Thread: The holidays can be confusing and hazardous for closet dressers!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation The holidays can be confusing and hazardous for closet dressers!

I just returned from Thanksgiving at my married daughter's house where I had to be careful.

While telling stories to my step daughter and her partner, I mentioned Halloween events I had attended as Sherry. They know I dress but their 2 very young kids and her dad and 1/2 brother that were there don't! So, I couldn't mention my outfits or that there were T attendees at some.

Then, the next nite my other daughter was there knows, but her boyfriend doesn't. Nor does their aunt or her partner's 16 relatives who were there!

I found myself biting my tongue often! Good thing I don't drink a lot at these family events!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's the price one pays for living a double life.

I hope you had a good time in spite of it all.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I always tailor the story to suit the event.

It's called lying. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    You’ve got some amazing experiences to share. Amazing even if you edit them for young or less understanding listeners.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As we say in Ireland - never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

I think of myself as living two lives, but really I don’t. This is because I’m out and everyone knows.

You on the other hand do truly live two lives.

I see it as you are like this rock and roll star and all these people know is country.

It's not the "most wonderful time of the year". it is the absolute WORST!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I always tailor the story to suit the event.

It's called lying. :-)
    It's not lying! It's an omission of fact!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That is just too funny, Jean! But, it's also so TRUE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    -----------------------
    You on the other hand do truly live two lives.
    I see it as you are like this rock and roll star and all these people know is country.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!