So last night a few gals met for the monthly Houston GNO. It was a small number but quite fun nonetheless. Also, a quick shout out to Alexandra’s, long-time friend, S.O. and bestie Lisa (a cis gal). Cis girls who are supportive, curious and inquisitive are SO much fun to hang out with. Loved meeting you Lisa!!! Mwah!

So one thing I may have mentioned here is how nervous I get during the few times I’ve gone out and I think the main reason I get so nervous to the point of almost getting sick is because I’m really short. Being so short, plus being built kinda like a fireplug and as such obviously a boy dressed as a girl makes me feel...I don’t know, like a lot of potential negative stuff could happen.

Anyway, so we decided to call it a night and when we all got up to leave, I walked away from everyone because I was parked in the opposite direction about a block away. I could see my car from the exit of the bar it was that close but it felt like I would be crossing the longest expanse. There was a parking lot that was pretty well lit but patches along the way where it was quite dark. As I crossed the street and got to my car that was parked on the corner, a couple of guys in a car yelled out to me. “Hey baby! Hey! You doin’ alright tonight! Hey! Hey!” I ignored them and walked a little faster as I got to within a few feet of my car.

Then I heard him say as he rounded the corner “F#<¥!n bitch! Actin’ like she don’t hear us!”

Freaked me the hell out! It’s a really unnerving feeling and I feel really sorry that women have to put up with crap like that every single day.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this before? Does dressing or for those who are gender questioning... has it given you a new outlook on how you interact with women?

Coincidentally, Shannon told me something earlier in the evening that she saw online a few weeks ago. It was a quote that said, “Straight men understand consent when they go to a gay bar.”

Anyway, besides that unnerving moment, it was a lot of fun. The others met for dinner and I caught up with them at the gay bar. We found a cozy little corner where we played Jenga, talked and laughed. Oh... and we gossiped about all you Houston gals that didn’t make it.

Kidding
Kinda kidding
Not kidding. :