Thread: Here's a question for you

Aspiring Member

Here's a question for you

If Grayson Perry can go to Buckingham Palace and be presented with a CBE by Prince Charles (no 2 in the Royal Family), whilst he, Grayson Perry that is, not Prince Charles, is wearing a formal blue dress, and Eddie Izzard (wearing a black skirt suit) can go to York Minster and be presented with an honorary doctorate by the Archbishop of York (No 2 in the church of England), then why should it matter if anyone else decides to wear ladies clothes? If that's not the Establishment saying cross dressing is ok, then I don't know what is.

But would it play in Peoria?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member
    Maybe not, but fortunately for me, York is nearer than Peoria (I had to look it up )

It doesn't automatically mean that the royals support dressing. More that it would be a PR nightmare for them to refuse anyone to attend like that.

Platinum Member
    I’d be willing to submit that the Archbishop and Prince Charles are considerable more aware of and experienced with human diversity than the average person. It would be nice if the average joe were able to see beyond the limits of their experience.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    If it's not OK they make a law against it and last time I looked they hadn't. Good examples though. I love Grayson and his art. His latest book, 'The Descent Of Man' should be required reading by all schoolkids before the testosterone starts to flow. Work of genius.

More than one member of the Royal family was into dressing in the past, alledgedly!
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    To quote a line from Star Trek..."to boldly go where no man has gone before". These two individuals were bold and got noticed for their effort. Some are bold, and some are not, who am I to judge why one person is and another isn't. We all just need to do what we can to make our world a better place. They may have brought CDing in a little closer to the centre with their boldness.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Acceptance of such types as Grayson and Izzard, (who I share my birthday with by the way) is certainly encouraging, and recently on a UK quiz show (Tenable) we had a team of drag queens. Even a few adverts now have LGBT characters in them, which bodes well for the future.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

All this is very interesting but where in the USA deep south does Cross Dressing play well?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never had a problem in the deep south and I have seen plenty of CDers in the deep south.
    Often wonder why the Royal family are such a big deal they hold no power and haven't for a long time.
    Status maybe but thats it.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-21-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte ,
    Royalty like most others in the UK have now to be politically correct in public , what they think behind closed doors we may never know . The alternative view could be seen as the celebs you mentioned are just making a fashion statement but then behind Royalty closed doors we dodn't know how much TG issues surface , it doesn't have any social barriers , just possibly public ones behind those closed doors .

Lets not also forget it is now recognised and accepted in the armed forces and in the Police force .

As for the clergy , some have accused them of being Cders for years !
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-21-2018 at 04:27 PM.

I live near Peoria and no it would not play here
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

You could probably wear a T shirt and shorts, and be who you are.

No one would bat an eyelid in these circumstances, that is except the people with similar views to yourself and wish to make an issue of it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ah-May-Lee
    I guess if a pussy went to see the Queen then the Queen seeing a cd wouldn't be too much of a deal.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I've been out and about in Peoria many times. No problems!

- Diane

Great to hear, Diane! I expect Chicago also, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    Maybe not, but fortunately for me, York is nearer than Peoria (I had to look it up )
    It's a figure of speech. I visited York briefly once. I used to live in Leeds.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Don't let the establishment fool you,and that includes that lot at Buckingham Palace,theres many a secret behind those doors.I mean having blue blood doesn't make you perfect,despite what they like you to think

Met Grayson Perry when he was doing a documentary,partly filmed at CD weekend a few years back,he was a really interesting fellow

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 11-22-2018 at 01:27 AM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Because Grayson Perry and Eddie Izzard are their crossdressers. They're OK because they know them. It's all the other crossdressers who they view as weird. I've been in several rooms where people say horrible things about Jewish people and then look over at me and say, "we don't mean you. You're OK."

It's a question I've asked myself, having followed Grayson Perry's recent writings. I think both himself and Eddie Izzard are seen primarily as artists and eccentrics, which makes their crossdressing somehow more acceptable. It's doesn't follow, sadly, that it's then seen as OK for 'normal' folks. Grayson's life story is similar to many of those related here (apart from the fame bit of course) and I wish more people would read his books and understand better the reality of crossdressing. He's also on an interesting BBC podcast - search for "the why factor crossdressing".

Aspiring Member
    I agree Rachel, I thnk that "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Girl" is a very good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    If that's not the Establishment saying cross dressing is ok, then I don't know what is.
    Nonesense.