Thread: Mood swings?

Mood swings?

As I'm new to this, and I look at my internal thought structure and what I really want, I've seen something that is somewhat puzzling to me.

When I first started out a few weeks ago, I was drawn to "girly" things. The girlier and frillier the better. You know, pink, with lace and bling. In trying to figure out how to convey what I was feeling, I came up with "It gives me a great deal of pleasure to wear things that make me feel feminine and pretty."

But in the last week or so, I see that fading. For example, was looking a women's wallets in Walmart (someone said on another thread that it's completely incongruous to pull a man's wallet out of a purse), and saw one in a bright pink metallic sparkle - something that was definitely "girly". But I was, like, "No, eww, that's not me."

Is this just a mood swing thing? Shifting hormone balances?

Does anyone else experience anything like this?

I'm new to this too. I think at at first, one wants things to be as feminine as possible but over time, as we observe what actual women are wearing, our tastes shift toward more plausible everyday fem clothing.

I think your tastes are just becoming more defined with experience. "Mood" doesn't really come into it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Have to agree with Patience. At first I think we all look at the most feminine items (just like a little kid always tries on Mommy's nicest dress and heels). However as we progress we start to look at what looks best on us and is comfortable.
    I always said that when I dressed it would always be in a skirt or dress, why wear pants when I wear them all the time. However as I've been out more and more and with winter coming I have to admit that pants or leggings may be a part of my winter wardrobe.

As the bright and shiny newness begins to fade you may be experiencing a transition to more neutral items.

Nothing wrong with a little bling though.

Aspiring Member
    No, I don't think mood swings, I think just the normal run of the mill being a girl, sometimes you'll want to dress it up, sometimes you'll want to dress it down, and sometimes, like Goldilocks, you'll want it somewhere down the middle.
    Last edited by Charlotte7; 11-26-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Not every GG goes for the bling and glitter. Likewise, we don't have to either. We all have different tastes and styles. Otherwise, the stores would only carry one style wallet, dress, panty, etc.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    Darci,
    I feel it's a reality check ! I simply question do you see a GG out using or wearing those clothes or that purse etc . if it's a no or maybe then I usually reject it . I know I'm going to waste my money and the item may never be used . I have some shoes bordering that now but at least most cost pennies from charity shops . I do like the odd fun item , my social groups haven't had a theme evening for a while , there's no harm in wearing something that brings a smile to people's faces . We have a charity evening coming up, we hope to raise money by wearing a Xmas jumper .

Mood swings are mostly par for the course , sometimes it feels great and then you wonder what the **** you are doing !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its actually a normal thing most every CDer I have spoken with has been thru that.
    Its not a mood or a hormonal imbalance its just you are progressing and finding what works for you and your style.
    One person told me its like you are a girl going thru puberty where everything is very girly,pink,glittery so consider the moving away from the super girly stuff as a puberty or growing thing.

PS
    Don't over think things too much and just go with the flow.
    The more you dig into the how and why of all this the more confused you will get.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-26-2018 at 12:06 PM.

1) Being a woman does not mean you have to like EVERYTHING that’s made for women. What you experienced was called an “opinion”.

2) Sometimes the “Buzzy” feeling you get from the clothes fades, sometimes it doesn’t.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    My good friend who worked in a bridal shop told me the same thing , when some of us come out we regress to a girls puberty and have to work our way through it . I have to admit some in my social groups never do , as one said all he wants to do is live his boyhood dreams , normally it's full skirts or dresses with plenty of petticoats .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    In the 10 years I have been here I have seen that a lot Teresa.
    I went thru it too so don't think I am judging anyone.

We all have our own tastes and while something full of bling might appeal to one it may be the bane of existence to another.
    My wife loves tops with a bit of bling while I find them, well, ugly. Not that they aren't feminine, but they are just ugly to me. I could never wear a sequin covered dress, but give me lace and satin and this gal's in heaven.
    I don't think you were rejecting "girly", just rejecting what you don't like.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Agreed on all counts. Your 'mood' is more discovering what a realistic style might be for your feminine side. Not every GG likes everything. I have a hard time picking out cute tops. I'll scroll through hundreds on-line and find very few that *I* think are cute and the rest are just 'ugh', I wouldn't be caught dead in that! I even asked my wife if that was normal … lol

It is a mood swing affected by the fact that you already have girly things and now you are moving to something more practical.

I do not suggest a hormonal imbalance or anything similar.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Its actually a normal thing most every CDer I have spoken with has been thru that.
    Its not a mood or a hormonal imbalance its just you are progressing and finding what works for you and your style.
    One person told me its like you are a girl going thru puberty where everything is very girly,pink,glittery so consider the moving away from the super girly stuff as a puberty or growing thing.

PS
    Don't over think things too much and just go with the flow.
    The more you dig into the how and why of all this the more confused you will get.
    Perfect reply!

When I began dressing I did it in a vacuum for 10 years. Attracted to anything very fem and sexy! And, that's what I wore! Incredibly unfunctional gear that looked good in photos. But, didn't fit, were damaged, or could only be worn for minutes at a time!

When I began going out, almost nothing I had was practical! I needed to buy EVERYTHING all over again!

A wallet in fem mode is pointless for me! Purses have zippered compartments for my main credit card, cash, car key, and ID! And, most have room enuff for Sherry in there, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

So? are you into Pink or you a more Fuchsia kind of chick, I'm a Fuchsia Girl! Then my Purse is electric blue yet I never wear blue?

20180202_003015.jpg

I wear white jeans a floral tops, once again my choice, it's your call babe, just do what feels right! I wouldn't be here now if I didn't!

And I don't even like Blue!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I can so relate to this conversation. Over the years, and as I age, I am tending to the more lady-like, and classic feminine cothing. I do not use the "young girl Pink Fog flashiness anymore. Now it is mostly knee high of even lower hems, , subdued make-up, classy feminine nightgowns with lace and smooth, silky fabric, preferably down to my ankles, and things like that. I was even told I should be wearing a grey wig! (I draw the line at that one!). I still adore my auburn hair, in a short bob or curls just above my shoulders!). I still do love having the guys ogling me! Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Completely off topic,

But whenever I hear or read "mood swings"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLbK-VaSI18

Michelle

Years and years ago I had my first real make over and the make up tech asked me what I wanted for my “look” I really didn’t know then. I agree with the others that we are moving, quickly I hope, through female puberty and we are learning what our look will be. So enjoy experimenting. Try out the blingy purse or the bright pink top. You may only use it once and say never again, or it just might fit the look you want to have.

I am only attracted to certain womens clothes and styles. Some womens things do nothing for me at all. No biggy. We are still at least part guy if CD's

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Darling View Post
    So? are you into Pink or you a more Fuchsia kind of chick, I'm a Fuchsia Girl! Then my Purse is electric blue yet I never wear blue?

20180202_003015.jpg

I wear white jeans a floral tops, once again my choice, it's your call babe, just do what feels right! I wouldn't be here now if I didn't!

And I don't even like Blue!
    Your "purse", Stacy? Isn't having one purse like having one pair of shoes?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!