Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it true about women and crossdressers?

ladydreamingdanish

Is it true about women and crossdressers?

I was reading an article of a cross dresser talking of their experience. They stated that women appreciate knowing and helping a guy cross dress. I am not referring to the young sissy that wants to be dominated but a mature relationship.
    What do you think? Are women attracted to cross dressers?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I wouldn’t initially connect this appreciation of knowing and helping with being attracted to the crossdresser.

Short answer: No

Long answer: your statement is a gross generalization and CANNOT be true because there are women we know have no appreciation for it, as we have first hand accounts on this site of women reacting very badly.

Here is my best guess: Many women are tolerant or at least indifferent to men crossdressing in general.

A few women are tolerant or indifferent to their SO dressing.

A few of THOSE women are willing to participate in or encourage their SO’s dressing.

A few of THOSE woman are actually attracted to or prefer crossdressing men.

So what you have is a fraction of a fraction of a percentage. So yes there are women attracted to crossdressers, but it’s a very very small number compared to the whole. This person who claims that all women like crossdressers is either biased by very skewed and statistically anomalous experience, writing from a fantasy perspective, or is flat out lying. Why would you think there were so many threads here about relationship issues if women liked CDs?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I agree with Micki, the percentage of women who enjoy helping or like it is very small, of the female population I would guess it’s less than 5 percent and that may be high. So those of us who hope they can find a willing partner who likes our fem
    side is very small indeed
    Last edited by Rachael Leigh; 11-14-2018 at 08:28 PM.

What Micki said.

My wife is pretty supportive of my crossdressing, but she’s a wonderfully unique woman anyway!

But she is alone amongst all the women I know who’ve expressed an opinion on the subject.

Michelle

I haven't found one yet and I'm 64.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I tend to think most women are not into men that dress like women why would they?
    Most women want a man that acts like a man than a man that acts like a woman.
    Why are so many marriages desolved over a man CDing?.
    So I will have to ask would men want to help women dress or look like men? More than likely no.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Miki

I applied the Mathematical Rule of 22% for UnKnown Quantitative Analysis of Irrelevant Data Points to you post

22 out of 100: There are women who are tolerant or at least indifferent to men crossdressing in general.

4.84 out of 22 There are 4.84 out of 100 women are tolerant or indifferent to their SO dressing.

1.06 out of 4.84 - There are 1.06 out of 100 who are willing to participate in or encourage their SO’s dressing.

.23 out of 1.06 - There are .23 out of 100 woman are actually attracted to or prefer crossdressing men.

So the results are encouraging if you go to a place that has 100 women you can find one quarter of a woman who will be attracted to you. I would recommend you strike up a conversation with the upper quarter because statistically you have no chance with the bottom three quarters.

Hope this helps
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe Kelly's figures r overly optimistic!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I tend to think most women are not into men that dress like women why would they?
    Most women want a man that acts like a man than a man that acts like a woman.
    Why are so many marriages desolved over a man CDing?.
    So I will have to ask would men want to help women dress or look like men? More than likely no.
    I would have to agree. I don't think I would want my wife to dress like a man.

While the number of females (GG) who are attracted to MTF crossdressing males (CD) could be stated as somewhere between ALL and NONE - not all GG's have had a close personal encounter with a CD'er to have formed a qualified opinion. Therefore, I can only surmise that the number of favorable outcomes is...some. Y.M.M.V.

Some are, most are not attracted at all, in fact they are repulsed by the thought.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Women who date men usually expect the Mills & Boon versions of a man, or they hope to find a similar version.
    Women hope for a man to share their "Happy ever after" with.
    Maybe even a "trophy" male, one that ticks all the boxes and there's no negatives.

Crossdressing is still "unacceptable" even if tolerated.
    I doubt the number of women who wants an "unacceptable" or "embarrassing" partner would exceed 9.
    If you find 1 of the 9, your doing better than most of us.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Sadly, women don't need a man to help them dress as a man. Most of the top fashion lines have many items named after men's ware. The boyfriend jacket, man cut trousers/denim, etc. Women today can go straight to the men's department of any store and buy everything and go out in public and not get a second look.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Wherever this alternate universe is let me know; does anyone have an extra spaceship I could borrow?

