Thread: Practice what I preach

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Practice what I preach

Well tomorrow is the start of 7 days all to me to be enfemme 24/7. Look out world here I come as they say.

If you're a regular then you could be forgiven for thinking I'm one of those who's out and about all the time but in truth that's not the case. It's many months since I last went out dressed and I know come tomorrow I'll be sat dressed in a supermarket car park feeling as anxious as hell about stepping out that door. It's almost like I was back at square one again.

In one way this is a good thing. It'll remind me of what many of you who are hovering on the brink of going out will experience. I'll be reconnected with feelings first experienced years ago.

Once out and running, not literally, more a lady like stroll, normal service will be resumed. Clothing section browsed, breakfast, lunch and dinner sorted for the next couple of days, a chance for my first human interaction at the tills, no self checkout for this gal, all will be well.

So today I'll be ordering some new shoes that I'll pick up in store in a few days time. A shopping trip traveling by train and bus all planned, I'm hoping the Queen film will still be on at the local cinema. Yep my days are fairly well planned out.

In saying that can I take the opportunity to once more invite anyone who'll care to join me, and at the moment one other, for a chat, a bite to eat, a glass to drink and the opportunity to meet up with a few other CD'ers on Wednesday in Manchester's Gay village. For details see the post in the "Places to go" section.

So wish me luck. Here I go, tally ho, tally ho!
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-16-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed