Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this mean I loosing it/gone crazy!

Does this mean I loosing it/gone crazy!

I think my stash is getting to big, I'm at 106 dresses Attachment 298461 and I could only get myself to get rid of 2.
    Two years ago I got rid of 80 when my wife freaked out.
    This is bad.

How big is your stash? Is this normal?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I am SO envious! I wish my closet looked like that! I want that so that I can show it off.

Is it Crazy? Only if you are just "In the Closet"! (Full disclosure, I am not a psychological professional, therefore I am not qualified to make that determination.)

I have far more dresses than my wife. At last count, it was well over 100. I have two closets that are full, and working on a third. I keep thinking that I need to get rid of some, but it never seems to happen.

Women's clothes tend to expand to fill the space available to store them. I'd say you're doing ok. Very nice, in fact.

Now, if you had a roomful of animal skins or something like that, I'd say you needed some attention.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

"Women's clothes tend to expand to fill the space available to store them."
    My dresses have taken over the rack that they are assigned to, plus a few here and there that I need to go through. I'd love such a closet as yours, but I'm afraid of the consequences of having too many of them then. Wait a minute! That's not a legetimate excuse. LOL

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Must admit I have at least 4 or 5 times that many, Judy. And, not kept anywhere near that neat!

But in my defense, 1/2 a closet r costumes and 1/2 of a closet only fits my manikins!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yeah, I have about that many - then a few more.....

nah. I'm exactly like you. Maybe I'm crazy too.
    Last edited by jazmine; 11-25-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Feeling sad now with my 10 dresses and 6 skirts - must have a chat to the wife about that, except she has even less.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Now I'm going crazy - wishing I had a closet like that!
    I probably have about 25 tops, a dozen skirts, half a dozen dresses and 20 pairs of shoes. We live in a small house, so space is limited, and after wearing things a few times, I usually donate them.
    Stephanie

I love love love your dresses and you look perfect for you in your photos. I have 3 dresses at the moment which I think is the most I've ever owned at the same time. I'm more of a pants sort of girl though or leggings & skirt this time of year. It rains a lot here so you'll rarely see anyone in a dress unless they like wet legs. Except for special events.

106 dresses in about two years? Sounds okay to me! I envy your budget, and more importantly, your closet space!

Is the stash closet at your home, with your hostile wife? How do you get by with that, if she knows? I purged about eight bags and containers around a year ago, after being suicidal. About 30 dresses, and 15 skirts and tops lost. I miss them. Also got rid of both wigs then, and all my shoes! I only own 2 dresses now, and one top no skirts, and only one pair of heels now.

I don't know about that.

My rule is if I will not wear it it goes.

Are you just bragging or really asking if is ok?
    If you're bragging, it's ok for a woman, normal, it is disproportionate for a cd, but you know they said, in tastes nothing is written. Mine is half a walking closet, the other half for wife...this closet is not enough big that we keep the out of season clothes in suitcases and switch when season is changing...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Platinum Member
    I wish I had your storage area. How in the world do you keep your wife out of the area? Does she know about it? Secret room dug into the basement floor? I wish you did not purge those eighty dresses. Such a waste. I have 162 dresses. I store them in Xerox boxes. I have a word document listing label, brief description and size along with a color print out of the dress on the back of the PayPal payment document. I had to start doing that when I bought the exact dress a second time. Anyway, I wish I had a dedicate room for my wardrobe.

Aspiring Member
    You are the true Vanna White and I claim my $100

I wish that I had the guts to dress fully when I was younger. This past October was my first ever time fully dressing with makeup and everything. Not sure what my Son would say if I had more and did it in public other than at a Halloween party.

I just hung them up to take a photo and try to determine which ones to keep and which ones to purge.
    After the photo I put them all back in the boxes. I bought 100 hangers just to take the photo.

I'm having trouble getting myself to get rid of any.
    How can I get myself to get rid of at least half?
    Any ideas could help.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 11-25-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

If two years go by and you haven't worn it, and you don't have the space to hang it - donate it; works for my wife (not for me) I am always getting "you have too much stuff" as it is ………………………………….Debra

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I don't have any where that many but even now I'm beginning to forget what I have in my wardrobe but I do try and keep it tidy .

I would try and curb my spending if I didn't go out , I would find it so frustrating if I have nowhere to go to enjoy them , just to wear them for a few brief moments and take a picture then stash them all away again would drive me as crazy as it does you sometimes .

When I got a divorce I had 20+ feet of closet rod stuffed full of dresses, skirts, blouses, slacks, jeans... everything that was to hang up. Had racks of shoes and drawers full of bras and panties. Every available inch in the bathroom was full of makeup, curling irons, and rollers. I wasn't pressed for space, so I just kept accumulating. You're way more into dresses than I ever have been. I had things that I never wore in public.

I don't over-accumulate anymore, with anything. I keep a donate bag going all the time, and make frequent donations. If I put something on and there's anything at all I don't like about it, it goes in the donate bag.

I imagine my accumulation was driven similarly to yours. Just opening the door and seeing all those beautiful clothes was a thrill unto itself. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I am glad I've moved on from that.

I got rid of most of my dresses. I have 1 right now, 4 skirts ans tops, a bag of panties and slips. and of course 8 pairs of pantyhose and 1 pair of high heels. I know I can build it up again.

As for you you have a treasure cove.. And I admire you.. wish I could have as many ..

Silver Member
    You DO have a lot of dresses. Without actually counting, I'd say I have about half that many. But your closet is to die for. It's enormous!

My wardrobe has been focussed more on skirts and tops lately, so I'm not all that far behind you in clothing.

Judy,

If you have a LARGE wardrobe, you have to utilise it. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.