Thread: A Friday lunchtime

Aspiring Member

A Friday lunchtime

The new avatar says it all. I've just been out in the car, driven around for about 40 minutes, covering about 20 miles. I drove up hill, down dale, over tops, along cobbles and single track roads with passing places, round hairpin bends, followed a tractor for well over a mile being unable to get round (the road was too narrow), passed through villages, stopped at crossings to let people cross, stopped at traffic lights, waved traffic through. In fact everything that anyone would do when they are driving in these parts. And then I came home. And what did I discover? The world didn't end and I had a lot of fun. I think that I beginning to break free

Reality Check
    You haven't been out until you get out of the car and walk around the park or a mall. Do that next time.
    Krisi

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It just keeps getting better Charlotte. So do tell, what were you wearing this time?

Congratulations.

Nest step, be out of the car dressed. It won’t be the end of the world either. Provided it's safe, of course.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member
    Or the car might break down and you'll have to walk home, or call for a taxi.

Ineke

Banned Read only
    My first forays out of our home was driving around the neighborhood. Always a little further. Then it was parking the car and taking a stroll through a safe residential neighborhood. Initially it felt great. The cool breeze playing with the skirt of my dress and slip. The sound of the heels on concrete sidewalks. In the end that became boring. I did create situations to get out of the car such as mailing a letter or returning library books. I haven't worked myself up to interacting with fellow humans with the exception of several Halloweens. After awhile just roaming around, whether in a dress or in guy clothes, just becomes a little boring. I get much more accomplished at home while en femme.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks Patience, and yes Krisi, you're correct there, but I need to do this in small steps (though they seem to be increasing in size and frequency). Once I'm happy being just out, then I'll walk around the park. I have a few to choose from. Well, Daisy, it's the work wear I've had on all morning - blue spotted top, cardigan, navy blue pencil skirt, black opaque tights. I also had a navy blue (men's) jacket on, unfastened. I wore dark trainers but will now start looking for a pair of suitable shoes. But, hey, it's a start, let's not knock it too much.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It was going so well until we got to the men's jacket

Pencil skirt sounds good though

Aspiring Member
    Daisy (#8) yes, I'll admit that I've got some shopping to do but up until now, stout shoes and outside jackets haven't been on the radar. Being a northerner, though I don't know where you are, you'll appreciate that when you live 00s of feet up an alp, then going out (even to the car) on a day like this does require some heavy duty gear. OK, you might be in the lowlands and it might be sunny, but as the Scots say it's dreich here today.

While I agree that it would be good to get a proper fem jacket in the fullness of time (sometimes it's not that easy to find one that suits our tastes and fits our budget), It's not unusual for women to wear men’s jackets and some jackets can be considered unisex. It really depends on the garment.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Reality Check
    OK, here's the hint: when you do get out of the car, dress appropriately. Don't wear heels and a formal dress to the park. Look at what women normally wear to the place you are going and wear similar clothing and makeup. It may not be as much fun not wearing six inch heels but you'll fit in much better and increase your chances of passing.

And don't go to the park at night. Women don't do that. Go in the daytime. Abd don't forget your purse.
    Krisi

You go girl! Small steps have worked well for me. Let us know your next one!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Only in the time I have been on this forum (see left) have I gone from my first daylight drive to spending hours in Manchester city center. I guarantee in the not too distant future you will be doing the same in Glasgow or Edinburgh!
    Last edited by DIANEF; 11-16-2018 at 08:51 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your avatar didn't say anything to me, Charlotte. But, I gather u were out driving dressed for the 1st time? Good for u!

There's only ONE first time for anything! I suspect u have many 1st's regarding dressing ahead of u!

Enjoy them all and your journey, girl!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Any time out is great. All the work and makeup to look good is kinda wasted if you don't get a chance to be out. I always read that many of the ladies here prefer the night, I am way more comfortable out during the day. A little drive, a long drive, out shopping or out clubbing its al good.
    HAVE FUN!
    Sara

Congratulations on making your breakthrough((s) . . I think I remember reading something about a walk in the park and a lake (?) ). You will remember them for a long time.

You know what you need from your excursions. So go get it.

- Lydianne.

Congrats, small steps
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

There is a song, "I want to break Free".

Use it as an anthem and all the best to you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love when people see their fears are unfounded.

No, the world didn't end over here, either. In fact, it got better all around. Congratulations.

Best,
    Anne

Platinum Member
    Good for you. Enjoy your new and growing freedom
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Occasional CD Alexandra Collins's Avatar
    The first time I went out dressed, besides one time a week before to a crossdresser support group meeting, was to dinner at a restaurant a few blocks from my house that is quite LGBT friendly. This was 3 months ago. I went with my significant other and we joined a small group of crossdressers and trans women. We went to a nearby gay bar afterwards to talk for a few hours. I had a great time, it was all good. I've been out several times since, mostly to establishments close to my house, and it has been fine each time. This includes restaurants, gay bars, a mall, Sephora for a makeover, clothing stores and a wig shop. All of them have been anticlimactic in terms of how worried I was ahead of time about what could happen or go wrong. But nothing bad has ever happened, it has all been fine.