Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to meet other Girls

I adore the support group I attend. The girls are ever so nice and friendly. The only difficulty is that it is an hour or two away, and it is so difficult, and expensive, to attend, regularly. Sometimes I wish there were one or two "girls" near to me, who I can socialize with. That would be so adorable! It is so difficult to be alone as Roxanne, all of the time. A friend would be ever so valuable to me.
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Teresa some people need to get over their "social skills" anxiety excuse.
    They should have learned social skills growing up when going to school and playing with other kids.
    CDs are some of the most prolific excuse makers I know.
    There is only one way to make friends and that takes effort from the person looking for friends and no one else.
    If CDs piss and moan about not finding others like them to have as friends then who's fault is that?

PS I'm not being mean just being honest because how can things change if you don't institute the change?
    In other words don't expect the situation to miraculously change if you do nothing.

I would love to
    see a support group
    started in the Plains area of Texas .
    I have tryed to start one , no luck

I have ome good friend I met here through these forums. I don’t remember who reached out to who, but we noticed we had similar outlooks on a lot of issues and were somewhat close geographically so we just started talking via text message and now we’re thick as thieves. Have also met some of the forum sisters here at events. Just got to put yourself out there and start making contacts.

I similarly have a supportive wife and kids at home, so I found a monthly event at night that I go to and it has been great to dress and socialize with similar people.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    I get the drift , sometimes we do have new members who choose not to make the effort and then discover they hated the experience because no one spoke to them . OK some wonder if I do come up for air but that's just me but I do try and check out any new faces, not always easy as some are frozen to the spot ! Lets face it to some the experience of escaping out the front door , driving their car and then sitting dressed for the first time in front of some knock out girls is so far out of their comfort zone . Looking back I can see the value of taking the late night drive just to test the water .

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I was scared to get out and go to a support group meeting too and made up all kinds if excuses not to go for several months so I know the fears people have.
    I just wish people would be honest with themselves and the members here and just admit they are too scared to do it and stop making excuses of why they can't go and meet people.
    I think this is very true. If you're scared that's perfectly OK, you don't need any excuses. Meeting new people on purpose is tough.

I went to a local social group meetup a few times last year, nothing to do with CD, and I put it off so many times. I was nervous about meeting new people, having to find things to talk about, what they'd think of me and vice versa, and all that. I actually think that meeting other CDs would have been easier - at least we'd have something in common to break the ice!

I'm meeting someone from this site for the first time on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it, but also nervous. She seems lovely, but she could be a nutcase in person, or deadly boring. But then so could I - she's taking the same chance (I'm not nuts though - don't believe anything the voices in my head tell you). But screw it. That's just fear of the unknown and if you let that stop you you'd never do anything new.

Amanda....this is a very tough question and over the years, I have seen both sides... I grew up alone and without the internet, so there was little chance to meet someone with similar "tastes" unless you frequented the bars in NYC late at night along the "wrong side of the tracks". Back then we were limited, because there was no person to person contact, and I think that carried out to daily life for me. I am a bit older than you, in no way grandma, and I sometimes envy your generation, including you, Lisa11422, because it is much easier for you get be able to find someone to just talk with. However, there have been many online relationships that I tried to build with others, and they would just "die off" as usual because there is only so many things that you can talk about.

Of course, there were the "crazy" ones as well....leading you on and then WHAM! you get a strange request that makes you uncomfortable and you just ignore them. Maria also grew up with AOL, so we thankfully had messenger, and after many years, peoples lives change and we just don't speak to each other anymore...but that and yahoo messenger were the only things available to Maria to seek out friends.

Today, we have different places, support groups, and even this forum ... I had a couple of friends here, but they too phased themselves out, and many of the sisters that signed up years ago are no longer here, but their names still exist. it is truly sad, and yes, you can establish a friendship that has things other than just talking about your other self and try to get out and do other things. You may also meet the ones that talk, things seem to go well, and then after a couple of meetings, you just don't get a response....some girls are also in love with the idea and not the actual relationship....they also may want to experiment and are hung up on many different things....

It is very confusing, and I hope that you find someone to talk with and share just daily life.....

Hi Maria although the internet brought more info, definitely not easier.

Trying to meet a non sexual non insane sister friend on the internet never has and never will be a good way

Hell-o Amanda,
    Simply expressing an interest in going out and meeting with others was all it took for me.
    If you aren’t able to find the time for attending group meetings, I would try to find someone from
    this forum that you can connect with. You can sorta get an idea of what people are like from reading
    their posts. If you think you’ve found someone that can help you, ask them through PM’s to share additional
    contact info like an email or possibly a phone number.
    I think you’ll find that once you’ve gotten to know someone here that your conversations will be more ordinary than you might think. Sure you’ll talk about your CDing, but eventually, the more you get to know about someone the conversations become more about your everyday life things like family, work, hobbies etc.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Thank you. I read all replies and it seems like I have some work to do.
    Love the support from this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    How far are you from Denver. That's where I met the girl from this forum who hooked me up with her social group. That's where I went to dinner with a group of 15 girls, and then shopping at Maurice's.
    I am about 6 to 7 hours from Denver

I still have hope Lisa...because not all of us are "crazy" !!!! But if you cannot keep up a conversation on the phone or via messages/emails, then its destined not to be. You have to make sure that you are clear as to your "intentions" and one can only "lie" so much or for so long before everything collapses. I think that many of us are just looking for a friend, or as I call them, a sister to talk with that can understand and you too have to understand their feelings and thoughts....

Has anyone had luck with fetlife? I joined briefly a few years ago because a couple of CD friends who did my first makeover suggested it. But I found it was very sex driven and had a lot of people who were into other types of fantasies unrelated to crossdressing. They had some local groups that seemed like a good way to meet people but I got a bit of the creepy vibe from the lurkers there.

Banned Read only
    I also would like to meet other girls, there is a fairly decent size T community here for a small town, but it's rather cliquey and they seemed uninterested in an old lady like me hanging around.

Genderblur Francene Lola Dupree's Avatar
    I've always wanted to go out to BNO or Pink Punters TGirl night in the UK, i love the idea of getting all dolled up for a night out.
    Failing that i'd like to meet a crossdresser in drab for a coffee, a chat and some shopping
    xXx