Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG I did it!

Oh Wow!!! Congratulations Kat. The toothpaste is out of the tube now and life will never be the same, but how good was it anyway At least it'll be your genuine life now regardless of what happens.

Ilene is right though; people close to you will need time to adjust once it sinks in that this is a real thing, and you need to be ready to give them that space. You might find this time frustrating; I'm there right now and it's killing me. But it's not all about me. Everyone is still really supportive and happy for me, but they need space to sort out their own feelings and I have to respect that - the whole thing will blow up in my face if I push them too hard. And that'll be on me, not them. I'm not worried - they'll come round.

Enough!! Have a fantastic time, and look after those ears . It's only a few weeks and you'll be able to wear whatever you like after that. Just don't go mad buying earrings like I did LOL

Well done and congrats Kat and welcome to the pierced ears club

Keep us updated

A.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Kat, I really congrat you because is amazing the feeling of peace, the relief but at the same time as Llene said, the unknown future can bring some dissapointing situations, don't let your guard down.
    Btw, question: you said you should post this in transexual section, so does it mean you out to your family as trasgender, transexual or cd? The last one is an easy one compared the the first two confessions of life. Very curious about it. Probably because I haven't read your profile...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Congrats, Kat! Look for the good to continue!

It’s a miracle! LOL

I’m happy for you.

I do know how it feels to come out. You don’t know how it will be received. Afterward, I can’t put it into words the feeling when someone you care about accepts that this is part of you. That you are the same person no matter how you are dressed.

Hi Kat.

Congrats, very happy everything goes well.
    It's must be nice to have full support of familiy.
    Enjoy your freedom to be 100% you.

Karine.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Katrina

Excellent news A good choice and a courageous one. I'm glad to hear how well it went, and long may that positive response continue.

Rachel

Katrina, that's great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The avvy pic isn't me
    Woot!
    Welcome to the Sisterhood Katrina!

Haha, been a rough day here for me, so this has put a much needed smile on my face. Thanx!
    I've gotten to enjoying following you and watching your journey progress, so this is just really cool.

One piercing each ear?
    I hope the tech didn't center the holes in your lobe too much, if your anything like me you'll be back for 2 more someday.

Was it your brother or brother-in-law who you had some issues with?
    Keep us informed, I'm always interested in how family takes to the news as time goes by, sometimes there are identifiable changes.

Anywho, congrats again, it just gets better and better.
    Cass

So happy for you Katrina, you Go Girl!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Congratulations Katrina!
    I'm happy fof you. Glad it turned out as well as it did!
    Now your possibilities are endless and the sky is the limit.
    I hope I can come out myself some time soon.
    Congratulations again, and I wish you all the best!

Awesome choice

I'm So so SO happy for you! That is Great! Thanks for sharing.
    ... I wonder what the guys at work think of me. I never came out to them, but I do paint my nails, have both my ears pierced 3x with hoops, wear my hair in pigtails often, and wear nylons without caring if anyone notices.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Congratulations Katrina, It takes a lot of courage to do that you should be very proud to show that kind of courage. Coming out as trans was one of the hardest things I have done and there have been a lot of them.

I am usually on the TS and TG forums but you mention the foot traffic has been low so I have been lurking around here some.

The first time I ever posted anything online about being CD and about my first times in public was 2005. I NEVER thought I would transition. Well 11 years later I did. I am sure that will be the case with many here. And many won't, some because they have zero desire to, and some because of fear.

Regardless of where your path goes whether it be an open CD or NB or TS that isn't the point. The real story is that you had the courage to stand up and say who you really are.
    BRAVO !!!!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Its popular for people now to call that courage or being brave when its neither.
    Don't follow the crowd and try to be like other people be honest with yourself.
    I rarely disagree with opinions on any of the forums on this site ( I figure it's just a difference of opinion ) but I have to with the first sentence above. I was terrified coming out, I cried the first two times I did it. The fear of rejection was overwhelming. Being honest with yourself is the most important thing but it takes a lot of courage to be honest with others - especially something that we have been programmed by society our entire life to be ashamed of.

Courage is being afraid and doing it anyway.

Congrats, Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Grandy View Post
    Kat, I really congrat you because is amazing the feeling of peace, the relief but at the same time as Llene said, the unknown future can bring some dissapointing situations, don't let your guard down.
    Btw, question: you said you should post this in transexual section, so does it mean you out to your family as trasgender, transexual or cd? The last one is an easy one compared the the first two confessions of life. Very curious about it. Probably because I haven't read your profile...
    Vanessa, I told them that I was on the transgender spectrum, specifically identifying as genderfluid and bigender. That took a little explaining but everyone understood. I told them that the chances of me transitioning are slim, but not none.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post
    Woot!
    One piercing each ear?
    I hope the tech didn't center the holes in your lobe too much, if your anything like me you'll be back for 2 more someday.

Was it your brother or brother-in-law who you had some issues with?
    Cass, the tech put it towards the front of the lobe, and yes, I imagine it's not going to be the only one. It was my brother that I had some issues with. That's actually why I came out to them because some things he said were causing me anxiety and I thought I'd just hit the nail on the head. He couldn't have been more accepting, so it all worked out in the end.

I'm not out to all my family, just my family that lives in California. And that's enough for now. I'm not trying to make a statement, I'm just trying to make my own personal habitat livable for me. Now I don't need to worry about removing gel polish before family dinners or wearing pants out with the fam because my legs are always shaved.

I'm totally free to be myself.

Congradulations, both on outing yourself, and getting your ears done. Hoops are deliciously feminine - let me know in six weeks if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by rachael.davis View Post
    Congradulations, both on outing yourself, and getting your ears done. Hoops are deliciously feminine - let me know in six weeks if you agree.
    5 weeks and 2 days

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaK View Post
    5 weeks and 2 days
    LOL.
    And be sure you abide by that rule.
    I got impatient with my first set and thought i'd pop out the starter studs after only 3 weeks. You know just a quick minute to let them soak in the antiseptic fluid while I pop in some hoops...…..just a super quick looksy, right?

In the 10 minutes I floundered around trying to get those hoops in for the first time, the tissue was already closing back up.
    The pretty young lady who did them, gave me a sweet smile, rolled her eyes and gave me a little lecture complete with shaking her finger at me. She said something along the lines of...... "oh sweetheart, that's a big no no, you have to wait....blah blah". She had to re shoot them, but spared me the re-charge fee when I promised to comeback and buy more stuff.
    Cass

When you take the starter posts out for the first time just dump the posts and backs into s dixie cup of peroxide, you don't want to see the crud on the back after six weeks. First week? Itchy little rascals aren't they?

Truly happy for you Katrina. Keep going, keep enjoying.

Karen

Congratulations!!! Welcome to your new life!

I have followed that road and it was the best decision I have ever made.

Banned Read only
    Katrina,
    Too many of us have to resort to medical intervention when we really don't need it when the bottom line is what will other people think. It's great you took that difficult decision , I'm really happy for you .
    The point now is let the dust settle and leave them to absorb it , when I told my mum she was OK at the time but then rang two days later asking me to apologise to my wife and then she admitted feeling guilty because it was all her fault . I assured her not to feel like that , no one is to blame most of us are born with a little cross wiring , nothing anyone can do it's a part of us .

Don't forget it's a big difference to people knowing and actually seeing you in reality , I'm out to countless people but not all have seen me it's getting that way and it does get easier .

Wow! I'm so happy for you. You are one courageous girl!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg