Hi,

i hope this is the right forum. If not would the mods please place it in the right one. I had surgery and developed two clots in my leg. I’ve been on estrogen patches and progesterone for around five years. They put me on a blood thinner and told me to stop the estrogen. I don’t know if anyone had a similar situation, but I was wondering if after the clot is dissolved can you go back on estrogen. This developed as a result of surgery. I am trying to get an appt with my endo doc but he is booking two months out. While I’m waiting I was hoping I could get some experiences from anyone whom might have been in this situation. Thank you.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Again. This is just a follow up. My endo is a wonderful person. He called me today and told me IF there was a contributing factor it was more likely to be the progesterone and not the estrogen. He told me to stop the progesterone and start wearing my patches again next week. He said if the next round of blood tests shows a T increase he will give me a once monthly injection of Lupron (I think that’s the name) which would solve the problem. I feel greatly relieved!