Thread: Finally my own place

Finally my own place

Hey people. I haven't posted in a while but finally at age 29 I moved into my own apartment. My mom knows about my CD and even saw me in dress before when I went out in public for the first time one night. But it still feels good to not have to worry or think about if anyone is coming home or if stuff gets left out. Especially nice to have toe nail polished for several days at a time just around my place. how was it when you guys first moved out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations ! Nothing like you own space to do as you wish. I enjoy mine daily ....
    Lisa
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Courtney.

Setting aside the CD'ing aspect of it, it's always good when you first find the moment of independence, a place to call yours. I hope you find loads of happiness there.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thanks a lot 😁 . Definitely is nice to take the next step forward in life. Now just need a girlfriend that is fairly accepting lol

Glad you have your own place now. So much more enjoyable when you can dress and do what you want!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is so awesome Courtney glad to see you got your own place.

Isn't it lonely there or something?

I do have my cat lol named “Peanut” because she was the smallest of the litter years ago. She doesn’t care if I dress she’s like “you’re not fooling anyone” . But yea eventually may be a little lonely, but for now love the alone time

Being solo in your own place has its advantages. You're now in a position to be able to invite crossdressing friends over if you like. They can come and feel comfortable, and you can put on the dog some for yourself. You place becomes a safe haven for being social with others.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

I think the greatest freedom would be that anyone could come over dressed if they wanted to. I'd love to try on clothes with another girl, get opinions, match outfits, etc. But it just ain't gonna happen with my wife around.

Beautiful story of new life and transition.
    Thanks Courtney. You look great; so cute.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Remembering my first place away from home I think of so many reasons beside dressing to have your own place!

I won't list them here as I wasn't 21 back then. But, u r!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Can relate it to when I got divorced first time around,and moved in to my flat.just not having to cram my femme wardrobe in garbage bags snymore and the feeling of being at ease with myself and the freedom to be girly without worrying about getting caught just felt so amazing....and of course I also enjoyed the buying frenzy that followed

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The very first thing I did when I got my first place was set up my computer and place a Victoria's Secret order!

Congratulations! I spent the holiday weekend rearranging my closets so i don't get in the rut of only wearing the clothes I can find easily.

I was eighteen and moved into a house with three other girls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Courtney, congratulations on getting your own place.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    That's great! Congratulations! It has been a long time since I did that. I was about your age when I bought a small cabin in the woods (for R.I.) and started out alone. It did get lonesome after a few years and I began to look for a mate. I wasn't really CDing much at the time but the interest was there. And why I am replying is to say while the freedom and independence is great there is a down side. Unless you have a very good job it is hard to get ahead with a single income. It is a lot easier sharing expenses with someone and getting started saving/investing for the future and retirement is best done as early as possible so interest can do it's thing for you. Unless one or both of you make very good money it is still not easy to be saving. I was lucky and my X did pretty good so when we divorced my share gave me a good start to retirement savings and by then I too was doing OK. Not to take away from your new independence but just a thought for the future. Sherrii

It's been so many years ago I couldn't remember but I made a mistake and was playing music and one of the members of the band needed a place to stay so we shared an apartment. I quit CD for a time then. It's been a long time since that day that I have been by myself except for a few weekends here and there. I started dating a girl that I married. I kept it from her for many years but now she knows and has been on and off in favor of it.
    Enjoy the time you have alone.