Thread: New me

New me

It's oft been written here about just what a difference seeing yourself fully made up and then in a wig for the first time has upon how we perceive ourselves. It's a while ago since I first experienced it but the effect is still as pronounced even now, each time I get dressed. The final act of putting on your wig is transformational. The makeup may be great but the wig ties it all together.

So imagine my surprise when the other day I went to buy a new wig opting for a fairly short length as opposed to the shoulder length I've always gone for previously. Geez, on it went and there staring back was a different, a new me. I expected it to be different but this was something else.

I suppose it's no different to a GG going for a radical restyle and everyone going "I love your new look". I just didn't expect it to be so striking. One thing's for sure. I'll never buy online again if for no other reason than it was such a lovely experience.

For info the shop was on Bridge St. in Manchester.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Saw the pic on the other thread, absolutely beautiful! And I think the pearls really tie it all together

Good for you. I too prefer to shop local.

Congratulations on your breakthrough. Reminds me of when I went to the wig store and put on what is now my main wig for the first time. I put it on and there I was! It’s a great feeling.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Helen, It is amazing how a new cut or color does change you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Close but no cigar for me, Helen.

When I transform and look in the mirror I want to see a woman looking back.

NOT a 'new me"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If I may say so, that is an odd position to take, considering your signature.

Sorry.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

That is why I buy wigs from a local dealer.

They tell the truth......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Lesson learned , I know exactly how you feel ! To sit in the chair and allow a professional to assess how you look and then watch them restyle it to show what can be done . I knew my old wig wasn't quite right but didn't realise until something different looks back at me in the mirror . It is an interesting debate as we go out and dress more , wig versus your own hair , I just accept it's never going to happen , in some circumstances women have to wear a wig full time otherwise they may not step outside their frontdoor , if it makes life easier and brings greater happiness we shouldn't knock it .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-25-2018 at 09:22 AM.

I have to agree, a new wig is the part of crossdressing that pulls it all together. That first look into the mirror still takes my breath away. I will have to get my nerve up and look into a fitting at a wig store. Thanks for the post