Thread: I have that dress!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

I have that dress!

I was sitting down after the feast as kids wandered and cleanup was underway and picked up a magazine to page through. A few pages in there was a photo of one of the women featured in the magazine and she was wearing the same dress I had purchased a few weeks before. I'm not out to everyone in the room but when I saw the photo I said out loud "I have that. . ." but stopped just before the word "dress".

Sometimes it gets so close and I have to remind myself where I am and just shut my mouth. Close calls are bad enough without being self-inflicted. I hope the season is a good one for all.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    Usually, I don’t catch myself quite soon enough.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Funny story but it calls my attention that you were seat while the "cleanup was underway".
    Do you have a maid or your wife does it? While you seat...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I have said it, but it has been at a party where I am dressed anyway.

The conversation then turned to where did I get it and how long have I had it.

Fun really.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    Take a look at my avatar the ads haven't long stopped running when Denise Van Outen was modelling the same dress for Matalan . First time out they kept calling me Denise in my social group !

It'[s an indicator of how natural we feel and no longer in the closet in our own minds!
    We are all beautiful...!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    This weekend I told the story to a T friend of mine and when I showed her the ad she laughed out loud. At first I didn't understand, but then she said "I have that dress too!" So now we have to check with each other if we want to wear that dress to the same function. Oh the trials and challenges we face on this path.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    I'm so looking forward to that happening !

In fact I was sitting dressed in the waiting area to donate blood, the sessions were being held in the same hotel where my local social group meets up . I glanced out the door and saw a female employee walking down the corridor wearing the dress in my avatar , a few moments later she returned and walked directly by me . I couldn't help smiling !!

I was in a business networking meeting dressed in drab and underdressed when I noticed on of the women in the group was wearing the same skirt I have. I purchased it at Target. It put a smile on my face as well.

I went to a party in drab almost. I was underdress as always black slacks. My 2" heel booties and a black and white turtle neck sweater. There across the room was a lady with the same sweater and a black skirt. I don't know her but we looked at each other and smiled.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN