Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing like a girl

Standing like a girl

Yesterday we attended a large posh cocktail party where many friends were present. I would have loved to be able to wear a long gown like most of the ladies, but had to be stuck with my boring men’s suit. At the end of the party my wife told me “you stand like a girl!”. I was about to take it as a compliment and thank her, but thought better of it... It seems I’ve been crossing my legs while standing up and talking to different people. It seems guys don’t do that. Oh well, guilty as charged! I guess the real me may be taking over more and more often...

I was wearing stockings, long nails and pink manicured toenails, all properly hidden. Didn’t think of my posture, but I liked it!!

I catch myself doing the same, nobody's ever mentioned it though!

Banned Read only
    Carolina,
    You reminded me of an incident in a builder's merchant .
    I was looking down the racks dressed very scruffily with hands on my hips , the sales guy who I'd known for years shouted across, "you look like a right teapot standing like that !", so I shouted back , "thanks best bone china with pink flowers on !"

I stand a little fem and walk a little fem at work. It's good practice and NO one notices. Also, I am thinking it may be a good gauge for if my 'tells' are starting to show. If ever I catch a sidelong glimpse, or if anyone mentions it, I'll have mixed emotions of "Cool! I must be doing this right!" And "Whoa, time to tone it down just a little." Lol

I do this often too, and always have. Even before I really tapped into my femme side. Now when I catch myself doing it I enjoy a little inside smile to myself.

I often do that too. Sitting or standing up. I have been teased for that by my friends a few times too, but I think they don't know about my crossdressing. It was just a guy thing, teasing each other sometimes.

Banned Read only
    My wife used to tease me about flicking my pinky up while holding a cup. It just felt right. She is also accepting of my CDing.

When young, I used to practice sitting and standing like the girls did. When someone mentioned it, I became very self conscious about it, and stopped. It was all in preparation for when my body got fixed and I finally became the girl that I thought I was going to be. I didn't want anyone to know.
    So I went the other way, and when in public, simply act the part of a 'general issue' male. Standing, moving, doing everything I could to give off the appearance of a typical masculine man.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Interesting, I am very natural at sitting and crossing my legs while in a skirt or dress. Seems to come naturally to me.
    Standing with my legs slightly crossed with one foot slightly in front, I find looks very elegant and female, but is less natural
    for me to do, even when nicely tucked. Oh well some things take practice. I find walking in 3-heels very easy and natural as well.
    The higher ones take a little effort, as I am sure most GGs may tell us as well. - love, Annie
    Last edited by AnnieMac; 11-24-2018 at 08:46 PM.

I have some mannerism that are feminine. The way I stand, sometimes walk.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

depends if my wife is watching or not lol
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Aspiring Member
    I find myself walking at work like a model on the runway - one foot directly in front of the other, like I am walking a balance beam.

Carolina- I hear you on seeing your friends wearing long gowns and wanting to be dressed like them. My company's christmast party is where I spend the evening looking at all the great dresses and gown and wishing I was dressed like them instead of my boring men's suit. Same goes for weddings.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carolina , MyWife will say that my nails are starting to look girly,

I thank her and she says, "That was not a Compliment ! " >>>>>>>>Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

(I’m probably not going to make any friends by saying this, but...)

Twice made was the comment “boring men’s suit”. My tip would be to buy a better suit! We all love dressing in beautiful female clothing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t wear stylish menswear when we present as male.

Just saying,

Michelle

Me too Carolina. I've always noticed that about myself, ever since I was a kid. I could never just stand like a guy. I tried to consciously change my stance, but always found myself unconsciously reverting back.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Standing like a Girl is quite a challenge,
    Embracing your inner beauty may be the answer?
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I have practiced those mannerisms for years and no one has picked me for it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi,

For me, having girly, smooth mannerism was and still be a quite a challenge. Not natural at all.
    But, now, in a few occasions, I surprised myself having unconscious woman gesture like the way I stand or the way I move my hands (holding my ciagrette for example).
    No one noticed, but since I don't really want that somebody, especially at work, know that I am a crossdresser I try to pay attention.

Karine.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Banned Read only
    I often put my hands on my hips like my mom always did. One time in DRAB standing in line at a fast food place that way I noticed a girl working in the kitchen was looking right at me. When she saw me see her, she put her hands on her hips, did a little girly wiggle, smiled at me and went back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by biancabellelover View Post

My tip would be to buy a better suit!

Michelle
    Totaliy agree Michelle. A man needs to be anything but boring to carry a suit well. Probably helps to make an impression in a frock too.

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    but that doesn’t mean we can’t wear stylish menswear when we present as male.
    Well said, Michelle. As a crossdresser, I can appreciate feeling that most women take for granted what they are able to wear. I would say the converse is true, of men as well.

Reality Check
    (I’m probably not going to make any friends by saying this, but...)

Twice made was the comment “boring men’s suit”. My tip would be to buy a better suit! We all love dressing in beautiful female clothing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t wear stylish menswear when we present as male.

Just saying,

Michelle
    Yes. We are as boring as we choose to be. When I was working I used to wear matching suspenders and ties. They came as a set.
    Krisi

I will sit and sometimes walk in a feminine manner... not overtly but I notice I do. and that is fine.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Yep I stand cross legged all the time (not just when I need a pee). Standing and walking like a muscle bound Neanderthal shouts MAN more than any clothing choice.

I got the opposite the other night. I was at the girlz night out and was called out for "standing at attention". I guess I should work on it a bit more