I'm also picturing in my head (why yes, in fact, my head does see strange things) a field full of unicorns where there should be only horses.

Cass

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGirl View Post
    Sadly, women don't need a man to help them dress as a man. Most of the top fashion lines have many items named after men's ware. The boyfriend jacket, man cut trousers/denim, etc. Women today can go straight to the men's department of any store and buy everything and go out in public and not get a second look.
    So can a man go to a ladies dept and buy all they want too I am proof of that so its a moot point at best.
    Boyfriend jacket or man cut trousers are still womens wear designed and marketed towards women.
    Basically MG you missed my entire point but thats OK.

I actually met a GG on Halloween Eve (at Hamburger Mary's) that said she would be, "totally into it" if her boyfriend cross dressed (he worked there). But she was about 22 and also said she was pan-sexual, both of which point to a more open mind on transgenderism. So, based on that extensive research, if you want a participatory GG, look for a single pansexual girl in her 20's...should be no problem!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Most every woman I know wants me to help them with their style and makeup. They want to go shopping with me and raid my closet.

Platinum Member
    As my wife said, if she wanted to be married to a woman she would have married a woman. It would be a rare exception to find a woman actively seeking out a MtF cross dresser for a partner. Did the article deal with the reasons a woman actively sought out a cross dresser? Just about all the relationships I read about seem to have gotten on firm ground before the issue of cross dressing is approached.

I agree with Micki.

I am one of the lucky ones. My wife now accepts my crossdressing. She helps with make-up, shopping for shoes and clothes and even goes out with me, but she did not marry Rachel so she can request, in fact insist on having time with her husband. She is not attracted to Rachel, she treats Rachel as a friend.

You could also wonder if women are attracted to gay men. A gay cousin would always arrive at family weddings and parties in the 70's with the most beautiful girls. He had a "plus one" that the family could equate to, she had a free night out with no concerns about having to pay for it in kind afterwards. No attraction from either party, despite what some old aunts and uncles may have thought.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Banned Read only
    LDD...,
    Obviously women are all different it's hard to put any sort of figure on the accepting ones , we estimated that about 25% of wives/partners accompany the Cders to our social meetings . Some of them do help and I would guess some attend to keep an eye on their partners for various reasons .

All my GFs before I married were OK with my CDing but as it turned out my wife wasn't . As far as women in general , that includes SAs are concerned very few if any have rejected me , I have a great deal of fun with the SAs , I do believe some are even attracted to the image of a CDer , I feel we intrigue them , they wonder what makes us tick . At times it is embarrassing because I've had a string of SAs wanting to serve me sometimes at the expense of ignoring other shoppers , the attraction is often my figure shape , they want to sell some lovely dresses and it gives them some pleasure dressing a slim size 12 up . Last time I went clothes shopping the SA handed me about a dozen tops to try on and then a beatiful sequined dress which they discounted to encourage me to buy it , how could I refuse !

I'm not sure if being gay does come into the equation , personally I'm not nor do I act camp , maybe the attraction is being open and honest with them , they very often they tell me how brave I am so perhaps they see it as a strength rather than a weakness .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-15-2018 at 03:31 AM.

LDD,

I think there's a distinction to be drawn between how GG's in a relationship and those who are acquaintances of a CD'er react.

I appreciate it's a generalisation but many women are comfortable in the presence of Gay men and in much the same way aren't fazed by a male who can talk girl. In some way it's like they're dressing a doll. It's sharing expertise. This possibly answers why many who come out to their close female friend find acceptance.

It is true based on the experienxes of those of us who venture out as reported here that when we encounter GG's we're often met with full acceptance. Normal conversation. Whether or not they would then choose to become friends is up for debate.

Banned Read only
    You would be lucky to find a woman who is supportive or, at the very least, tolerates your affinity for CDing. My wife is a very open minded person and welcoming to other people's sexual and gender diversity but she expects her man to be "a man." No negotiation there.

It is true that most women have a problem with it. I was lucky to find a women who is accepting and encouraging, however I know that she prefer I wasn't a CD.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think my wife and my sisters are pretty typical of most women. In the few conversations I have had with them, they do not really care so much if “other people” cross dress but none of them want their husbands to do it. I’m in the closet to all of them by the way.