Thread: Finishing School

Finishing School

What is the opinion on finishing schools to bring out the best girl in me. Is it something some of you have tried? If so was it worth it. I want to be more comfortable in my skin and was wondering if this is a way to accomplish that. All opinions are welcome.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Do they even exist anymore? If so, where?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes there is one New Jersey

Would they even take an older crossdresser? Aren’t those places typically for young girls? Bottom line is that there isn’t anything you could learn there that you couldn’t learn on the internet. They aren’t going to tech you how to do your makeup or wig styling, but if you don’t know a shrimp fork from a salad fork, go for it I guess?

Aspiring Member
    I think that Brenda means another sort of finishing school, one that caters for their specific needs and desires. You'll find it quite quickly on google.

kind of like the old "miss Vera's School for Boys who want to be girls"? Are they still around? Ohh. just did a quick search....https://www.missvera.com

Interesting, I think these had all gone to the makeover style of service.

They certainly give you pointers on how to present yourself in public.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don’t think you will find any school that will teach you how to be comfortable wearing anything anywhere, or comfortable in your own skin as you put it.

I could tell you how I got there but I don’t think anyone wants to hear that boring story, besides this is your life. Why not just get out and live it, it’s basically what I did. It’s not really that hard.

What else is there to say it’s a journey, find what works for you?

It never hurts to ask as they say. If there any questions I can answer feel free to PM me.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I never learned anything really useful from anyone. I learn by doing. Trial and error is the best, for me anyhow.

http://xdressnj.com/

Lady Ellen is the best. I went here in 2011 for my first ever makeover and had a wonderful time.