Thread: Go put your earrings on

Go put your earrings on

Last night we were very proud parents and went to a graduation ceremony in which my daughter was receiving a award. I sometimes don't know how my kids feel about certain things we do, so as I was getting ready I took off my earrings. I was thinking maybe there will be pictures and I'm usally more head strong then this but I thought that maybe my daughter would be embarrassed of me.
    Well I couldn't be more wrong because I was backing up the car and my daughter was in the back seat and she asked me if I forget to put my earrings on, I told her no and explained why I took them off. She yelled out "STOP THE CAR" and she then told me to go inside and put on my earrings because her dad wears earrings and that's who I am. I wonder if I told her that her dad would have loved to be wearing the dresses that her and her mom were wearing if she would have sent me back in and told me to put on a dress. I must admit sometimes our kids shock us with there level of exceptiing, maybe one day I'll think about letting the cat out of the bag and see how exceptiing they really are.

What a great story thank you for sharing

ladydreamingdanish
    If earrings are a regular part of dressing whether dressing up or not, then that has become what is accepted of you. I have found that by gradually adding more feminine items in a very slow process, many do not notice or if they do, they don't say anything unless something drastic. I have seen many marriages and families breakup as the man all of a sudden told his SO or family about the dressing up. Sometimes the urging rises to tell everyone but if we want to protect our sanity and lifestyle, then those urges need to be self-controlled. Being discreet is the key with no negative implications.
    Because I live alone I can dress up anytime in the privacy of my own home but have to be careful when at work or at church. But nobody sees the feminine objects I wear under my clothes and the use of feminine health and beauty products. I even found that women's shaving cream gives a better shave than the male.

Platinum Member
    You have yet another reason to be a proud parent. The time will probably come. She’s a smart girl and may already have put two and two together.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Maria, what a nice story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Lord, I love earrings!
    Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

I'd wager she suspects more than you know I'd also wager that she'll accept and love you for who you are without it changing much at all. Sounds like you've raised a wonderful daughter!

Thank you for sharing. Stories like this give us hope.

During a busy spring and early summer, working 7 days a week, I had had no time to keep on top of the hair on my legs. So, when I went on holiday with my daughter and grandsons, my daughter, who had been accustomed from an early age to seeing me with smooth legs, reacted with a yuk, don't you shave your legs anymore. Yes, people become accustomed to your usual appearance and will question any abrupt change.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

As you say how accepting will your daughter be, she has obviously got used to seeing you with ear rings.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Lovely story. Me thinks she already knows far more than you think.