Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we be seeing more tolerance/acceptance......

The world may be falling apart in other places but the acceptance trail is improving in my view.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I believe that in some places there is more acceptance, then you see that three trans women have been killed in Jacksonville FL this year. But I have hope for the future.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I live in a very liberal city (sometimes called the San Francisco of the midwest!) and have never had a bad experience while out and about - nothing more than a double take or someone taking a longer look than would be considered normal. I sincerely hope that the rest of the world could catch up to the "Mad City"

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes, I think we have entered a new phase of some acceptance. As one who dresses mostly non binary now and in makeup
    most days, I really see little if anyone paying much attention to me or making comments, that’s not to say once I’m out of
    earshot that some negitve comment is made but yes I think most just don’t care. I also am beyond caring what others think
    I’m me and nobody lives my life or in my shoes. So I do hope people are coming around and realize we are all just people
    different shapes, sizes and dress and looks.

It all depends on the individuals , or groups of people. Some are very disgusted, some are tolerant, some look the other way. Some will want to hurt of kill us, in some cultures. Most are indifferent, or will talk about us after we are out of earshot. Some will like us.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 11-20-2018 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Discussion of religion of any sort is not permitted and will be deleted

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Lygophilia, means 'love of darkness'.... not a feminine name. Why did you choose it? Curious.
    And what's with the evil avatar?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I think there is more acceptance/tolerance than there was 50 years ago, but there is still a long way to go to get 100% acceptance.

I remember growing up as a kid there was a gentleman that wore a woman's coat and some even said a bra (I never saw it). I never made fun of him, but my friends did but never to his face. Back then I didn't understand who I was because I was around 10 years old. My friends now don't fully accept the trans/crossdress but I don't hear them laughing at them any more.

In movies and TV crossdressers were used as a comic relief, but now you can see an occasional crossdresser in a positive role in movies and TV.

I don't ever expect to see where I would be fully accepted where I live, but I hear that in bigger cities they are beginning to be accepted.

There is hope, so never give up.

Hi, Donna Sassan,
    Welcome to our community. You sound like you will be a regular contributor here.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Political Correctness, our leaders setting an example and our multinationals following suit.
    My work partner is Trans and if anyone takes exception in the work place, it could cost them their jobs.

So if you want a culture change, starting at the top makes it easy.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    I guess there will be more acceptance as time goes by.
    In the UK, homosexuality was illegal until 1967, and even then, it had to be kept private and you had to be over 21.
    Now, we get gay pride marches and open displays of homosexuality.
    Gender reassignment is quite common, and it's not the weird thing it used to be.
    So CDing must become more acceptable eventually.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    And what's with the evil avatar?
    It's the mascot for Disturbed's band "The Guy", was originally just a drawing of a face with a large grin, as seen on the back of the album "The Sickness".

He's been used in many albums since that lived up to the band's name, but he was used as a symbol of freedom from the classic "Land Of Confusion" and "The Vengeful One".

Tolerance and acceptance babe?

My community accepts me as a volunteer cook, who else will
    cook for the homeless!

Do they accept me as a CD? I may ask that question when next picking someone from the gutter!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Let's please keep politics and bashing anyone out please.
    Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    Thank you Alice.
    I hear a lot here saying that they are seeing increased acceptance / tolerance over time by the general public.
    That is what is important, not what laws are passed by politicians.
    Changes come slowly through a change of heart by the populace.
    That appears to be happening.
    This is good.
    I understand the sentiment but in reality it's not possible to separate public opinion from politics, and political action is an important driver of cultural change. We would not have seen the repeal of Section 28 in the UK without it, for example.

We are also seeing a trend in policy making away from equality and respect in many countries, including the US and some countries in Europe which I don't think reflects the way most people feel.

No excuse for any bashing though

FAIR Warning
    Let’s get back to the topic at hand.
    Will we be seeing more tolerance/acceptance?

Answer without religion or politics- re read the rules if needed.
    No personal back and forth take it to pm.

Will we be seeing more tolerance/acceptance?

This will sadly have to be closed if this continues
    Last edited by Di; 11-20-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

One just has to read all the "nothing happened" days out amongst the muggles threads, that appear here frequently, to know that in civilised society there is definitely more acceptance and tolerance, possibly because most people are so wrapped up in what they are doing themselves.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

IMO we will never be accepted. We are tolerated at best. I would even go as far to ay the Gay community are still in the same boat.

Never confuse acceptance with tolerance. x

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Can only speak for the UK and more specifically Scotland,I'm most cetainly of the opinion that tolerance and acceptance levels are improving,I mean if you showed any sign of being less than a real man (their definition of it)up here in years gone by,wasn't thought of well.

Since taking my first tentative steps out and about I can honestly say negative experiences have lessened for me,Yeah of course there's still those that will stare,comment etc,I'm not that naive but in a second there gone and I don't give them a second thought,I'll go about my business and the other 99% will be too busy getting on with theirs to bother with me.

I also think more positive media has helped Trans issues with storylines in series such as Hollyoaks,Just a Girl and Waterloo Road helping get the message across.Long way to a world without prejudice of course but in my part of the world I believe it's improving

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

t-girlxsophie, I too am from Scotland but do not agree with your post. But that is the joy of life, having different points of view. x

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Well Vicky we must be going out on different days then your right of course be boring if we agreed on everything
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Last week when i was out shopping a 20 something girl said- whoa- great outfit! Can I take a picture of it? She got up to look- is it a dress? Where did you get it? Ok- I'll tag the photo for Goodwill! She was happy and so was I. Otherwise, I had normal friendly chats with shopkeepers- no tension at all. I am sure I am not the first CD they have seen, and it is simply not an issue.

I feel total acceptance when out, and I am genderqueer in presentation. People have to adjust for a few seconds, and it can only be easier for everyone else! If you don't have a job or SO or social group to worry about, just go out- it is fine.
    We are all beautiful...!

Reality Check
    Men and women have been dressing differently since the beginning of recorded history. It's the same for all cultures, from the jungle to high society. I think it's naïve to believe this will suddenly change during our lifetime.

Now if you wish, you can wear clothes that are not gender specific, at least in western culture. I wear jeans and denim shorts from the women's section. I wear them as a male because they fit and feel better. They don't have sequins or fancy embellishments, they are just slimmer cut jeans. Sneakers are acceptable as men's or women's as long as they are not pink. And of course both men and women can wear tee shirts.

Some cities have a section where "anything goes" but in general, society expects men to dress as men and women to dress as women. Some religions demand that.

Men wearing artificial boobs and hips and wigs and attempting to pass as women has a very long way to go. I suspect that's the line most people won't cross.
    Last edited by Krisi; 11-26-2018 at 09:43 AM.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Men wearing artificial boobs and hips and wigs and attempting to pass as women has a very long way to go. I suspect that's the line most people won't cross.
    But my experience says that whilst that still happens nowadays some of us are happy to embrace the two sides of our identity be out in the world. People are becoming more aware and this is promoting acceptence. It won't change fully in my lifetime, but as time passes the two gender binary system is breaking down. Yes, there will always be people at each end of the spectrum, but the bridge in the middle will get more crowded.

It's definitely getting better. At least in Western countries.
    I mean, this comes out of experience. I put pictures of mine all dressed up on Tinder, and ladies, this was the most time I ever talked to girls on Tinder. I talked to at least 4 or 5 girls, plus like 10 more who connected with me.
    Most were like what are you wearing and why? They were curious not grossed out.
    One woman was REALLY into that shit.
    She said she would visit my country and we would go out together while I was dressed.
    If I ever had gotten to meeting her, then I would definitely have gone out with her dressed up!
    There are still unaccepting homo/transphopes who really don't like us or what we do. A couple of ex friends of mine are like that.
    However I think most people in the West are like whatever, do what you want.