Thread: Dresses and glam

Dresses and glam

Hiya, I like watching strictly come dancing, not so much for the dancing but to see what all the ladies are wearing and makeup . Anyone else similar and any other programmes that you like for the same reasons?
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I watch the wedding shows to keep abreast of what the latest fashion is these days.

There are a number of shows on TV like this and it helps keep the girlin me informed. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar

Strictly Come Dancing

I'm with you there Abbey, all that glitter and sparkle, Oh to have a makeover by the Strictly team.

I watch RuPaul's Drag Race only for the outfits and makeup I don't really care about the characters (Besides Alyssa Edwards. Who is awesome)

I used to do Ballroom Dancing. And love seeing what all the women were wearing from head to toe. Went out and bought some heels for dancing they have a strap around the ankle to keep them on while you dance.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I get nearly all my ideas of how to dress up from movies, newspapers, and magazines! Not TV, tho.

Saw someone famous wearing a dress similar to this in a magazine!
    P1160041 (590x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    i don't understand the term "strictly come dancing"
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Aspiring Member
    Hi Abbey
    Totally agree with you, love the show to see what the girls are wearing.
    Strictly Come Dancing is a knock out dancing competition featuring 'celebs' partnered with dance pros. I think there are version of the show in other countries.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Kelly, Strictly Come Dancing is a UK television show, that pairs celebrities with professional dancers. Each week one painting is eliminated with an eventual winner in a final of three coup less. Very popular and prime time TV. I understand that there is a US version but not sure of the name.
    Abbey, yes I do watch and admire some of the costumes and make up, although much of it is a bit OTT for me. Oh and this year I am hoping that Stacey wins!!

Sounds lke the American TV show Dancing with the Stars. My wife and I just started watching it regularly and it is great

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Like you I love it. Essential Saturday night viewing for my wife and I. Go Stacey

Asew: Dancing With The Stars is the US version of the same show which came later after they saw how successful the BBC version was (or so I understand). It has spread right around the world under that name. The Strictly Come Dancing title came from an amalgamation of a ballroom dancing competition programme called 'Come Dancing' and the Baz Luhrmanns brilliant film 'Strictly Ballroom'.

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar
    How was Ashley in the dance off?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Ah the strange ways of the voting public!

I just wish that they had made "What Not To Wear - Crossdresser". I'd love to have style tips from Stacey and a $500 Visa card and be turned loose in Manhattan to shop.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !