Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing as a senior

That part about going into a wig shop. My first wig was bought at a wig shop I waited till they where not busy and got fitted for my first wig. So exciting, see asked my why I want a wig and I told her I was a cross dresser. The reply was comforting. Oh I do this all the time. It was the greatest time and she was great. Made me feel right at home. By the way I am 64 and flound that shorter wigs work great. Look around and see how many old ladies have long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by DarciInTx View Post
    When I visualize myself as woman, though, I tend to think of someone younger and more conventionally attractive. I'm at a loss about how to bridge that gap.
    I would say the first step is to adjust your expectations. I don't care how good one's makeup and wig are, we are not going to compete with the attractiveness of a 20-something (or even 30-something) Victoria Secret model. It's a bridge too far (if that is what "someone younger and more conventionally attractive" means to you). (Not including Sherry who defies aging) You and I have fifty years of testosterone going against us.

I ask what do you want to do? Circulate un-noticed in public or just feel good about your presentation at home? You have a lot more latitude if it is the latter.

Taylor beat me to it... you’re never going to look 20 again, so have realistic expectations. To reiterate what others have said: wig and makeup will take 10 years off if done properly. Also skincare is incredibly important (and expensive). Lastly, don’t judge yourself against other girls. Some (like myself ) are just blessed with more feminine bone structure and features.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I'm 67 but I don't go out ever. I do tend to dress much younger. I have some conventional skirts and tops, but I also have some very short skirts and dresses. I do have the legs for them, if I may be a tad immodest for the moment.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Out & About as a Senior Girl -not too often-- but no problems or issues. Just another Lady in the mall. As I have stated in my posts- I dress appropriately, since Im a Senior living in a retirement area- filled with senior GGs, snowbirds. Athleisure/casual is the "wardrobe-of-choice" here in Cactus Land--- so that's what in Toni s Closet. Some may think that unless its miniskirts & clubwear- that you are "not dressed" But for going out in public, for routine activities-- those items are like "road flares" that will get you clocked for sure. IF you are a senior--- don't be afraid to go out and give it a try. Dress age-appropriate for the venue- and have fun. Keep Blending. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

At 71 I just don't wear mini skirts for teenagers. I do try to keep up with fashion. I been doing this for 60 yrs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

My biggest supporter, my wife of 35 years, was critical of the Bimbo look that I was projecting when I dressed. So, she had me go the the mall with a clipboard and pencil and sit in the atrium recording, for each lady over 70, what she was wearing (top, skirt or slacks, shoes, hairdo, accessories, purse, etc.) The little exercise really helped me to tone things down quite a bit, selecting a salt & pepper wig, wearing my breastforms in a bra with looser straps to appear to be sagging ( the resulting bounce is kinda fun) and wearing flats or sneakers in almost all occasions. I also toned down my eye makeup, especially eyeshadow and lashes considerably.

I now feel quite comfortable when going out in public to a shop or dine or go to a theater. I don't feel conspicuous at all and this really helps me feel much more feminine and womanly! Ya'll might try such an exercise where you live.

I am 64 and like a gray medium wig or salt and pepper look wig. I like looking like a 64 yr old attractive lady. In my normal guy mode, i no longer worry about what age i look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shybrenda View Post
    -- Snip -- Look around and see how many old ladies have long hair.
    Seniors tend to wear shorter hair because it is hard on their shoulders and elbows to comb out the long hair. and the long hair also takes more time to properly take care of it.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I am 37 in real life but Amanda is elderly. I enjoy being able to dress as Amanda who is around 65 years old. I know I am in the minority in the aspect of wanting to get older.
    Amanda

Darci, I am 67 also! I have a short gray wig. I have sat and made mental notes on what women wear! There are a few with day to day skirts and dresses! (not work or church!) Most wear pants or jeans with some kind of embellished top and sneakers! I generally copy what I see! My normal ("undressed") look is jeans, V neck tee shirt, loafers and of course my polished nails and earrings! All my clothing except at work is women's! When going to church or my therapist, I wear a dress or a skirt and top! Make up is down to concealer on a few spots and powder over that and that is it! See my Avatar! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am 70 years old. I have been told that I am cute, but I think they are just trying to be nice!IMGP0030.jpg
    Let me know what you think, ok? I do love to be Roxanne. It makes me feel ever so sweet and nice. I woory what I will be like after several more years, but, well, I guess I just need to ignore that, right? Roxanne is divorced, and she lives alone. But she is a very happy girl right now!
    Roxanne Lanyon

"The dream is still alive!"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Just a suggestion...…..a dark colored wig on a senior citizen looks unnatural. I would suggest you choose a lighter color like a blonde if you don't want to wear grey. As for the makeup.....don't overdo it. These are things that work for me, a 72 year old. And yes, I get senior citizens discounts and I'm not ashamed to take them.

Worth considering!
    Roxanne

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Perhaps I should ask my friend, Sophia Loren. She was born in 1934, and is 84 years now. She wears her lovely hair as Reddish brown, and is still quite pretty. No blondes, grays for her! She is very attractive. Check her out on the internet!
    Roxanne, Still Surviving!

I'm 71 and dress my age. My wig is fairly short and gray.

I am sure it is, Mary Lawrence.
    Roxanne Lanyon

Now I am back after several months away from the Forum, I think that it is a good time to connect. I am now 70 years old, but I feel and think like a younger lady. But now that I am more able and willing to go out more to be around others both friends and the general public, I strive to look like a classy mature lady that just blends in. I now have only grey wigs and my style of dress is appropriate to the situation. For example stylish but business style skirts, lower block heeled pumps or riding boots, etc. To do this, I have spent countless hours watching real women and how to dress in any particular situation , right down to hem lengths, scarves, jewelry, etc. This is both informative and fun.

I will never be done with twerking the right impression, but it does go a long way to being an acceptable senior.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'm "only" 52,ive bern told i look younger when dressed but my worry is when I do get to the senior stage, I'm not sure I want to start wearing grey wigs and sedate makeup it might make me stand out too much when I go out and i could then become a parody.I do wonder therefore whether I will still be doing this into my 70s

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

It certainly gets more exciting with age......