Thread: It's Getting to be that time

It's Getting to be that time

It's getting to be that time of the year we all get dressed up to go partying for the holidays.

But this isn't about that. Some of us have cosmetics we may have bought last year or older. I have a friend who has a bad eye infection from old mascara. Almost lost her eye. We all don't use makeup everyday.

So I started looking at mine cosmetics. Some of them are 8 yrs old. I will get rid of them and by new.

I'm post this here hoping it doesn't moved so everyone will see it and be safe.

Now that said lets start planning some parties to go to.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Did the same thing myself several weeks ago.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Good point Glenda. I have some cosmetics that are probably at or near their use by date. An enforced absence from dressing will give me time for a good sort out.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Great advice Glenda!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

You don't often see a use by date on cosmetics and yet a lot of the waxy and liquid ones do deteriorate.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Since we're somewhat on the subject of mascara, can anybody recommend a good non-waterproof mascara?

What's the expiry for most cosmetics? Mine are all fairly new, but I do want to keep an eye on it

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    You don't often see a use by date on cosmetics and yet a lot of the waxy and liquid ones do deteriorate.
    Most cosmetics have a "use within x months of opening" logo on the label, but does anyone actually make a note of when they first opened a mascara, eye shadow or lipstick etc, indeed there is no really space on the labels to write the date.

There is probably an app for this sort of thing, if not then I thought of it first! Should I patent it?
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Platinum Member
    Good advice!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My wife told me to get new mascara every six months whether you need it or not.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Never really thought about this. My mascara must be two years old at least. Time to go shopping.

I had some Veet but hadn't used it for 5 years. Couldn't see a best before on it. Was told not to by my therapist when had legs done, so I did the right thing & chucked it.

Great advice! I have cosmetics that are more than 20 years old. The only advantage is that they won’t do me any harm since they are all dried up. Time to throw them all out and go shopping!!
    Tks

Occasional CD Alexandra Collins's Avatar
    Thank you, I wondered about this. My significant other told me makeup should last a long time. But since I only use it once or twice a month, it seems this is more of an issue compared to a woman who uses it everyday. Problem is there are so many different products, that to ever have to replace it all would be quite expensive!

Lipstick doesn't age especially well, and mascara should be rotated out regularly. 6 month's, tops. Other cream based products that you're not using on you eye, a little longer.

NVLady, I just love Maybeline Lash Discovery. It works well, it's inexpensive and features a slim brush, which I prefer.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 11-19-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    I just love Maybeline Lash Sensational. It works well, it's inexpensive and features a slim brush, which I prefer.
    Kelly aren't you talking about Maybeline Lash Discovery? That is what I use.

Aspiring Member
    Thank you Aunt Kelley, I'll have some in my Christmas stocking for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    Kelly aren't you talking about Maybeline Lash Discovery? That is what I use.
    You are correct Jeri Ann. "Sensational" is another product entirely.