Thread: Reverse purge

Reverse purge

Today I attended a clothing swap for trans and gender diverse people. I dropped off two large leaf bags of clothes and left with only one skirt for myself. Half of what I donated was almost all that remained of my male wardrobe - suits, dress shirts, and slacks that I will never again wear, now that I have committed to full MtF transition. The other bag was various stuff weeded from my female wardrobe - mostly items purchased in pink fog mode, then seldom if ever chosen to wear.

It was an incredibly liberating feeling, letting go of those male clothes!

Brilliant. I gotta keep my eye out for one of those. Make more room for pretty things.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Ah yes, pink fog purchases. I have a few of those

An interesting gathering, it would be good to get amongst everyone there and swap stories.

Let alone the clothing choice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    It was an incredibly liberating feeling, letting go of those male clothes!
    This feeling alone makes for a special day! "Nice!"
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Congratulations Ceera!!

Ceera, good for you. My local meetup has a swap as well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That's what I need! I just ordered some more frillies on-line this morning! Whatever is Roxanne going to do with this stuff? Yes, I need to find swap meet, or something, too!
    Roxanne, Drowning in Dresses
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

LoL Roxanne! I have a large walk-in closet, two on-the-door shoe racks that cover the entire door surface, and three large dressers with 6 to 12 drawers each, plus 6 large storage tubs and 4 under bed storage drawers, all stuffed with my female wardrobe! A cisgender lady friend visited a while back, and when she saw inside my closet, she commented that I had a much larger selection of clothes than she has!

There's a local Clothing Swap meetup group near me that I've been attending for maybe 10 years now. The swap is for women's clothes only, and most of the participants are GGs. However, there's always a small group of TG/CDs, and this time there were 4 of us, all girls that I know. There's always one girls who volunteers for setting up the swap, and one of the co-organizers is full time, and has been for some time.

I love going there because we're just another girl to all the GGs there. I've had many great experiences being considered one of the girls.

Obviously we're well accepted there, particularly by the other co-organizer. She told me that one time a couple of the GGs complained about us girls being there. The organizer told them if they didn't like it they could leave and not bother coming back.

The reason I got on this is that it's a reverse purge. I always end up taking back more than I brought, even if I do take some clothes back the next time I go.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My big focus this time was to make room for new clothes, and to dump pretty much all of my remaining male clothes. I did keep two male Scottish kilt outfits, and a few slacks and polo shirts that will still look good on a woman. But all my male business wear - suits, dress shirts, and the like - is gone for good, now.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Sounds like a great idea.

Out of curiosity, which Scottish clans were the kilt tartans?
    Life is too short to be boring.

I am part of Clan MacKay by heritage, on my mother’s side, and I have a few tams, scarves and ties in their tartan, and various clan badge pins. But I was never able to afford a proper kilt in their tartan. So one is the all-black ‘preacher’s kilt’, and the other is a modern ‘party kilt’ in shades of grey and black. I used to wear them with one of the scarves draped like a sash. (Photo from July 2012, the month I started experimenting with under-dressing, and about two years before I started seriously and publicly cross dressing. Hard to believe that was me, isn’t it?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 11-20-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    That's awesome... I have lineage to a number of clans... trying to decide which one to hang out with next May at the Smoky Mountain Games. I was looking at a woman's kilt in the Black Watch of Clan Campbell, one of my more dominant lines.
    Life is too short to be boring.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    You did make a fine looking Scotsman.Of course you should invest in Tartan dress keep your heritage alive with you.Just love when folks celebrate their family origins

Saving up myself for ready made dress in my Clan Tartan from here www.scotlandshop.com

Dophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson