Thread: Old gaming buddy asked my daughter...

Old gaming buddy asked my daughter...

This evening my wonderfully accepting daughter, who is 22 and lives with me, got a text out of the blue from one of my old gaming buddies back in Texas, asking about me.

We haven’t seen him since we moved from Texas to Oregon in late 2015, but we do follow each other on Facebook. Or rather, he followed my male account and my daughter’s account. When we lived in Texas, he was one of a handful of close family friends who came to my home nearly every weekend for ‘games night’. Once I started going out as Ceera, he was also a close friend who did not seem to notice when I shaved off the beard that I had worn for the 20+ years he had known me. Nor did he notice when I started shaving my arms... But neither did my other gaming buddies. We had to mention the beard being gone before they registered that was what had changed about me.

Back then, I wasn’t sure if I was heading for full transition, or gender fluid, or what... So I did not tell those friends about my experimentation with being ’socially female’. Thus for a year and a half I remained in the closet where they were concerned. And once we moved, telling them became a low priority. I am relatively certain that only one friend in that group ever suspected Ceera was their male gamer friend. That other friend had tried sending Ceera a friend request, which I declined, and he never acted as if he suspected after that.

So, the friend that texted my daughter is not at all in the habit of texting her about anything. When she read his incoming text, at the dinner table, she just said, “Well then!”, and handed me her phone. His text was along the lines of, “May I ask a possibly delicate question? Is Ceera the same person as your dad? They look remarkably similar in their profiles, but I can’t tell if she is a close relative or is actually your dad. I am okay either way, just really confused.”

Well, I am fully out in my new town and I had been planning on sending him, and my other old gaming pals, an email about my transition, so they would know before the holidays that I have committed to full transition. Those friends, along with two sisters in law and a few cousins, are all that remains to be told. But that handful did not even know I had been cross dressing.

I took her phone and replied, letting him know it was Ceera responding. Told him that yes, Ceera was his old buddy, but that I had been socially female for four years now, and full time female with a goal of full transition since early August. Also told him that except for my sister’s husband out here in Oregon, who banned me from their home once he found out about my cross dressing last year, my friend was free to talk to anyone about my transition. He took it in stride, took a while to tell his young adult daughter, who also had no issues with my transitioning, and sent my Ceera page a Friend request.

I have awesome friends...
    Last edited by Ceera; 11-15-2018 at 02:32 AM.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That's a great outcome! Thank you for sharing with us
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Ceera, you do have great friends! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

That's wonderful!!!

Thanks for sharing that !!! Happy for you, your daughter and your friend!!!
    I am real

I count myself as very lucky, so far. The only solidly negative reaction to my transitioning has been from that one brother in law. It was hard for my sister to come to terms with, and to be honest, she is still struggling to be fully accepting. But she does want to get there, and definitely still wants me in her life. Recently I posted pictures to Ceera’s FB page of me cosplaying as the 13th Doctor Who, with me in a collar-length blonde wig. (Posted those here too - look for a post by me from this last week about cosplaying). The same day I posted them, my sister messaged me and complemented me on how good I looked with that different hair color and style. I have awesome relatives, too.

Ceera. I'm sooooo happy for you. Friends & family supporting & loving you for who you really are.... That must be so conforting. I just wish my wife would be accepting me...

Ceera, Glad you cleared the air. I think the worse part of transitioning is fear of how friends will act. My position is that they either like it of not. There is nothing I can do about it.

Why don't you just clear the air completely and come out to the short list of family/friends? Then, you won'y have to worry.

I intend to contact the last few soon. I really wanted to prioritize my sister understanding and accepting first. She was the one soul in all the world, aside from my daughter who already accepts me 100%, who I would truly regret losing in my life.

Thats an awesome story, story's like this give me hope that my friends will respond the same. Congrats girl!

Further update. That first gaming buddy and his young adult daughter are now both FB friends with me as Ceera, and fully accepting. I am now out to the two sisters in law that I mentioned, and they, their spouses and my two young adult nieces through them all accepted 100% as well. My daughter and I shall be spending this Christmas with the sisters in law, with me en-femme 24x7, since they are aware and accept that I am full time female now.
    Last edited by Ceera; 12-18-2018 at 05:18 PM.

How fab, you must be so pleased.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er