members list actually shows 25888 records, which is a little shy of one-fifth of the number that Tamara's method suggest. I love a puzzle, but the solution to this one eludes me

If I sort the list by join date (earliest first) then my name appears on page 36 in position 1789, but the number in my profile is 16726. So how can members, who may wish to know, discover their number?

It was also interesting to see that just 4 days after I joined on 2 November 2015, the forum had its busiest time with 4772 on-line that evening, probably all looking at and commenting on the Halloween threads.

Not boring at all Nikki, although I am reminded of a Smirnoff ad from the 70's which read "I thought accountancy was boring , until I discovered Smirnoff".
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 11-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelPortugal View Post
    The last five members to join, as at time of this post, were numbered 136727, 136715, 136703, 136684 and 136680 with no easily perceivable method for the random increment.
    Just an educated guess, but perhaps the numbers really are sequential and the 'missing' values represent new logins who did not complete the registration process and hence never made it to new user status?

Are my nerd credentials showing? :

Becky, just as I can't shake of my accountants hat, maybe your nerd credentials are showing a little bit.

Your solution could well be right, which indicates to me that to date a about 19 in 100 people (25888 listed members vs 136727 numbers issued) who start the registration process, actually have the courage to complete it. That is a better conversion rate than 13 years ago when I joined, then a little less than 11 in 100 managed to complete the process and go on to make a post within a year.

What does that say? More reliable internet, so the process is not cut short by a connection failure. Less people bottle out during the process. More lurkers want to access more of the site. Who really knows?

What is the average industry rate for dropping out during an internet registration/purchase? If this was a business and I was its accountant I would want to know. So, how does this site get funded? I have never been asked for a donation or membership fee. I suppose I should be grateful to some anonymous benefactor considering the site is registered to an inactive corporation, sorry I digress.
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 11-13-2018 at 03:33 AM.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

The increasing conversion rate might be explained by a general numbness to giving away our privacy rights. In the last few years it seems like every website or mobile app requires us to give away our credit history and a DNA sample before we can register. Then there are the social media sites where we voluntarily give up even more of our privacy. In contrast, this site requires only a valid email address.

Another member whom I don't really miss was whose name I cannot recall. He used to brag how many girdles and other constraining garments he was wearing. I suspect that he somewhere overstepped the propriety of the place and was duly dismissed. Does anyone remember him?
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    One of the first things I did after finally getting online was join here.Been so many changes in my life,for good and bad and sometimes I read back on my earlier posts to see just how much I've changed

I corresponded with a few ladies on here and I think most have drifted away from here.But I'm glad that I've stayed in touch through Facebook with a few of them.

This site is a great place and very informative,added to that well moderated.Im glad I returned this year after a few years away

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson