Thread: Lost my me time this week

Lost my me time this week

I usually make Sundays my Nikki time. Due to having to help my friends out this weekend by driving down to NYC and pick up my friend's mom from the VA hospital (her husband had Knee surgery and she didn't want to drive alone). I missed out on my time and boy do I realize now how much I missed it. Also I know that if I had my usual Sunday, I would have gone to church and then a bunch of us were going to the Chinese buffet.
    Actually all the people I was with all know about and have seen Nikki. But since I stayed over at their house the night before and we were going to try to get an early start and I was going to a VA hospital. I didn't feel like bringing everything I would need to pretty up nor did I want to hog up their only bathroom.
    I did my good deed, which makes me feel good, but I am beginning to realize that Nikki is truly a part of me and it's not so easy to just say no anymore. Good thing, the mom asked if Nikki wanted to join them at a holiday buffet and show. I did say no because it is in the town that I work and I'd know too many people that I really don't want to know about this side of me. But let me retire and then I'll really give them something to talk about LOL.
    Not really a post, kind of a frustrated rant. But not every post can be brilliant and thought provoking.

Also loving my weekend mornings for me time, but if I miss to many, I start to get grumpy and wife tells me to girl up and go shopping.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I use to dress every Saturday and when someone would come over or ask for help on Saturday it would really make me bum out!
    I told a friend who wanted to get coffee every Saturday that I liked to sleep to 1:00 PM on Saturdays.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Hell-o Nikki,
    I quit counting how many Sundays I’ve had to cancel!
    I’m sure that good deed made your friend, and the parents,
    appreciate having you in their life.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I've stayed at my friends house when the weather has been bad or I lost power. We work together and she lives a lot closer to work. I've also been to her husband's parents house for many events and I felt that if I could help I should. I was just surprised at how much I missed not having a chance to dress this past weekend.

It can be frustrating to lose that valuable little bit of me time.

Over time you may get a little more each week and it may not be as precious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think Nikki has earned a makeover. Or a new dress. Or something.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Having time to oneself is never a sure thing. Even as a retiree I have had my plans totally tossed to the wind because something came up. My wife is not appreciative of my Stephanie side. She still works full days when a job comes her way that suits her. There are times when that ends up coinciding with something I had already planned that was not being en femme. A blown opportunity. Then, when I have Stephanie time on the books something else crops up.

Once you retire you should have more time to indulge, although plans can and will be blown.

Patience, it wasn't a total loss. My Friend had 2 bags of clothes that were given to her by our boss's wife. I ended up with a pair of pants, blouse and a nightgown that all fit. My friend is a small and I am anything but (the wife is in between). So we had a little try on session to see what worked for both of us.

Sorry to hear about the missed opportunity, but one door closes and another opens. Good on you for helping friends. We want and need them to support us too.

I get quite a bit of time since the kids have gone off to school and their lives, so plans gone awry happen, but usually don't affect me too much. As I get older and continue to understand this side of me, I do feel more comfortable with the notions. But with a DADT wife and society that's still not ready, I stay in, enjoy my fem time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Love, Kathleen