Thread: Experiences

Experiences

Our local chain of thrift stores had a Veterans Day sale - 50% off everything. Since I was planning to try on some tops, I had my breastforms and bra with a ladies V-neck sweater, but everything else was in guy mode.

As I was moving to get in the long checkout line, I saw one woman looking around, and she made eye-contact, then glanced down at my boobs, glanced somewhere else, then looked back at my boobs. For about a second, her eyes got as big as saucers before she looked away.

That's the first time I've seen any noticeable reaction.

This Friday I have a doctor's appointment for my semi-annual physical (or "wellness checkup" - I'm not sure how thorough it will be in this day when everything is dictated by the insurance companies and Medicare). I'm thinking of wearing my bra, panties and pantyhose and see what happens.

Aspiring Member
    So did you get any great tops?? That is a funny story. You should have told her when she looked at your boobs "my eyes are up here"

I am sure your doctor will be very professional. However don't take your health for granted, its more important to get a quality checkup. Be careful about adding a time consuming distraction unless you are thinking of transitioning. Just a thought

Seana

Aspiring Member
    I am 69 and my prostate is doing what they do- getting larger. For the last two check-ups with my "primary care nurse practitioner" she didn't do a "digital exam" of my prostate. On my last visit (for another reason) I happened to see the doctor. She said "oh, by the way why don't you see a urologist just for a check on your prostate. " When the nurse practitioner there did a check on me the first thing she did was a digital exam and explained she felt no " sharp edges, lumps, or unexpected swelling,nothing to indicate any cancer". The fact she did a digital and was able to get so much information makes me feel the PC should have been checking me for the last few years. The urologist NP only asked about my PSA no. as an after thought. I had had this test recently and the number was OK. When I had asked the PC NP about lack of a digital exam she said something like " well we don't do them anymore as you can't tell that much and the PSA tests are more accurate than they used to be." Just some info to think about if you go for a "wellness exam" and are getting up in age. Sherrii.
    Last edited by Sherrii; 11-14-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Was told the same thing. Digital exams are less reliable than other tests, such as the PSA. Probably less humiliating for most men as well.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    PSA is all my PC does these days.

Is it really important that you wear a bra and forms to the DR?
    Are you transitioning does your Dr know and on board with it?
    Doing it just for shock value just seems trite.

Thank you Tracii, I was thinking the same thing about wearing a bra to the Dr. I also think there is no reason to do it to get a reaction. Crissy
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 11-14-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Medical people have seen it all and a guy in a bra is probably pretty common.
    They may not say anything but you know they are thinking boy what a freak.
    I understand why a new CDer would think it was a cool idea because they don't give a lot of thought to things they do.
    I know because I was once one of those.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've considered going out wearing a sign that says, "I'm a crossdresser".

But, I've discovered I can skip the sign if I just go out dressed! Since I'm a MIAD, too, Darci!
    Double takes r the LEAST of what I experience out there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That will be an interesting experience for all concerned.

I am sure you will be questioned about your demeanor.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Double takes r the LEAST of what I experience out there!
    Ooo, do tell! Well, one incident that stands out, anyway.

I once wore my breast forms at work for an entire week. I did notice when one of my coworkers literally stopped in her tracks, looking at my chest. It was pretty amusing. I also get some quizzical looks from other ladies in the building.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Every time I have a 'wellness' examination or an appointment based on a medical complaint the doctor always has checked my breathing with a stethoscope which covers the chest and the back. So I would think your bra cups and straps will be noticed. Many physicians will check for moles or potential cancerous signs. There is a medical protocol which any physician treating a Medicare patient should be following.

Perhaps the woman with the lingering stare never saw a guy with such big "man boobs?"