Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living with my ex... Not enough time to be myself

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You know as long as you live together she still thinks she run the show.
    Can you do whatever you want whenever you want? If no then she is still controlling you
    Does she date other guys? If she does she has the best of both worlds 2 men she can control.

It may not be what you want to hear but you need to hear it.
    I have been used so much I know all the signs.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-13-2018 at 11:07 PM.

I feel that a kind and caring let down should be your first strategy, if this fails then it is the "Out the door tomorrow stance".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ex's are just that - Past, History, Gone! Does this give you any advice?
    I have never been happier as Roxanne until I moved out of the house, out of the state!
    Roxanne,
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

KatieEvans, If she is not accepting now, it probably will not get better.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Wow...being bound by economics is a real test of your fortitude. Yes, in a tight rental market you cannot just up and leave or have your roommate leave without making things much worse.

Perhaps just continue to keep on the quiet, formulate a couple of feasible exit strategies for when you have access to another suite or the lease is up (I know, 18 months is big chunk of life!) and try to take solace in taking action by being tactful and patient. You will find what you need when the dust settles.

Platinum Member
    Why do you feel constrained by her presence?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree, force some kind of change, I could never live with my ex.

Start dressing in front of her has a caveat. What if Katie doesn't want to come out of the closet? His GF would mostly likely spread the word that she's living with a transvestite.

OTOH, if you continue to become someone different than the person you were, she will end the relationship and leave voluntarily.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    It does not sound as if you and the woman you're living with are on the same page. Living as brother and sister? In the same bed? If you cannot afford the flat on only your income is it possible to get out of the lease and move to a smaller flat. I'm assuming you're in a two bedroom flat. Otherwise I cannot understand sleeping in the same bed and nothing happens. Is there a potential downside to revealing Katie to your friend? Perhaps she would be receptive to your cross dressing and the sex life would not be so "vanilla." Is it possible you're frustrated with not being able to have Katie come out whenever you want and that is part of the reason for downgrading the relationship?

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Time to woman up and take control of your life.

Platinum Member
    Lots of relevant questions here. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on each as it pertains to you and your ex.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

She doesn't know about it. I don't want her to go and tell just about everyone I know. I'll probably end up getting caught by her one day, but until that day happens... I'm a little reluctant. As much as I'd love to.

We do still get on, and we make better mates than we ever did with anything else.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    It does not sound as if you and the woman you're living with are on the same page. Living as brother and sister? In the same bed? If you cannot afford the flat on only your income is it possible to get out of the lease and move to a smaller flat. I'm assuming you're in a two bedroom flat. Otherwise I cannot understand sleeping in the same bed and nothing happens. Is there a potential downside to revealing Katie to your friend? Perhaps she would be receptive to your cross dressing and the sex life would not be so "vanilla." Is it possible you're frustrated with not being able to have Katie come out whenever you want and that is part of the reason for downgrading the relationship?
    No a one bed flat...

I've already explained I'm locked into an 18 month contract and breaking that would be a breach of my contract with fairly serious ramifications... I'll be able to afford it once my car is paid off which coincidentally is about 18 months time.

And before anyone says it, I can't not have a car, I need my car for work. I work a 25 mile round trip to work.

Platinum Member
    Even more interesting with these details. It’s a bit risky to avoid the possibility of her telling just about anyone you know while being resigned to getting caught eventually. It’s your life, of course, so good luck with that.

otherwise, I don’t see a problem of being roomies, and even being physically involved. I would not let past conflicts stand in the way of rekindled affection between you. None of us are perfect and almost everyone deserves a second or third chance.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Kas, that last part was not cool.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Ex's are ex's for a reason. I have 2 of them. You only live once. If she's an ex, who gives a rat's azz what she thinks or says. Grow a spine, do what you want to do when you want to do it and don't look back.
    Jon

i used to live with my ex shes a T but she just happens to have all those cute panties and idk why :O