Thread: thought I was busted

Aspiring Member

thought I was busted

I went in to Lane Bryant this morning, in drab. There stood my sister in-law, so I thought, I just froze. I didn't know what to do or what to say. With my heart ponding I realized she didn't recognize me, then realized that it wasn't her. She look so much like her I don't know if my brother would have realized as first glance. Scared the crap out if me. My brother and sister in-law would not react well to my dressing. not that they would shun me, but it would be very awkward for a few months.
    Now I find it pretty funny.

Sara

I'm sure you felt relieved when you realized you were in the clear.

Since there’s always a risk you’ll run into someone you know when dressed (just a matter of time, really), start working on what you'll say when it finally happens. Or at least prepare for the worst.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I have had face to face interactions with people that knew me, but dressed I looked so different, I had the crap scared out of me so many times I felt I was crap free for a while.

I was much younger then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I definitely agree with Patience, prepare for the inevitable, including coming out if you can. Costume party always works .... for a while! Glad you survived. An experience like that helps you prepare for the next time.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Well it is that time of the year in which a “shopping for your wife’s gift” explanation would not raise an eyebrow

Too funny. Just a little bit of panic?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Surely u jest, Sara? You've never thot of a story of why you're in a women's store? There could be countless reasons. Just go over them ahead of time depending on who sees u!

I was caught back in the day with a basket of women's clothes in a Goodwill by my ex's besty!
    "Oh hi, Joyce! Nice to see u! What r u doing in a Goodwill? I'm just here buying some things for my sister's women's charity gift challenge."
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I do have a story for shopping for my wife and she will back stop it if anyone asks or said they saw me. But I new my sister in-law was at work and it just freaked me out.
    I thought I was more prepared for something like this.
    Sara

Christmas season is a good time to shop. You can say anything.

Silver Member
    If she was in the store all you have to do is tell her you thought you would say hi.