Thread: Wednesday - the new normal

Aspiring Member

Wednesday - the new normal

This will be the last of these updates that I post in this vein because, as the title says, this is now the new normal.

The other evening me (drab) and the wife were out for an evening meal in a town an hour or so away and as we walked from where we parked the car to the restaurant, we passed a small, independent craft studio. In the window was the perfect thing for the wife's Yule present.

So, today, I took a long lunch, headed up hill, down dale, through snow (ok only a smattering, but the first snow of winter).

Yes I had this planned as I was able to park around the corner and pop in. This was to be my first time out in a town centre in daylight and my first interaction with someone outside while dressed. But, I thought a small craft studio in a small town with a bohemian reputation was as safe a place to start as anywhere.

I drove there, I couldn't park where I had in mind as there weren't any spaces. I had to park on a main road with cars passing both ways, but I didn't flinch, I got out the car and confidently walked to and entered the shop.

The thing was still there and only cost half as much as I thought it would be (I couildn't see the price the other night), so it was a bargain as well. But most importantly, the owner, and, as it happens, the lady who made the thing I was buying (who happened to come in while I was there) were great too. We were just three people having a convestion about things, not a bother, not a care in the world. Of course they knew I am trans, as I've always said, I wouldn't pass at 100 yards, but that didn't matter. They just accepted me as me, a trans person, and you know, I've decided that's what I want, I want to be a trans person. I don't have to pass, I have to blend, but there are degrees of blending. This is where the scales have fallen from my eyes, accpeting that to myself. To take a recent analogy of a river with a male bank, a female bank and a non binary bridge linking the two, well, I'm not on either bank but I'm happy to be anywhere on the bridge, sometimes it'll be nearer the left bank, sometimes, the right bank. but mostly, I'm going to be in the middle, and live life midstream. And knowing that it what has changed, knowing that has made me the complete person.

So, that's that then. I think that I can now consder myself to be free, my fears are vanquished (I realise that it won't all be plain sailing) but each time I go out, it get's easier and as I say, just normal. A short while ago I said that I had a plan of how I would change from being closeted and to get out and about and I've more or less stuck to it. The thing is though, I didn't think that it would all be done in just over a week. But that's great.

I'm now able to go out and about fully dressed more or less as and when I want (within the realms of logical safety), I'm able to go out and about dressed all in female (carefully selected jeans/trousers, tops and the like) but with an androgynous presentation just about anywhere.

I'm a happy girl

Thanls you crossdressers.com - in just over a year, you really have changed my life

Charlotte,
    Please come and visit and tell us how well you are progressing.

Good to hear such a positive response to your life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

it's been a pleasure watching your posts an progress. A beginning, a middle and a very happy ending in as little as week. It's nice to be comfortable with our selves and it sounds like you are.

Congratulations, Happy Holiday.

Sincerely;
    Lisa
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

I didn’t realize going out meant you had graduated this site. : You seem happy and if you feel like you’ve gotten all you can from here then congrats and wish you well going forward.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar

I knew you were up to something today my dear, I just knew it. E-mail me all the details!

By the way fellow readers, I don't think Charlotte meant this was her last post, just the last update on the 'plan' (you know the plan that was going to take ages but ended up taking only a week). I wish my long term plans could do that, mine take at least 4 times longer than expected!

-------------------

I can't tell you how pleased I am that you have found your happy place on 'the bridge' Charlotte. I'm hanging around the feminine side of the middle at the moment so I'll keep an eye out for you . Now all I want you to do is prove my theory that once one knows their true place on the non-binary bridge they become a happy sole and a happy sole is a better person to live with and has deeper and more meaningful relationships with those they know and love. I'll be asking your wife for an update in a few months. Until then, keep smiling.
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 11-21-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph.

New normals can be great. I also love the way you recounted the experience. I felt like I was there with you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I think Daisy is correct about Charlotte and that she will not leave us. Heck, there are always things to learn here and of course in life. Crissy

Aspiring Member
    Oops, yes Daisy's correct. This isn't my "last post and chorus", it's the last of the updates on my plan because I consider my paln to be complete. I've plenty more to say But I thought that it would get a bit boring if all my posts were just about me, and about how I'd been out again. You don't get rid of me that easily

But most importantly I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who durning the last year has played their part, however small, in putting me, dressed, in a craft shop talking about hares and the like and nobody (especially me) caring one jot as to how I was dressed.

A year ago, such a thing was unthinkable
    Last edited by Charlotte7; 11-21-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Charlotte, that is an inspiring post. Your very last line could have been written by me, as it was joining here that gave me the encouragement to leave the house and get out there. I hope many more follow us.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Charlotte: I love your story. I think your analogy is great.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    Congratulations on finally getting into an interaction , some are easier than others , I guess crowded High Streets can be a little daunting , I do find while waiting at pedestrian crossings is one of those occasions when you do get looked over , I just go with the flow .

While you say this chapter is closing in some respects you are moving onto the next one , how far do you need or want to go ? Helen Highwater talked about the supermarket shop , that can be fun or it can go pear shaped , I've found the experience in my GP's surgery interesting but not too scary as was going to an X-ray dept dressed . I just keep ticking each one off with two boxes , " Good " or " Bad " so far all are ticked good .

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Charlotte you sound much like my revelation over the past year, I am who I am, I’m not hiding it behind my doors anymore
    And yes like you I’m happy with that, as one of my counselors once told me it’s the other persons problem if they don’t like
    it so, I’m going to be me.
    Happy for you

Glad it's not your last post! I want to read about more stories like this!

Way to go Charlotte!

Every one should be happy in their own skin no matter how they get there! I'm glad your journey has brought you to your goal. Now on to the next great journey!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Your plan has reached its conclusion,and may I add my delight that it has been achieved so quickly and happily.Glad your not leaving as I'm sure there's other plans to embark on for you.Your so right too that getting out becomes much easier and experiences too become more varied

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Charlotte,
    That is just a great feeling isn't it?, To just be who you are while doing your everyday out and about things.
    I look forward to hearing more from you.