Thread: Work spouse

Work spouse

Off to work soon with my arms shaved (first time doing that).

Eventually, my 'work spouse' will notice something … the small signs creeping through … she might even be inclined to ask an uncomfortable question or two. And yet, I know she'd be okay with whatever-whatever. Hope I am as forthcoming with her as I can be, but I will probably be somewhat evasive.

You might be surprised at how long it might take before anyone notices.

My arms have been smooth since March last year, and in my final 10 months at work no-one noticed. Our work uniform had short sleeves and I never wore a jacket.

The only people who have noticed are some women from my wife’s yoga class (who noticed my smooth legs).

If I’m ever asked, my response will be something like “I got sick of my body hair and had it all removed”.

Michelle

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    I've been blessed with fine white body hair, After shaving and going to work in t-shirt and shorts, no one even bats an eye. I seriously doubt they noticed. I work with a bunch of software engineers, our heads are in the "cloud" most days anyways. Pun intended

My arms and legs have been smooth for as long as i can remember and have never had a single comment!

If your arms are hairy and now their clean and probably very white, she'll notice. I worked construction and always rolled my sleeves up even in winter, one day the job foreman approached me and while discussing something he just blurted out that I should stop shaving my arms and left it at that. I responded that they were singed off from my fireplace poking the coals and the subject was done and never brought up again. I'm thinking it must have been a topic of discusion on the site and he thought he would let me know, never got any flack from anyone else and did not stop shaving them. It's the little things that will be the tells.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    I'm 71 years old. Less than 10 years ago I was sitting across from my daughter who asked if I shave my legs. No. Never. I have no hair follicles on my thighs and the back of my calves. Any hair on my shins has always been sparse and very fine. No need to shave. Never had underarm hair. I asked her whether this was the first time she noticed. Yes, was her reply. From what I read on this forum I suppose I have been blessed by the goddesses. It wasn't until I was in my late 50's my body started growing chest hair. Hormone changes? So, from zero to 70 the only person to comment about my lack of hair was my daughter. Oh, and no five o'clock shadow on my face.

I'm sure that your work wife will eventually notice, but most likely not say anything. Or, she may say that she likes it because your arms look smoother....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If you're trying to out yourself, Macey? Shaved arms and legs mite not be enuff. U may have to start coloring your nails and wearing makeup. Some folks just won't notice or comment unless u really change your look!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There are so many reasons these days why people choose to shave. Swimming, body building, and a few others come to mind. Some people just don’t like being hairy! I don’t think that it would out you specifically if she or someone else noticed.

I always make up some tall story unless it becomes a persistent query.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hey Macey. Good for you. I've also been moving away from my classic "Ned Flanders" look at work over the past few months, in a place I've worked for 15 years; pierced ears, shaved arms, softer clothes etc. Poor old Ned would have a stroke!

I mostly operate on instinct and my instinct has been to talk to the women I'm close to, especially my best GG work friend, but to let the guys come to terms with it on their own. You don't have to say much, but of course she'll notice and if you pretend nothing is happening then she'll feel shut out, which will hurt your friendship more.

You're on a journey right? So she's definitely going to notice sooner or later? You've already said you think she'll be ok so I think go for it. Shutting her out until you absolutely have to will do more harm than good. My 2c.

If she did ever notice, she'd be fine, I'm sure. Mostly, no one would notice, I think. Fewer would say anything. When my wife took me for my first pedicure a few months back, I even posted the photo on facebook with a long explanation of it trying something new to reduce stress and herself chose the color ... Lol ... All true! Not that anyone sees my toes, but if they do, I had already put it out there. Btw, I DESPERATELY need another pedicure!

No, I'm not trying to out myself at work, and my man costume is the same as always. But a bit of a lighter walk, slightly softer hair, shaved arms, these things will eventually add up! Toss in the ever-so-slightly feminine mannerisms, posture and walk creeping in in spite of myself ... Meh, I'm just paranoid

Sounds like someone has found the rabbit hole and is on the precipice of that slippery slope.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Allia, I fear you may be right!

Good Luck with this Fem-Adventure !