Thread: Self acceptance to the next level

Self acceptance to the next level

My GP Consult today was ever so close, and so real!

My doctor always asks about how I'm going on my Girly travels (my words) and is so caring, love her!

Today we touched on the broader scenario of self acceptance, which I'm good with, yet don't display self acceptance visually! "An Aspie thing"

Then I said "I'm Good with this" I'm a chick!

My self acceptance as well as my doctors attitude has made this a great day!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Your GP's acceptance says it all.

Makes it much easier to talk and interact with her.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Stacy,
    It's good to hear this , I personally owe so much to caring GPs , it's good to know no subject is off topic , I'd also like to extend those thoughts to the reception staff . They are fully on board with TG issues , the first time I checked in I was asked if I wanted to change my registered name . The first time I saw my new GP he asked if I needed help with medication / hormones and I'd only made the appointment to have my arthritis checked in my toes .

I find they are there to help so you don't have to hide things from them .

Hi Stacy,

Good to hear you have somebody supportive to talk to while your SO still needs more time.

I'll just echo what Teresa said about the medical staff's supporting cast. They are very up to date with TG issues. The first time I got miss'd was by a representative of a doctors surgery on a university campus. She was getting the freshers informed about registering with a doctor as they walked past. I ( a then 40-year-old ) walked past. She enquired about me. I was so thrown by the "miss", I questioned it. She chastised me for doing so.. something along the lines of:

Well, if you're going to look like that, the rest of us would think you would want to be called "miss". Isn't that the point?

Game, set, match, to her! .

Despite everything I feel internally and the feminine presentation I pursue relentlessly, I still struggle to buy myself as a miss, although I really wish I could. However, I now accept the "miss", if, for no other reason than not to spoil it for everyone else.

May you have more great days, Stacy! .

- Lydianne.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U make it sound so easy, Stacy!

I struggled with self acceptance for 10 years on my own. Then, about 5 more out here and in public with other T's before my resentment melted away!

But, it finally did!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Glad it’s settled for you, Stacy, and that your GP is supportive.

Echoing Sherry, it hasn’t been that easy for me... aside from blowing up a marriage, I am still wrestling with self acceptance. Well past anger, denial, and bargaining...so, perhaps acceptance is just around the corner.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 11-20-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    U make it sound so easy, Stacy!

I struggled with self acceptance for 10 years on my own. Then, about 5 more out here and in public with other T's before my resentment melted away!

But, it finally did!

It's never been easy for me Doc, being an ex Signals operator then a bikers bodyguard has sort of moulded me pretty. We are all pretty!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Good for you, Stacy.

What does “displaying self-acceptance visually” entail, exactly?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!