Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rant about "masculine" men and being noticed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is one long paragraph Emily.LOL
    I agree don't let them take control its just best to ignore them.

Emily, That was just post #9 for you, I can’t imagine how you are going to do when all the forums are open to you upon getting to #10. Crissy

It's a common practice among people with inclinations they feel ashamed of to loudly and consistently speak out against those inclinations. "Doth protest too loudly". It's either a tell that he is closeted, in denial, and is overcompensating or that he is highly insecure about his masculinity. Ignore it. That guys continual internal battles will pale in comparison to any argument you might offer.
    Last edited by MisterEgurl; 11-23-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Those type of "macho" idiots have been around forever and will always be here no matter how much time passes or how "enlightened" society becomes. It unfortunately goes with the territory.

I work with a guy that is one of these super masculine jerks. The funny thing is when his wife shows up to talk to him about something, it shows that she obviously rules the roost! When mama is around he clams up and she lets him know what she expects of him. It is funny as hell to see them interact. Then she leaves and he returns to his good old macho self again.

It is pretty obvious he carries on like this because he has no power at home, so he acts all tough when she is not around. Funny, all of us see it and get a chuckle about it.

He has commented on a pair of boots I wear from time to time, lets me know that they look like women's, (they are!) I just ask him why does it bother him so much what I wear? He just mumbles to himself and goes back to work.

And aren't you glad you were not born with that kind of social disability? I believe many things we are, are built into our brains before we are born. I overlook a lot of things when I can, because I really don't think they can help being the abrasive person any more than we can help being born transgender. I am sure their social life suffers, their occupation many times is not a really good one because they can't function in a social situation. If I had my choice, I would take being half female in my brain rather than being a complete asshole all the time. You did well not reacting, it is the reward to many of these type people. If they say something loud enough that you hear it, they are trying to solicit a reaction. If they can embarrass you, they feel superior in their undeveloped mind. Be glad you are happy with life, you have friends, you can dress to express yourself in public, something many here cannot even do. "You've Come A Long Way Baby".

Silver Member
    One comment from this kind of guy is a case of toxic masculinity, and he's a douchebag. More than that and it's a case of "Methinks ye doth protest too much." and he's in the closet, cowering from his girlfriend's opinion.