Thread: All dressed up and nowhere to go

All dressed up and nowhere to go

Once again alone in my hol home in Lancaster, googled local area, nowhere to go, nearest Blackpool, 40 mins drive there. But would like to have a drink, so that's a no no, so will sit here smiling and be grateful that I can dress. Why do I always want more?

Reality Check
    You're dressed so now you're a "woman" with no place to go. That's not so unusual. Pour yourself a drink and turn on the TV or read a book.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Debs, I realise that it's probably the real hit that you're after when it comes to having a drink, but in these circumstances even I'd go for a Virgin Mary cocktail or such like. It's got to be better than staying in?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Walk the beach.

Debs, if you are actually in Lancaster, there is a lovely park there, sorry can't remember the name, that has the most wonderful butterfly house. It's so restful in there, and on a cool day, nice and warm.
    Kaye

Just do whatever you’d normally do in men’s clothes! It doesn’t always have to be a whole production.

Debs,

I'm willing to wager that somewhere not too far away will be a nice hotel with a restaurant open to non-residents. Last Friday night I put on a lace dress, new shoes and dined out in such a place. True I was driving so no alcohol but I made do with soft drinks. After eating I sat with a drink in the lounge for a while just watching the world go by. As Micki says, just do what you'd do in drab.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yes holiday homes can be a long walk from a place of gathering at night.

Just go out and survey the surroundings.

I would have thought Lancaster would not be that quiet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Debs,

I think Helen makes a very good suggestion. Hotel bars are generally quiet restrained places. Nobody should bother you, though avoid weddings and works dos, so dial that taxi.

Thank you for all your replies, I do go out shopping in Lancaster, but it would be nice to sit and have a chat with someone, going in an unknown pub is a nono for me, and believe it or not there are no gay bars in Lancaster as I would walk into one of them, but Helen, you've hit the nail on the head, there is a residential resteraunt at the top of the road, and it says open to non residents, I will survey in male mode, and see if its suitable, can't see there being any idiots in there

Aspiring Member
    Debs, another idea for you - any of the myriad of teashops and the like in such places as Windermere, Bowness, Ambleside or even Keswick. And if it's real excitement that you're looking for you could visit the cafe at Low Sizergh Barn and watch the cows being milked

Wow Charlotte, that thought exited me beyond belief!!!!!, lol

Debs,

Further to Charlotte's suggestion why not combine a bit of shopping and a light lunch in one of the big stores like M&S, Debenhams, that have cafes. I've ended up chatting to both fellow customers and staff.

Aspiring Member
    You know what Helen, you've just put me in mind of a great day out, which combines your suggestion of retail therapy and a café with my earlier ideas of places near to Lancaster - a visit to the first floor café at Lakeland (you know the kichenwear company), flagship shop at Windermere.

As it happens that's actually such a great idea that I'm going to have to do that trip myself!! It's the kind of trip that the wife would like too

See https://www.lakeland.co.uk/stores/wi...rst-floor-cafe for details

and https://www.lakeland.co.uk/content/d...enu-sample.pdf for a sample menu

Charlotte,

That looks very chic. That calls for a skirt, no leggings!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I remember the cakes being delicious at Low Sizergh Barn Charlotte, and Lake Land is a great suggestion, think we will have to try it too.

Thank you girls, some great ideas I will be following up on