Thread: And to round it all off

And to round it all off

Last night of Helen's little expedition. I had planned to wear a blue lace dress and strappy heels for the night out on Wednesday in Manchester but that didn't pan out.

So while thinking about what to wear for tonights dining out I realised I could pair the dress with my new kitten heeled slingbacks. Slightly too dressy for the venue but someone has to maintain standards.

So new shoes and new wig, feeling glam. Had a nice 2 course meal finishing off sitting in the hotel lounge sipping a (non alcoholic) drink before driving back to my holiday home.

So now just a matter of cleaning off the makeup, getting a nights sleep before packing the car tomorrow and driving home.

One thing I won't miss....shaving. My face is showing signs of wear and tear.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen your adventures just get better and better every time, I am very pleased that you are having such a free and easy life, it goes to show just where we are in the acceptance spectrum.
    Well done you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Slightly too dressy for the venue but someone has to maintain standards.
    Shocked to read this from the queen of 'blending'!

Helen what a great outing, itall ends too quickly though, doesn't it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Shocked to read this from the queen of 'blending'!
    Daisy,

There are occasions were if you've got it, flaunt it!

In my defence it was a 4 star hotel so someone needed to show the youngsters how it should be done.

Anyway, this morning is the first time I've stepped outside in drab in a week. Oh well, back to reality.

I did get a pic on my phone; I asked the hotel receptionist to take a couple so once I've got home and on my pc I'll upload it then you can draw you're own conclusions.

Daisy was clearly joking, but I have an actual question:

I did get a pic on my phone; I asked the hotel receptionist to take a couple so once I've got home and on my pc I'll upload it then you can draw you're own conclusions.
    But can we, though? Because when others upload pics dressed up beyond the benchmark, they get told habitually that they need to blend more. And you know who drilled that doctrine...

There are occasions were if you've got it, flaunt it!
    And who decides when this is?

someone needed to show the youngsters how it should be done
    And who decides who can do this? Is anyone other than yourself qualified to do this? Could you please link me to a reply where you have demonstrated approval to somebody else wearing an outfit that is emphatically above the benchmark?

And if somebody replies to you with a comment saying that you needed to be more blendable, why would they be wrong and you, right? ( Considering that others receive the same comment ). This will not happen, obviously, but some authoritative voices would be inclined to ask themselves questions despite not-happenings, while some would not.

Good week, though!

- Lydianne.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    It is a shame all good things come to an end , maybe next time head over to our neck of the woods and say hello .

I guess I'm lucky , I can shave top to toe everyday without any problems , I admit I've given up on a second facial shave , that's not possible everyday . I use a decent face cream , at the moment I have L'Oreal age perfect on the go only because Savers are doing it on special offer .

Aspiring Member
    I am going to leap to Helen's defence here. Some of us have no wish to 'blend in'. Some of us are about the outfits, not being as inconspicuous as possible. I once wore a huge 1950s dress for dinner, fluffed out by a visible big white petticoat. It felt great and I got lots of compliments. That is extreme, though - but I want to dress elegantly and smartly and if that makes me stand out from the crowd I welcome it. Not everyone on this site identifies as a woman and for some of us it IS about the clothes and if we want to dress up to the nines, we will. Yes, it means emulating a woman in terms of behaviour, but it is ACTING. Helen should not have to defend the views she expressed - too many people on this Forum believe that their way is the only way. I am on a clothing Forum that is almost all women. They know I am male and they are extremely supportive. There is none of this 'you have to do it my way' stuff. And I now spend a lot more time on there than I spend on here.

Susan,

Thanks for those words of support but there is more than an grain of truth in what Lydianne says. I will rail that passing is a futile pastime and all we can really do is seek to blend as best as possible, so yes me being over dressed (slightly) will help draw attention to me. That said I felt confident enough in my being there, even if read, to be able to enjoy my evening meal.

I promote blending simply because if you hang behind the front door waiting for that moment you pass 100% that's where you'll stay. Knowing I don't pass hasn't stopped me enjoying a full week enfemme. If you've read my posts this last week you'll know I've spent hours traveling on public transport, shopped till I dropped using the ladies changing rooms (and THE ladies on many occasions), dined 3 times in hotel restaurants, ate in goodness knows how many store cafes, cinema twice.

If I waited till I pass then non of those wonderful experiences would have been mine. I can truthfully say there were times when I forgot I was dressed. I was just me doing whatever.

So, apologies for the quality, here's me in my blue lace dress, new kitten heels and new wig.

Royal Oak 1_1.jpg
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-24-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    The wig works well, I'd still like to see the blond one .

That is a very interesting comment , you actaully forgot you were dressed or should we rephrase that and say you forgot you were a crossdresser , you became Helen . I feel so much like that now , I've gradually shed the labels and just become Teresa .

May I ask if this is your Xmas treat to yourself ? In that case I wish you an early Happy Xmas .

Teresa,

I'll see what I can do wig wise. And no not really a Christmas treat. Some go off on golfing or fishing trips and leave the SO at home, me I go on a femme trip. They can drag their bags of bats chasing a ball around a big field all day, as far as I'm concerned I get the better deal.

Helen, Sounds like you have had a wonderful time. The dress is lovely.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

me being over dressed (slightly) will help draw attention to me. That said I felt confident enough in my being there, even if read, to be able to enjoy my evening meal.
    OMG! This! This! This! +1!

Blending definitely has a role. I have always acknowledged that, but I have also said that others have demonstrated alternative approaches. What you experienced is a valid alternative approach - to develop enough confidence to wear what you want and withstand being read.

That's all I was driving at. I appreciate your unemotional response. My questions were also posed without emotion. I can shut up now.

Btw, you look great! .
    - Lydianne.

Hi Helen, I've just been catching up with your various threads about your recent adventures. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading about them and thank you for posting. I'm glad you had a great time.

Sarah x

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'm with you on the pain of shaving,being away for 4 days dressed earlier in the year by the end of it I was like Kevin in Home Alone,screaming every time i put post shave balm on,my face was red raw.

I'm glad you had the time of your life,and there was no negativity from anyone you Met along the way,if anything it goes to show things are getting better

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Sophie,

Yep I've made a mental note to self. Next time before I go to bed each night to put on some antiseptic cream. I did so on about day 5 and it made a real difference. Learn from your mistakes and move forward.

Helen, thanks for sharing! You look very nice! I am glad you had a great time! Here's to the next time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix