Thread: Talking to my wife

Talking to my wife

My wife and I were talking about the neighbors and their drama, and just as a joke I said don't tell them I crossdress. She said you are not a crossdresser, she said you just have a thing for women's panties. I said what about the woman's pajamas and tights? She you were warm weren't you? I said yes. She at least you don't want to wear my dresses.

A fetish for panties? That's what got me started too
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    I think what your wife said is pretty much how many women view their guy wearing some articles of women's clothing. Just wearing women's panties equals having a fetish. No big deal for many women. The same with nightgowns. There are gradations of course. Are they frilly lacy hot pink panties or plain white cotton panties? Are they warm flannel nightgowns or floor length nylon peignoirs? Just rhetorical questions. My wife did not think too much about my nylon floor length nightgowns. Just a bedroom fetish. However, when it went further and the discussion got into the psyche of my interests in women's clothing, then it was cross dressing. I'm sure if you decided to wear a dress, nylons, heels, bra, panty and slip with wig and makeup your wife would have a different opinion.

Reality Check
    But do you want to wear her dresses? Do you have your own "stash" including bras, breast forms, wigs and shoes?
    Krisi

Silver Member
    So, are you disappointed?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Your wife responded about the same way as my wife has. On this site we have seen how some draw a line as to what is CD'ing and what isn't. Well with some women it seems to be about the same. You may find that one particular item of clothing could be a stumbling block for her, with my wife is was a bra, whether there were forms, or not, for awhile. Now, bras, cami's, slips, pantyhose and skirts don't phase on her. She has helped me purchase all of these items, as well as shoes. We have mutually agreed upon boundaries, and it has been her that has stretched the boundaries over the years. Continued open communication will reveal what may be her stumbling block. Yet, take heart, if she is this open now, then in time things will probably improve, as they did in my case.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

What Gillian said, although for me it was realistic forms with nipples that took a bit more effort for my wife to accept.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    But do you want to wear her dresses? Do you have your own "stash" including bras, breast forms, wigs and shoes?
    No I am good with out the dresses, I have my own panties and pajamas but that's it.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    So, are you disappointed?
    No I am good with it.

What would happen if you admit you do want to wear dresses?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm going to use the word "YET". You don't want to wear her dresses yet, I hope you stay at that level. For myself it was pantyhose, it started off only pantyhose and then came the slips, panties, bras etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    What would happen if you admit you do want to wear dresses?
    It might be fun to wear one I admit but I don't feel the need to want to wear them.

Platinum Member
    People have a great capacity to rationalize. Wives can find a way to look past behaviors in their partners that they would find unacceptable in other people...until they can’t.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Your wife sounds just like my wife (said with sarcasm), except for the thing for women's panties, and the women's pajamas and tights.

In her book, that's all crossdressing and reason for her to rebuke me. She also made me stop wearing my men's bikini undershorts and my men's flannel nightshirts because they looked too much like oanties and flannel nightgowns.

If she only knew how deep it goes, although I guess she can conjure up some images of how I look when I'm out en femme. I don't dress at home, so she can only imagine.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I believe for most people it is a progressive evolution. I know a few who are satisfied with just the panties or hose but most need more eventually. I only dress when I can go all the way, any less is just a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    I'm going to use the word "YET". You don't want to wear her dresses yet, I hope you stay at that level. For myself it was pantyhose, it started off only pantyhose and then came the slips, panties, bras etc.
    What she said.... I would be careful what you say now in case things change later... when your talking to her i suggest not using words like never...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Y
    She also made me stop wearing my men's bikini undershorts and my men's flannel nightshirts because they looked too much like panties and flannel nightgowns.
    Interesting, Steffi - mine doesn't care how much my underwear looks like hers, as long as it didn't come from a woman's shop! I'm trying to figure out how much trouble I'll get into if I push that envelope.