Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we be seeing more tolerance/acceptance......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Will we be seeing more tolerance/acceptance......

.....because of a younger generation of gender travelers and their more considerate view of transgenderism in society?
    The generation before me (really effin' old) were demonized and labled if discovered outside the approved gender confines.
    Mine not so much. And nowadays, I barely get acknowledged when clocked. There is a wonderful air of acceptance out there.
    A lot of times it's corporate mandated politeness but I find that people generally don't care what you wear.

I think it's getting better for us. How do you feel?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I live in NYC. The Trans and CD presence is more visible. I probably see people in various states of transition and dress on a daily basis. Of course, it's more accepting here and I wish it was the same in other states and cities. But I feel the movement happening! As for me, I get to dress twice a week to therapy and back. It's baby steps and I hope to join the others in public...soon.

Hi, Donna Sassan,
    Welcome to our community. You sound like you will be a regular contributor here.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I think that just as we (of a certain age) lived through times when homosexuality became more accepted as mainstream, I see our children's generation viewing transgender issues in a much more positive light.

Whether that would include their parents is a moot point

Yes, I can sense it as well. It is just not what it used to be. I just wish the feeling will move outside of urban areas and slide into the more "small town" and rural environment. I lived in an era of being chastised, hated if you even thought of crossdressing, and now, well, it is so prevelant. I just hope I will be around when I can put on my pretty dress and heels, and take a leisurely stroll through my neighborhood! How I wish for that day! I want to show everyone how much I love being Roxanne!

Roxanne Lanyon, Forever!
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    One question , do you feel your passing skills are better ?

Doing it on a daily basis passing , being read or clocked hardly figures with me , what people actually see as I walk passed them is hard to say , I feel so normal I don't see people looking as anything negative . I have to say these thoughts or experiences are spread right through the age groups, genders and most types of environments .

Aspiring Member
    I think that the simple answer to this is yes, we will. There have been many changes for the better over the course of our lifetime.

Reality Check
    I think you will see what you want to see.
    Krisi

I believe that in some places there is more acceptance, then you see that three trans women have been killed in Jacksonville FL this year. But I have hope for the future.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I live in a very liberal city (sometimes called the San Francisco of the midwest!) and have never had a bad experience while out and about - nothing more than a double take or someone taking a longer look than would be considered normal. I sincerely hope that the rest of the world could catch up to the "Mad City"

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes, I think we have entered a new phase of some acceptance. As one who dresses mostly non binary now and in makeup
    most days, I really see little if anyone paying much attention to me or making comments, that’s not to say once I’m out of
    earshot that some negitve comment is made but yes I think most just don’t care. I also am beyond caring what others think
    I’m me and nobody lives my life or in my shoes. So I do hope people are coming around and realize we are all just people
    different shapes, sizes and dress and looks.

It all depends on the individuals , or groups of people. Some are very disgusted, some are tolerant, some look the other way. Some will want to hurt of kill us, in some cultures. Most are indifferent, or will talk about us after we are out of earshot. Some will like us.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 11-20-2018 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Discussion of religion of any sort is not permitted and will be deleted

I push the boundaries every day babe. the want is my end!

It's improving!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    I think there has been considerable progress on the coasts and in larger cosmopolitan areas. Unfortunately, my travels through the heartland have not been very heartening. Still lots of people with hangups, although I have never felt threatened or unsafe. Progress!

Most definately, one only has to watch television and see a greater prevalence of documentaries and dramas addressing all sorts of gender issues and also bringing out and making more people aware that these issues being addressed in this way are bringing about a huge change in peoples acceptance.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I think yes, and no. In some cultures yes, and in some, we are tortured or killed if found out.

I’m afraid I have to agree with Monica, with one qualification.
    The way that populations have been shifting means that the areas where we are not very welcome will probably increase in physical size and will get less welcoming ... but those areas represent smaller and smaller portions of the population because of the constant migration of people to urban areas, which tend to be more welcoming (and the unwelcoming people who move to those welcoming areas either moderate their dislike of us, or their kids do). This population shift is not just in the US, western Europe certainly has it too.

Fran

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The current political situation is not very LGBT friendly. But, that will pass. Meanwhile, the fact that all Americans hear and see more about trans every day.

I feel that constant stream of info is a positive influence. Since trans don't do seem to bad things in public, that is helping to normalize things for most of us!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Damn, I thought it was just me getting better with make-up.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I think there is more acceptance/tolerance than there was 50 years ago, but there is still a long way to go to get 100% acceptance.

I remember growing up as a kid there was a gentleman that wore a woman's coat and some even said a bra (I never saw it). I never made fun of him, but my friends did but never to his face. Back then I didn't understand who I was because I was around 10 years old. My friends now don't fully accept the trans/crossdress but I don't hear them laughing at them any more.

In movies and TV crossdressers were used as a comic relief, but now you can see an occasional crossdresser in a positive role in movies and TV.

I don't ever expect to see where I would be fully accepted where I live, but I hear that in bigger cities they are beginning to be accepted.

There is hope, so never give up.

The world may be falling apart in other places but the acceptance trail is improving in my view.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I guess there will be more acceptance as time goes by.
    In the UK, homosexuality was illegal until 1967, and even then, it had to be kept private and you had to be over 21.
    Now, we get gay pride marches and open displays of homosexuality.
    Gender reassignment is quite common, and it's not the weird thing it used to be.
    So CDing must become more acceptable eventually.

Tolerance and acceptance babe?

My community accepts me as a volunteer cook, who else will
    cook for the homeless!

Do they accept me as a CD? I may ask that question when next picking someone from the gutter!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Let's please keep politics and bashing anyone out please.
    Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    Thank you Alice.
    I hear a lot here saying that they are seeing increased acceptance / tolerance over time by the general public.
    That is what is important, not what laws are passed by politicians.
    Changes come slowly through a change of heart by the populace.
    That appears to be happening.
    This is good.
    I understand the sentiment but in reality it's not possible to separate public opinion from politics, and political action is an important driver of cultural change. We would not have seen the repeal of Section 28 in the UK without it, for example.

We are also seeing a trend in policy making away from equality and respect in many countries, including the US and some countries in Europe which I don't think reflects the way most people feel.

No excuse for any bashing though

FAIR Warning
    Let’s get back to the topic at hand.
    Will we be seeing more tolerance/acceptance?

Answer without religion or politics- re read the rules if needed.
    No personal back and forth take it to pm.

Will we be seeing more tolerance/acceptance?

This will sadly have to be closed if this continues
    Last edited by Di; 11-20-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator