Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rant about "masculine" men and being noticed

From your description it sounds like you looked quite effeminate. I would never have the balls to go out dressed like that myself, but:

On Halloween I actually did something similar. I saw it as a chance to wear a pair of pleather leggings I had. The "costume" was supposed to be an 80s Rocker, but the leggings tight fit around the ankles were obviously fem. Many people laughed and commented on the pants and it made me feel stupid for wearing them.

It seems much easier to go out totally en femme doesn't it?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    A lot of men that encounter people like us seem to have to prove their masculinity by acting in a macho superior manner by putting others down. I've always thought that if you have to prove you're a man then you must not be much of a man to begin with.

Sorry to hear you had to put up with that sort of behaviour, maybe he’s hiding his own secret and wanted to see how the girlfriend would react
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    The world is full of hahsoles, and many have been empowered by the current political climate. Unfortunate.
    Please don't go there. That has nothing to do with guys like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    It wasn't so much what I actually heard him say. It was the way he went about it. He did make sure he said it in a way that I would be sure to know he was talking about me. They practically did an about-face to go to the other side of the rack to where he could peer through and I could hear him. All I actually heard were bits and pieces, like "Women's skinny pants" (they weren't), "pointy shoes that you slide on", and "like a woman".
    I've said this before and I'll say it again: Says more about him than about you. You may think this is crazy, but in a way, the lout might have been expressing a form of admiration in the only way he felt he could, while keeping up the macho front he hides behind. I mean, his sudden obsession with you is a lot different from the indifference we hope to encounter when we successfully blend in when we go out dressed.

I was overly sensitive about this. It just struck a chord with me yesterday. Usually wouldn't. I think what got me as much as anything is that it was ONE THING, the shoes. Everything else I had on was men's. Can I not wear one damn thing from the women's department without causing this?
    Apparently not. Being alluring can be a curse. Ask any woman.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    The world is full of hahsoles, and many have been empowered by the current political climate. Unfortunate.
    There have always been guys like that, I have seen them under every political climate over the last 4 decades.

I once went to a mall dressed, alone. I had a somewhat similar situation. A guy and his girlfriend walked by me several times with a knowing grin and a "hi". Wasn't overtly rude like the OPs situation, but he read me and could tell he found me rather... amusing.

Reality Check
    Remember, this guy took his girlfriend to a Goodwill store to shop. He's not really that big of a man if that's where he does his shopping.

But, society expects men to be men and women to be women. If you try to blur that line, you're bound to find some resistance. You have the choice to conform and get along or not conform and have situations like you experienced. Way back in the 1960s I decided to wear my hair long and had similar situations.
    Krisi

Crossdresser
    Tell the macho hero wannabe you're more man than him and more woman than he can handle (I read that in a thread here but can't remember from whom otherwise I would give credit).

It takes a brave man to wear women's clothes the first few times. And an every braver person to go out dressed. I think he is afraid he may actually be a CD underneath, or maybe even have some curiosity. The anger is to cover up the fear he has of you IMHO.

I think any of us who have gone out dressed have or will encounter someone like that eventually. Since he was talking to his girlfriend for your benefit to hear, you could do the same. Take out your phone and pretend to make a call and say some things about him but loud enough for him to hear.

If you go this route, make darn sure you can defend yourself or safely retreat. "Three-backs"* are dangerous when humiliated in front of their mates.

*On the evolutionary chart showing the most primitive primates onward up to a modern human, guys like these are about "three-back" on that chart.
    Last edited by Macey; 11-18-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Maybe ask the guy if he would have the guts or kahonies to go out dressed in womens clothes. But, he would take offense to this, too, and come back at you.

Sorry you encountered this, RJ. I have a pair of women's flats that are indistinguishable from mens' shoes other than the shape of the toe (more rounded) that I have worn without comment, good, bad, or indifferent.

I don't know why his friend tolerates that nonsense. It's one of my dealbreakers.

Anyone who is not a closet crossdresser and presents as effeminate or full out in public will either receive rude comments , stares, harassment, and so fourth. ...Unless they blend in. I have experienced this also

Remember, this guy took his girlfriend to a Goodwill store to shop. He's not really that big of a man if that's where he does his shopping.
    Um, the OP was also shopping at GW. Granted, he's a CDer, but his masculinity shouldn’t be a victim of friendly fire.

I'm sorry, but the venue where the incident took place has no bearing on the matter. There is no venue where this sort of behavior can be excused. Besides, how do we know he wasn't there because the woman wanted to come in?
    Last edited by Patience; 11-18-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye. Four-and-twenty blackbirds baked in a pie.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Hope when they got home the girlfriend dug him up about just how did he notice what shoe's/denims you had on, not something most guys would notice or comment on

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyasia View Post
    Tell the macho hero wannabe you're more man than him and more woman than he can handle (I read that in a thread here but can't remember from whom otherwise I would give credit).
    This is seriously bad advice. Yes, if you turn a verbal slur into a dick-waving contest like that, you might make the seriously insecure bully back down, but if the thing escalates, in any of several possible scenarios, the record will show that it was you who did so. As in "You, the guy wearing women's clothes." If you're going to go out presenting as female, present as female. Defend yourself, if necessary, of course, but do not do anything that only your male self would consider.

Sorry that happened to you Rhonda, even in todays enlightened times (all relative) there are still people in every corner of the world, who feel threatened by any variation from their little world, be it sexuality, gender or religion or even skin colour. Luckily they are the exception.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Not that I think it would have been a good idea - for several obvious reasons, but There's a (tiny) part of me that would have liked to turn to him and say (in the girliest voice I could drum up at the moment) "That's OK sweetie, you're not my type, so please stop checking me out."

Like I said - probably not a good idea, but...

Banned Read only
    In my experience, non-religious people tend to be more tolerate on how you present yourself. He was raised/influenced the typical way. I feel that if they don't put their hands on you, then you have nothing to worry about.

I'm a skinny ass surfer dude which was a bodyguard for the local bikers. Go figure? The punces you describe are no more than Scum!

I may be intimidating at times yet I like to throw myself out there to knock down those overbearing ones! "even the playing field"
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

When this happen , I just react like a woman with class and style
    would , and ignore the fool !
    If anything that gets him much worse than a confrontation .

This sort of thing sadly will never go away I think the kind of person who goes round saying things of derogitry nature within earshot of someone is seriously lacking in both good manners but also totally void of polite and intelligent upbringing, plus I think people who make comments like you heard are trying to cover a week side to their mentallity.
    Sad to say it will happen again to all sorts of people.
    You did the right thing to stay aloof and eventually walk away from the situation but it does dent ones nice day out. A pity it had to happen to you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I'm an underdresser and get more stares from wearing leggings and yoga pants than cder's get.
    Last week my daughter and I went to a restaurant where you have to wait in the front entrance for a couple minutes.
    I was in full drab mode wearing a white T-shirt, flannel shirt and a pair of women's skinny jeans with boots. There was a guy there with his wife and daughter. He was standing on one side and kept trying to get the attention of his wife to look at me. After she noticed, she whispered to her daughter and she immediately looked over at me so I knew she was talking about me. After they kept looking at me and snickering to each other, the husbands camera phone was pointing in my direction and he pretended he was texting. I'm sure I'm somewhere on the internet. Lol!
    To me skinny jeans isn't a big issue, but it was to them.
    If my daughter wasn't with me, I probably would have did some posing for them.

If there’s one thing I hate when going out dressed is having people photograph me without permission. I’ve only had it happen to me once (AFAIK), When I saw the phone camera pointing at me, I covered my face with my hand, holding up my middle finger. I’m a crossdresser, not a novelty act.

Who's to say what was going on in his head, but guys react with aggression when they're frightened so your very existence was frightening and threatening to him in some way. Your best move is exactly what you did - give him a chance to retreat without losing face, especially with his GF there. If you attack he has no choice but to respond. If you back down then he's "winning" and he has to follow through. Take the high ground and give him a chance to back away barking and he will. You won and he knows it (as if you even care about winning over an a-hole like that).

Don't worry about these people unless they are going to hurt you. Then call the cops. They just sound jealous because you gals are so fabulous. They just can't handle it. Plus you are free and they are trapped in their own narrow minded boxes where they think they are in control. Really it's their own fears and anxieties that control them. That being said it's never fun to have some one laugh and/or take pictures or other rude behavior in your direction. If they can't keep control of themselves then that's their problem. Those who were born women are judged on their clothes all the time so in a way being judged for wearing women's clothing is an honor if the goal of a crossdresser is to inhabit the feminine. That judgement is an aspect of that goal of achieving the height of femininity so the fact that they are taking the time to look at your outfit means you must be doing something right even if the attention is negative. I'm betting there are others who like your outfit but just don't say anything because they don't want to seem rude or whatever (I know I sometimes feel like I want to say something nice to a woman about what she's wearing but don't want to seem like I'm hitting on her or a creep or whatever so I just stay silent. The same might be true of others seeing a crossdresser since crossdressing has a stigma attached to it.) It's hard to give compliments but it's easy to look down on people and make fun of them just because they are different. It's a more optimistic way of looking at their behavior rather than worrying about what they think of you. You get to control the narrative about your dressing, they don't have the power to make you feel bad unless you let them. So just look at it as another step on the journey to true femininity. You might not get a positive response from people but that's on them. As Teddy Roosevelt said, "It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or how the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena." I'm not sure Teddy was talking specifically about crossdressing but I think that the quote applies here.

Should I find myself in a similar circumstance I'm not sure that I could keep my mouth shut...I always have to be the funny guy.